KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Official Boxing Thread

Official Boxing Thread
Started by: Deano

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (75): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deano

Official Boxing Thread

ok im really starting to enjoy boxing of late
eastman vs hopkins...any predictions?
should lennox come out of retirement?

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 11:28 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

hopkins/eastman fight was horrible...hopkins reminded me of a UFC fighter that only has wrestling skills...he did JUST enough to win against an opponent that was an extreme underdog. But still, that was his 20th title defense, and that is mind boggling.

I'm lookin forward to Manny Pacquiao (or however you spell his last name) against Erik Morales on March 16th. I hope Pacquiao whoops his ass, I've never liked Morales.

Next weekend Cotto fights, been watchin him since his early Friday Night Fights days.

I have mixed feelings about Lennox coming out of retirement. There is no good heavyweight...period! Toney is a b!tch, John Ruiz is a low blowing whiner, Chris Byrd has limited skills, Vladimir Klitscko has no chin, Vitali Klitscko has heavy hands but he's shown many weaknesses in his last 2 fights, Golatta is an infamous "cheater", it goes on and on. I would like to see Lennox Lewis beat Vitali again though.

<`Syntax> iListen to pink floyd: wall.modify(numBricks++);

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 09:20 PM
Shaolin Monk is currently offline Click here to Send Shaolin Monk a Private Message Find more posts by Shaolin Monk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

i wanna know whast happened to prince nassem hamed..he was a skilled fighter

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 12:10 AM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

awwwwwww dean, don't talk about him! lol....I never could stand that guy. We have "boxing parties" (I think I mentioned that in another thread) every time its on HBO/Pay-Per-View (as well as UFC), and we always have these hispanics over. They watch the spanish boxing channel, and keep us informed on whats going on with hispanic fighters. They've heard different things about Prince. Things like "he is in trouble with the law again" and "he's giving up boxing to become a trainer"....but I dunno what's true and what's not.

I never liked Prince because he was waaaaaay too arrogant. If he wouldn't have thought so highly of himself, he coulda been a brilliant fighter. I hated when he came down to the ring on a swing. I wanted to shoot him off lol

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 06:38 AM
Shaolin Monk is currently offline Click here to Send Shaolin Monk a Private Message Find more posts by Shaolin Monk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RZA
Shaolin Monk

Hamed was cool, he was my favorite fighter back in the days. I know he was very arrogant and I can understand why some people hated him but he did back it up a lot, I luv how he would knock out people with just one punch and those crazy leaping uppercuts, man nobody could do that. He won almost all of his fights by knockout....I mean c'mon, luv em or hate you gotta give the guy some credit and to have that kind of power in that weight class was unthinkable before he came along. He made that feather weight division exciting again. I still remember that fight he had with Kevin Kelley, man that was a classic. He was funny too...I like when he use to say 'They all want to get knocked out'.. laughing out loud
You notice how he mysteriously disappeared right after all this terrorism crap started...hmm...wonder if that had something to do with it.

As far as Lennox returning, why? He already showed us the best he had to offer. He got old in that fight against Vitali and he knew it. Is he gonna show us anything different now after two years away from the ring? I don't think so.

I love that Roy jones finally got knocked out and twice too. Talk about someone who was arrogant and talked a lot of crap. I luv how he would always refer to himself in the third person, 'Roy Jones don't lose to nobody', 'Roy Jones is undefeated', 'Roy Jones is the best of all time'...lol...yeah and Roy Jones also never fought anybody that's why. Even after he got knocked out by Tarver he still kept talkin crap, 'Oh it was a lucky punch, Roy Jones still the best ever' then Glenn Johnson finally shut him up for good.

Btw, whatever happened with David Tua?

‘Sorry but I just can’t trust anything that bleeds for about a week and doesn’t die’ My poetry and stuff

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 08:08 AM
RZA is currently offline Click here to Send RZA a Private Message Find more posts by RZA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 08:17 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

quote:
Originally posted by RZA
Hamed was cool, he was my favorite fighter back in the days. I know he was very arrogant and I can understand why some people hated him but he did back it up a lot, I luv how he would knock out people with just one punch and those crazy leaping uppercuts, man nobody could do that. He won almost all of his fights by knockout....I mean c'mon, luv em or hate you gotta give the guy some credit and to have that kind of power in that weight class was unthinkable before he came along. He made that feather weight division exciting again. I still remember that fight he had with Kevin Kelley, man that was a classic. He was funny too...I like when he use to say 'They all want to get knocked out'.. laughing out loud
You notice how he mysteriously disappeared right after all this terrorism crap started...hmm...wonder if that had something to do with it.

As far as Lennox returning, why? He already showed us the best he had to offer. He got old in that fight against Vitali and he knew it. Is he gonna show us anything different now after two years away from the ring? I don't think so.

I love that Roy jones finally got knocked out and twice too. Talk about someone who was arrogant and talked a lot of crap. I luv how he would always refer to himself in the third person, 'Roy Jones don't lose to nobody', 'Roy Jones is undefeated', 'Roy Jones is the best of all time'...lol...yeah and Roy Jones also never fought anybody that's why. Even after he got knocked out by Tarver he still kept talkin crap, 'Oh it was a lucky punch, Roy Jones still the best ever' then Glenn Johnson finally shut him up for good.

Nice title you got there lol

David Tua is SUPPOSEDLY fighting in "other countries". Larry Merchant said something about it that night in October when there were 4 heavyweight fights. He didn't say any specific country, he just said "Tua is off fighting in other countries to gain back his confidence".

