KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Naked Gun (2025 reboot)

The Naked Gun (2025 reboot)
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

The Naked Gun (2025 reboot)

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/...works-107658832

Okay, look. I’ll admit this has potential for success.

Leslie Nielsen was a serious and dramatic actor before transitioning into deadpan hilarity that made him the face of comedic goofball genius to a brand new generation, and I see no reason why Liam Neeson couldn’t do the same.

My only fear is if McFarlane will destroy any and all potential by using the tired and painfully unfunny Family Guy formula. That show lost all its magic a long time ago and hasn’t been a fraction of the greatness it used to be before it was cancelled after season three.

I’m not opposed to a reboot of the Naked Gun, but I’m rightfully apprehensive about it failing fantastically by missing the humor angle that made it a legendary comedy series.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 1st, 2024 02:35 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Macfarlane hasn't written for Family guy in about 13 years which is a big part of why it isn't funny any more. He stopped when he was writing Ted.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2024 09:07 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Pamela Anderson will be the female lead.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Yesterday 12:40 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I actually watched the original for the first time the other day.

It was good, but I think it's appropriate to reboot it.

I like Seth McFarlane, though I'm not a big Family Guy fan. I think he's savvy enough pay tribute appropriately to the slapstick humor.

Old Post Yesterday 01:47 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I
I like Seth McFarlane … I think he's savvy enough pay tribute appropriately to the slapstick humor.

^^^The Orville shows (me at least) that when McFarlane likes something, he can homage the Hell out of it. Ill def. check this out.

Old Post Yesterday 02:22 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Type of crass humor that made movies like this funny: https://thirdmonk.net/postcont/2013...-Wall-Climb.gif

That magic is largely gone. But if anyone today can do it, McFarlane is it.

Imagine if they tried to remake Airplane (1980) today...

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Yesterday at 04:20 PM

Old Post Yesterday 04:15 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Classic comedy reboots are always a sure box office hit, every single time.

I'm not being ridiculously sarcastic AT ALL

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Yesterday 06:42 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^The Orville shows (me at least) that when McFarlane likes something, he can homage the Hell out of it. Ill def. check this out.

Right, exactly. The humor on The Orville was great.

Old Post Yesterday 09:28 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote