KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » WWE should the wrestling be real?

WWE should the wrestling be real?
Started by: Thunder God

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Thunder God

Angry WWE should the wrestling be real?

i think that wrestling should be real i mean come on people wrestling is an actual sport so it should be real not acted out your opinion????im listining.....

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 02:03 AM
Thunder God is currently offline Click here to Send Thunder God a Private Message Find more posts by Thunder God Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

i think wrestling is getting overrated and i think should be cancelled now.Wrestiling reached its peak ages ago and now is just full of pure crap and half the time they talk trash to each other and. its just turning out to be another crapy soap opera now nothing else. Oh and to answer your question it should have been real from the start.

Last edited by Shadow_King on Aug 27th, 2004 at 02:13 AM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 02:10 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Viper
The Mack Daddy of Funk

When the events in a movie or play aren't real, are they any less entertaining?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 02:39 AM
Viper is currently offline Click here to Send Viper a Private Message Find more posts by Viper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

no but thats not the question.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 03:27 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadow_realm

i think when people talk about wresterling they think of the WWE but what about the smaller groups like TNA i think that should get more publisity

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 05:22 PM
shadow_realm is currently offline Click here to Send shadow_realm a Private Message Find more posts by shadow_realm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G.P
living bank advertisement

Re: WWE should the wrestling be real?

quote:
Originally posted by Thunder God
i think that wrestling should be real i mean come on people wrestling is an actual sport so it should be real not acted out your opinion????im listining.....
Well here you make 2 contradictory statements that happen to have already been debated here: 'Wrestling is an actual sport' and 'It's all fake'.

I'll start by two remarks.

1) Greco-Roman and freestyle wrestling exist, and are olympic sports.
2) You're asking for real deathmatches ???!!!

The kind of wrestling we're dealing with has always been an entertainment thing. Hence the question of whether it's an actual sport or not (because of all the scenography/theater aspect of it)

And yes the ring is a scene, a 3-dimension one as a matter of fact. Wrestlers have roles (the bad, the vicious, the cutie, etc.). It's a show, and if you ask a show to get real, if you ask actors of Shakespeare's tragedies to die at the end of their perfrmance, what happens next ?

The real wrestling sport exists. To exist, a sport must have rules. The rules define, initiate and terminate the sport. The two types of wrestling I evoked have some. They are actual sports that works well. Less show off, but at least it wouldn't be a butchery.

So Thunder God, the problem is that you're basing yourself on the assessment that the WWE wrestling is an actual sport, which is highly debatable. Some parts of it make it a sport, others make a simple performance just as what circus artists or comedians on stage do.
But you're asking the elements that make it an acting performance to get changed. Well IMHO that's pointless, for that would then be simple anything-goes deathmatches and the entertaining part would be clearly killed. It's not funny to watch 2 people kill each other slowly.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 06:29 PM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

i dunno G.P maybe people would start liking 2 people seeing kill each other. and plus it lowers the population.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 06:40 PM
G.P

quote:
Originally posted by Shadow_King
i dunno G.P maybe people would start liking 2 people seeing kill each other. and plus it lowers the population.
eek! You're right, I didn't consider it that way. definitely go for it !

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 06:55 PM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

laughing laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud when will WWE get cancel. or maybe they should stop wrestling for a few weeks and let the writers and all the ppl involve with the matches think about where their story is heading.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 06:58 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Wrestling is like a giant circus that is on steroids, mixed with soap opera drama. I would like to see a paperview event with WWE wrestlers against real fighters. It would be all real. Staged in a ring so the wrestlers feel at home. have the top wrestlers, i dont know who they are, dont watch it. Anyway have 15 of the top wrestlers, against the five best boxers, 3 of the best wushu artists, the two top kick boxers, three top olympic style wrestlers, and two of the best wing chun fighters. Now this would be very entertaining. I would love to see the first wrestler try to body slam wushu artist.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2004 12:36 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

No amount of steriods would save those useless WWE fools. That industry has been completely and utterly killed off, and its time to see its demise once and for all. Its totally tainted the name of 'real' wrestling, heck i hardly know if it even exists anymore.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Aug 30th, 2004 06:49 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

quote:
Originally posted by vvvrulz
No amount of steriods would save those useless WWE fools. That industry has been completely and utterly killed off, and its time to see its demise once and for all. Its totally tainted the name of 'real' wrestling, heck i hardly know if it even exists anymore.