Old Post Feb 25th, 2005 06:04 AM
RZA
Shaolin Monk

quote:
Originally posted by Shaolin Monk
Nice title you got there lol

lol...yeah I guess great minds think alike huh? and wait till you see my new sig, if I ever get it finished... sad Our interpretations of what Shaolin means in this case might be a bit different tho.

I guess Tua must be in the far east training like me big grin . Come back Tuaman we need you!

‘Sorry but I just can’t trust anything that bleeds for about a week and doesn’t die’ My poetry and stuff

Old Post Feb 25th, 2005 07:32 AM
RZA is currently offline Click here to Send RZA a Private Message Find more posts by RZA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

I think VK is a ok fighter, there is no one out there that can relly BEAT VK.

I execpt Vk to beat Rahman in April.

IF he beats Ruiz and Byrd, than VK has proven in my eyes that he is the true champion. But thsos fights wont happen in a few years.

I think of this like the Rocky Marciano period. Now Rocky was a good fighter, retired undfeated at 49-0. But he was a flaw slugger, BUT there was no one in his TIME that could have beaten Marciano.

Patterson has not proved himself yet, Liston was a good 5 years a way from making the rankings. So Rocky retire on top with no one in the title pic. MArciano did not just beat the divison, he destory it, and when Poor Patterson became champ, there was hardly any one left for him to fight.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2005 10:25 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Tua just won his comback match(first match in 2 years) with a 10th round stopage of Talmadge Griffis. It was a poor performance on Tuas part, he was very ring rusty.
quote:
I think VK is a ok fighter, there is no one out there that can relly BEAT VK.
I would like to see him up agains Lamon Brewster, Samuel Peter or a reamtch with Chris Byrd

quote:
and when Poor Patterson became champ, there was hardly any one left for him to fight
Patterson gopt his ass whooped by Ingemar Johanson

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 08:16 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

Well he did Johanson did not come up up until 1958, got the shot in 59. But Ingo is a vyer underrated fighter, a great right hand, Just for a few years after Rocky retire, There was relly no one out there for Patterson to prove himself. Ingo came in 58, and of couse Liston flatten Patterson in the early 60's.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 06:14 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fruits
Regenbogenfarben

im related to jack dempsey

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 12:08 AM
fruits is currently offline Click here to Send fruits a Private Message Find more posts by fruits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

ThaT IS GREAT, Do you know there are 2 Jack Dempsey's in boxing?

The first one was middle weight champ in the 1890's and of couse the GREAT heavyweight champ Jack Dempsey.

Did you see any of his fights on film?? I have a bunch of his fights, most complete

Only fights that are not complete are Dempsey Tunney 1 and the Dempsey Sharkey fight.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 05:28 PM
forumcrew

i dont know a lot about boxing... but do you think tyson has a chance?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 09:08 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

Nope he is shot. 39 years old. Asking Tyson to regain the title at 39 is asking for Louis to beat Marciano at the same age, or Ail to beat Holmes at 39.

As it turn out, both Louis and Ail got there BUTTS handed to them, and badly.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 01:13 AM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

once again i got beaten to a thread by dean lol

i havent really watched much boxing only the British fighters really hitman, calzaghe ect

i really like boxing though nothing better than 2 guys beating the shit outta each other big grin

what u think about calzaghe going up a weight u think he could cut it at the higher levels ??

personally i think he could.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 01:22 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

ok...here is a prediction for all the boxing fans

who is the next big champ going to be

i think we can all agree that the heavyweight division is in a pretty poor state when vitali klitchko who was walloped by lennox lewis...is currently the champ

so here is my prediction

Roman Greenberg...a russian jew who took up israeli nationality after his family were persecuted in Russia

now resides and trains in England

here is his current record

W 19(14 by ko) D 0 L 0

http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=077065

i want to see him fight Audley Harrison soon who is currently 19. 0 . 0

Harrison was olympic champ and i personally think greenberg would destroy him

Angelo Dundee...the man who trained Muhammad Ali and sugar ray leonard said of Roman Greenberg "he is the fastest big guy he‘s seen since Muhammad Ali"

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 09:30 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AdventChild
The Oringinal AdventChild

I wonder why the Martial Arts thread has more posts than this thread has...

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 05:03 AM
AdventChild is currently offline Click here to Send AdventChild a Private Message Find more posts by AdventChild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kyllacam
Heavy Boxing Champion

Ali waz da best he would dance around then sting his oppenets face with lighting fast hands and would then tire his enemy out then wail on his face and stomach and yes he waz little cocky but he backed up every word of it and his stamina is among one of the best

One person they had to pull outta the rang cause i messed him up so badly.

"FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFLY STANG LIKE A BEE" - Muhammed Ali AKA Cassius Clay

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 12:06 AM
kyllacam is currently offline Click here to Send kyllacam a Private Message Find more posts by kyllacam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AdventChild
The Oringinal AdventChild

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kyllacam
Ali waz da best he would dance around then sting his oppenets face with lighting fast hands and would then tire his enemy out then wail on his face and stomach and yes he waz little cocky but he backed up every word of it and his stamina is among one of the best

Can any one say "Too much Credit!"

"Ali was the best, he would run away avoiding to get hit and then sucker punch his opponent when his opponent was off guard and eventually tired em out...That's what i saw in ur post.....

No, he didn't back up everyword..that's why he lost several matches...

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 03:26 AM
AdventChild is currently offline Click here to Send AdventChild a Private Message Find more posts by AdventChild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote