KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Guy the Peacebringer's Celestial Respect Thread

Guy the Peacebringer's Celestial Respect Thread
Started by: Ethereal

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evolve
KMC Herald

The Celestials Respect Thread

{Mod edit} This thread has been renamed to honor a recently deceased member of our community, Guy222. He was an amazing person, a very big fan of the Celestials, and the nicest KMC member in its entire history. The thread announcing his passing can be found here. Stay peaceful, stay respectful, and enjoy the thread.

Welcome big grin

Yeah, get ready for another epic respect thread! This one dedicated to the enigmatic giants, the Celestials. Scans, info whatever. I have not yet decided to group single celestials from others, nor separate group showing from individual ones yet...they will be in a random order; maybe once I have an array of showings to choose from, I will organize the thread a bit more. As you know The Celestials don't really need respect for themselves, their abilities are expected to be high. Therefore, this will be a capabilities thread.

Enjoy. eek!

(please log in to view the image)

Background Info

ORIGIN THEORIES

Just what exactly ARE the Celestials? Does anyone know? Can we even comprehend what they are? Well, there are some interesting theories:

The Cognitorum of Velsarius Six believes the Celestials come from outside our multiverse.

According to the Philosopix Ultimus of the Uch'tul hegemony, the Celestials are stars that have reached the end of their cycles, and born from black holes.

The Overscholars of the Winding Mist think the Celestials may each be the survivors of a previous universe, and that when Galactus has served his purpose, he will become a Celestial in the next universe.

The Galaxy M31 once thought the Celestials are the physical manifestation of the evolutionary process, and are simply illusions.

But perhaps the most sound theory is the one held by Kubik & Kosmos, two former Cosmic Cubes. They believe that the Celestials are the creation of Eternity, and are sent forth by him to gather knowledge.

Here: (please log in to view the image)

Which of these theories is correct? Well, none of them are proven. According to Kubik, we must each make our own decision about what the Celestials are. And that's the best answer there is.

WHAT WE DO KNOW

If you've read Fantastic Four#319, you know that the Celestials have a homeworld. It stand to reason then, that they have some sort of culture, civilization, and possibly, a good coffee shop, right? Wrong. The "homeworld" seen in that story was a trick, as the Beyonder later learnt. Trust no one.

Nonetheless, we DO know how Celestials are born. The Black Galaxy, a galaxy whose stars were all snuffed out by Ego, was transformed by the Celestials into a new Celestial, with the help of Hercules & Eric Masterson's DNA, and a big burst of energy from Stellaris (who was actually trying to kill the Celestials).

Given the above, it is interesting to note that the Black Galaxy, at the time of its transformation into a Celestial, was a dead galaxy. This suggests that dead galaxies are re-made into Celestials, or perhaps the "unworthy" ones, at least. We also know that Galactus is the Devourer of] Worlds, and that his destruction of life has a purpose. Could Galactus' constant ravagings have been making room for the creation of new Celestials? Food for thought.

Adding credance to the theory of Kubik and Kosmos, Eternity once mentioned how his desire to manipulate the events leading to the 2nd Kree-Skrull War led to the manifestation of the Celestials. But if the Celestials are born of Eternity, what of the Black Galaxy "birth" scene? The more we learn, the less we know.
Click the picture for a larger image

THEIR TECHNOLOGY

Despite being massively powerful- able to melt uru with their energies and erasing themselves from humanity's memories- the Celestials rely upon technology for some of their tricks. This includes space vessels for the Hosts- though Celestials are often seeing in "schools", as seen at the top of this page. The ancient mutant Apocalypse once possessed a Celestial Ship, which he re-programmed to serve him. It is not known when or how he obtained "Ship".

During their "Host" missions, the Celestials have been observed with certain scientific equipment. This includes the staff wielded by Eson, though it's purpose is not known. Gammenon has used a "Gather-Rod", with which he collects samples from planets by re-shaping them into the red blocks on the tip of the Rod. The Rod samples are then placed within the Analyzer, a scanning tool used by Jemiah. Only the Celestials' technology can restore what has been re-shaped by the Rod- much to the dismay of a trio of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents!

Probably the most famous Celestial device is "the Weapon", a large Celestial-size gun that was used to slay the Golden Celestial after he turned against the Host. For some reason, the Celestials did not take this device with them, but let the Eternals handle its imprisonment. When the device was fired, and threatened to destroy the world, the Celestial Ziran took care of the situation. Of course, another Galactus connection suggests itself- is "the Weapon" related to the famed Ultimate Nullifier?

A Deviant expedition to the Celestial Mothership during the 4th Host discovered onboard a "crystal key", some source of great power. The readings they took were duplicated by Deviants on earth, and Ghaur used the Crystal Key to open the Vial containing the essence of the Dreaming Celestial. It is not known what purpose the original "key" may have had, beyond a power source.

Lastly, the Celestials have provided advanced technology to those who have accompanied them in travel- such as the vessels used by the Brethren and the Young Gods. Perhaps Apocalypse's "Ship", which is far too small for a Celestial, was previously used by the Celestials' allies.

Last edited by Digi on Jun 1st, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 03:08 AM
Evolve is currently offline Click here to Send Evolve a Private Message Find more posts by Evolve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: The Celestials Respect Thread

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ethereal
Welcome big grin

Can I provide some scans? Celestials are indeed awesome

thank u bz

Last edited by Digi on Feb 22nd, 2007 at 11:50 PM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 03:29 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Ash231
Harbinger of Dur

I loves these guys! big grin

Can't wait for scans! Happy Dance

Oh, and Ethereal, are you completely, completely finished with the HE respect thread?

Sig by Inhuman

Last edited by Bad Ash231 on Feb 22nd, 2007 at 03:41 AM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 03:35 AM
Bad Ash231 is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Ash231 a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Ash231 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Ok, I have to know. Will we finally get confirmation that the Thor&Sue Storm beating Exitar feats were PIS, as I have long suspected?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 03:39 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Ok, I have to know. Will we finally get confirmation that the Thor&Sue Storm beating Exitar feats were PIS, as I have long suspected?

It was. Thor has never defeated Celestials

thank u bz

Last edited by guy222 on Feb 22nd, 2007 at 03:45 AM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 03:40 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by TricksterPriest

Sue didn't really beat Exitar straight up. The most she did was blow a hole in him.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 04:02 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Originally posted by Accel
Sue didn't really beat Exitar straight up. The most she did was blow a hole in him.

What made it so bad, is Celestials draw power from hyperspace? Don't fret, they have returned. Celestials are wondrous

thank u bz

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 04:07 AM
Evolve
KMC Herald

The Dreaming Celestial

The awakening of The Dreaming Celestial causes a cosmic flux. The Watcher cannot watch for a moment. And "Galactus knows what its like to be afraid."

A group of eternals form, or attempt to form a Uni-mind.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Gets instantly blasted out of unison.

Communicating with a mind of a single Eternal, "I am a tiny part of the mind ( A subroutine/ Demon/ The smallest circuit) of one of the order of things you call celestials."

Trying to explain some of the concepts that Celestials use as to why they imprisoned The Dreaming Celestial here, to a human, would be like a human explaining their concepts to bacteria/microbe.
They have no referent.

Last edited by Evolve on Feb 22nd, 2007 at 04:19 AM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 04:08 AM
Evolve is currently offline Click here to Send Evolve a Private Message Find more posts by Evolve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evolve
KMC Herald

Originally posted by Evil_Ash
I loves these guys! big grin

Can't wait for scans! Happy Dance

Oh, and Ethereal, are you completely, completely finished with the HE respect thread?

I took a hold on it for now until I find some more feats of HE, or the like. If you have any that I have not posted, feel free to post them though. smile

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 04:10 AM
guy222
With my gal

I took a hold on it for now until I find some more feats of HE, or the like. If you have any that I have not posted, feel free to post them though. smile

I shall. Do u have the Scathan scans? I will post from the original Eternals series

thank u bz

Last edited by guy222 on Feb 22nd, 2007 at 04:18 AM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 04:14 AM
guy222
With my gal

The Dreaming Celestial

Tiamut is awesome

thank u bz

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 04:20 AM
guy222
With my gal

Re: The Celestials Respect Thread

Chariot of the Gods theory. Celestials knows the Absolutes. Are they really Eternity's creation?

thank u bz

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 04:25 AM
Evolve
KMC Herald

Earth X Celestials ( Its non-canon, but what the hay)

The Celestials seed planets and basically manipulate the indigenous lifeforms into antibodies, to protect the birthing celestial.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

"Blackbolt is a flea to The Celestials."

Obliterating Blackbolt.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 04:46 AM
Evolve
KMC Herald

Continued..

The Celestials vs Atlanteans

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Turns the ocean into flames.

Destroys Shalla-Bal, who apparently was physically the same as The Silver Surfer.

The Celestials vs Galactus

Destroys Big G's machinery and blasts him down.

The Celestials drop the Asgardians like flys.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Evolve on Feb 22nd, 2007 at 05:00 AM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 04:55 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Odin, Vishnu, and Zeus arrive to beat Arishem.

They attack him... and are unable to even get his attention.

So... they bow down. They also get the Destroyer, and bestow their might into him (the Skyfathers).

So Confrontation. The Destroyer, and Uni-Mind (with a bunch of Eternals), vs the Celestials.

Two Celestials fire and one shot the Uni-Mind.

Destroyer lops of one of their arms, with the Odin Sword.

It grows back, and a Celestial stops his full destroyer beam with one hand.

Ziran grabs his hand, and they start to f*ck him up.

Then... each beam goes through it.

Last edited by One Big Mob on Feb 22nd, 2007 at 05:19 AM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 05:16 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evolve
KMC Herald

^^ Nice. I have that issue smile

Also The two Celestials One Above All and Ziran I believe during the Infinity Gauntlet affair. Manipulating many planets and throwing them at Thanos.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 05:27 AM
guy222
With my gal

Originally posted by guy222
I shall. Do u have the Scathan scans? I will post from the original Eternals series

'The Weapon' used against Tiamut. Guess who's back

thank u bz

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 05:31 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

'The Weapon' used against Tiamut. Guess who's back
Is the Eternal series any good?
I heard about it, but I'm not sure that I will get th whole thing...

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 05:48 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Originally posted by bigbran
Is the Eternal series any good?
I heard about it, but I'm not sure that I will get th whole thing...

thank u bz

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 05:50 AM
guy222
With my gal

Arishem the Judge. He has spoken only once.

Bigbran, yes it is

thank u bz

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 05:53 AM