Heh, so how come when I go check ticketmaster for tickets every now and then, they are sold out?

Hardly a "dying" business.

Wrestling is always popular. It just isn't AS popular as it was about four years ago - when we had that Stone Cold/The Rock mainstream "boom" and the Monday Night Wars with DX and the nWo and some of the best storylines and characters.

Remember Hulk Hogan? Ultimate Warrior? Of course you do. Wrestling is constantly dipping and diving in popularity. It peaked when Hogan and Savage were around, dipped a bit, then had another boom with Stone Cold and Rock. It'll do it again. Wrestling fans have crappy attention spans - the promotors are constantly having to hook new fans because of the massive "turnover" (i.e. most fans grow tired of it quickly and move on - a new generation needs to be hooked).

There's always the loyal fans - they keep it alive when it's in it's "dip" - like at the moment. If guys like Randy Orton can pull off the next "Hogan/Rock" character - then you'll get all the mainstream trash tuning back in, it'll be cool again.

It ain't dying - it's just that the arenas tend to sell out a little slower than before.

As far as it being a sport - that's bull. It's a show. They go through pain, real pain, serious, excrutiating pain. It's still a show. A sport has some real competitive element - that does NOT include the backstage politics.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2004 10:01 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Haha fair enough actually, the tickets are always sold out. I guess i meant killed off with respect to the fan base. I know heaps who once watched it, but now cant stand it, like myself.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2004 11:35 PM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G.P

We're drifting...

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 12:34 AM
Pantera
< insert random comment >

I used to like wrestling even knowing it was fake. But I liked it better in the old days were they had DX, The New Age Outlaws, Mick Foley, ect... They had the hardcore matches, the entertaining hell in a cell matches, street fights, and all of the good matches beside stupid ass boring one on one matches like we got today in wrestling. Now its boring and not worth watching. It was better back then but now its boring.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 12:23 PM
Pantera is currently offline Click here to Send Pantera a Private Message Find more posts by Pantera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I completely agree

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 04:04 PM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

I would've thought that as the years progressed, they'd come up with new ideas for matches. Unfortunately they're doing the exact opposite.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 04:35 AM
jinXed by JaNx

all i know is that i was never into wrestling and it is completly off my radar. However, back in the austin and mcmahon era i did get into it. I mean it was trying new things and diddnt spend the entire shows speaking. they semed to choose like 5 characters and only focus on them. Now there are countless wrestlers and the writing seems to be more reminscant of WcW than of WWF. this is just an opinion using knowledge from the six months i was a fan though, so i am probably wrong.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 06:51 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

I was a fan in the old Hogan UW days, but I stop watching it when Hogan went to WCW and started the NWO thing.

But there was wrestler in the old days, 1940, Who challage JAck Dempsey (Former Heavyweight Champion) to a real fight.

Guess who won?>?> Yep Dempsey knock out the wrestler though the ropes, thus proving that most Wrestlers ant that tought I suppose. And this was a 40 something Dempsey that took out the wrestling star. I have my money on the boxer lol.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 11:50 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

i use to watch it....with the nWo and when the Rock was in the nation it just blew up and you could not go anywhere without seeing a wrestling shirt...than a friend of mine got me into ECW and that was wrestling at its best than even that started to blowup and you started seeing ECW shirts and they were pretty much underground for most of there heyday but than they went bankrupt and i havent watched it since...if you ask me mcmahan completely ruined wrestling

Old Post Sep 9th, 2004 12:09 AM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote