KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Poetry Corner » Poetry and Prose suggestions

Poetry and Prose suggestions
Started by: lil bitchiness

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lil bitchiness
-

Poetry and Prose suggestions

Hello all.

Seeing how really well this forum is doing (unlike my artwork forum and sig forum which are dead most of the time - sad for me)
I decided to open a suggestion thread for a little while.

If you have any suggestions/ideas about the forum - then post them here, and if it is in my modly power - i shall do my best to comply.

happy

I would personaly like to see some prose being posted.

~lil b

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 11:53 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Fantastic Lils, I was hoping you'd get more involved eek!

Could we possibly set up some kind of regular poetry competition? I recall trying some time ago but it seemed to fizzle out erm

Also, having some prose posted would be excellent, I have something, but I'm hesitant to post it as it's a detailed reference to a drug-induced high...

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 12:10 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Sure, regular competition sounds good. Some kind of organised thing that would keep people involved, I recon. Any ideas?

What did you have in mind?

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 12:14 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Well, obviously each competition would have to be thematic, and I think that each participant should be able to post any piece, not necessarily something new. Although that would be welcome too.

Uh, organisation... I'm not entirely sure how to work that. I think it would be good to have time frames, limits on length of poems etc. Sound ok?

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 12:24 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Sounds great, Im all for it.

We could have one competition soon - if people are interested that is. You can organise the thing, Syren, if you want to.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 12:38 PM
Syren
dreaming

Certainly, I'd need some support I think... I'll no doubt rope Lana in big grin

Ok, I'm on it thumb up

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 01:04 PM
Peach
mordrem

Kez got that right, I'll definitely help with it again happy

And the sig forum is still pretty busy, ya know, and the Artwork forum itself is starting to pick back up again stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 01:19 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Artwork is a busy forum, I think... and it's really interesting big grin

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 01:50 PM
Syren
dreaming

Ok, so is anyone else interested in participating in an organized poetry contest? We need confirmation before we go ahead, just Yay or Nay here happy

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 06:31 PM
Peach
mordrem

Also, I think that if we're going to have regular competitions, we should have theme-based ones....not necessarily all of them, but like how before when we did competitions they had a theme for them.

But yeah, knowing if others are interested would be helpful happy

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 07:17 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

I said that missy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Syren
Well, obviously each competition would have to be thematic,

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 08:26 PM
Peach
mordrem

.....shush!!! I'm very non-observant stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 09:26 PM
Syren
dreaming

laughing out loud

Jeez girl... still spaced out?

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 09:48 PM
Fëanor

i think that's an excellent idea!!!! eek!

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 10:11 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Glad to hear it

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 10:47 PM
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Syren
laughing out loud

Jeez girl... still spaced out?

Hun, when am I ever not? stick out tongue

Originally posted by Fëanor
i think that's an excellent idea!!!! eek!

Yay happy

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 10:51 PM
lil bitchiness
-

Super. We have generated interest...kinda confusedstick out tongue

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 03:00 PM
Peach
mordrem

People will eventually notice this thread laughing out loud stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 03:32 PM
NunYahBidness
You can stop looking, now

I for one think such a thing is a terrific idea. However, the problem is generating interest outside of the three (and you know who you are) to make an effort. If they feel intimidated, overshadowed or less than better than they, then how will you get anyone else to actually submit their pieces??

Sy, Ya K, Feanor are of my opinion far above the lot that do post in this forum. The Drunkard proser hardly submits due to constraints, and if he were...that makes 4 that the rest must better themselves in order to be at least on the same level.

So that makes, what? How many outside of them will want to do this? A great idea that will soon fizz if not enough feel they can compare and compete!!!

Or am I wrong in this?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 03:36 PM
NunYahBidness is currently offline Click here to Send NunYahBidness a Private Message Find more posts by NunYahBidness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Preach it sistah!

...and by that I mean, yes i agree.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 03:39 PM