KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Current Magneto vs....

Current Magneto vs....
Started by: demigawd

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
demigawd
Board Scientist

Current Magneto vs....

Current Magneto is the one showing in Excalibur. It's been revealed that Magneto has been holding back his whole life out of a sense of guilt because he always knew what he was doing was wrong. But now that his daughter is in trouble, he's unleashed and using his powers to his potential. That so far includes:

creation of wormholes/black holes
manipulation of reality
control of quantum matter
mind control
the ability to create stellar fission and generate the energy of a star.

So let's see how current Magneto does (no prep) against:

Apocalypse

Hulk

Juggernaut

Exodus

Sersi

Thor

Superman

Shaman Nate

Uber Cable

Silver Surfer

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 06:41 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

he ain't beating silver surfer , uber cable

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 06:49 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

he will beat

Apocalypse
Juggernaut
Hulk
Thor
Superman

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 06:54 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Wow, he beats Thor but not Exodus or Sersi? Interesting....

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 06:56 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

ok i will give reason for all of them hold up.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 06:59 PM
kgkg
Vigilante

Apocalypse- already been ripped

Hulk - well his only brute nothing mag can't handle

Juggernaut - blackhole , mental attacks

Exodus - his psionic powers might be able to hold mag , but his gonna down also

Sersi - if thor can do it so can he

Thor - well this will be a good battle to see , if thor goes all out who knows

Superman - going down

Shaman Nate - shaman Nate wins too powerful

Uber Cable - God like cable too powerful for mag.

Silver Surfer - this guy is beyond magneto

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 07:13 PM
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Someone here I don't care who, can tell me since when Magneto has become a sort of god?I need a full complete explanation.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 07:14 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Go to uncannyx-men.net for summaries and details.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 07:30 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

bout time Magneto used his full potential, but the mind control thing is a stretch, even for me to admit.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 07:32 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Such is the trend in X-Men and Co, comics.

He'd beat Apocalypse, pretty confident he could beat Superman (version depending). I'm not too sure he could beat Thor or Hulk.

He's not beating Surfer, probably not Uber Cable. Not Shaman Nate

He'd make a mockery of Juggernaut.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 07:38 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

quote: (post)
Originally posted by demigawd
Wow, he beats Thor but not Exodus or Sersi? Interesting....

i wasn't done lol i re-did all battle with results

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 07:45 PM
demigawd
Board Scientist

He's done mind control before, but I thought the writers forgot about it. I think Uncannhy #15 (yeah, WAAAAAAAY back in the day) he had something called "magnetic hypnosis". He used it to re-program Warren's parents and send them to set a trap. He used it to free Beast from Doom's mind-control during the storyline where Magneto stopped Doom from taking over the world. That was I think in the late 70s, early 80s. But he did it again more recently, forcing someone to teleport to retrieve Xavier. The explanation given in some of those is that telepathy is just manipulating electric neuron impulses to change someone's thoughts. Well, that's just what Magneto does anyway, so why not apply it the same way telepaths do. He's also used that capability to block telepathy in the past on several occasions.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 07:46 PM
demigawd
Board Scientist

Originally posted by kgkg
Apocalypse- already been ripped

Hulk - well his only brute nothing mag can't handle

Juggernaut - blackhole , mental attacks

Exodus - his psionic powers might be able to hold mag , but his gonna down also

Sersi - if thor can do it so can he

Thor - well this will be a good battle to see , if thor goes all out who knows

Superman - going down

Shaman Nate - shaman Nate wins too powerful

Uber Cable - God like cable too powerful for mag.

Silver Surfer - this guy is beyond magneto

I agree with this list.

I will say that Magneto has a good chance against the Nates, however. This depends on how well-developed the reality-control aspect of his power is. If he really develops it over the next few issues, I'd put him above the Nates. If not, then just below them is good.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 07:49 PM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

People Magneto holding back, don't you see what is Marvel always coming with something, never wanted to use tru potentail, writer many time did make Magento using whis full potetina, they didn't have in mind they will make now new Magneto, just they cam up with, and beore they didn't even know they will come up with that, so we can say he was using his full potential before, now they only made a new thing. It was rumored that Marvel wanted to upgade Apocalypse in force of nature (with some explanation and that he was holding his back always and that is why they never revelad full scope of Apocalypse powers, cause they wanted to upgared hin and reveal his true nature reveal his true full powers) , making him powerful easily in cosmic clas as Galactus. Marvel is just shit now, they are so confused and have weak imagiantion..

Last edited by Xplosive on Mar 30th, 2005 at 08:13 PM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 08:09 PM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

I didn't find anything about this God-like Magneto

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 08:13 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 08:17 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lightaxe
axe man numero uno

Wow blackholes, thats amazing how many new powers he has at full potential now. I agree with the list that kgkg made earlier on the outcomes of the fights.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 08:24 PM
lightaxe is currently offline Click here to Send lightaxe a Private Message Find more posts by lightaxe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

In the end they will probably make Magento new powers to disaper and ... it will be the same.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 08:41 PM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Originally posted by lightaxe
Wow blackholes, thats amazing how many new powers he has at full potential now. I agree with the list that kgkg made earlier on the outcomes of the fights.

Beast was right when he said that magnetism is a fundmental physical force - with it, you can really control the atomic structure of EVERYTHING. There's really nothing you can't do. With it, you can simulate magic, telepathy, telekinesis, teleport, bend space and time, whatever you want.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 08:43 PM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by demigawd
Beast was right when he said that magnetism is a fundmental physical force - with it, you can really control the atomic structure of EVERYTHING. There's really nothing you can't do. With it, you can simulate magic, telepathy, telekinesis, teleport, bend space and time, whatever you want.

Like I said, they always came up with something, and like I said, writers already thought Magneto was using his full potetinal before, they always come up with something. First it was Phoenix the most powerful entity ever, than it Livning Tribnal, it's always something new, Marvel has become real weak. Beast was right when he said that magnetism is a fundmental physical force - with it, you can really control the atomic structure of EVERYTHING, it's right, but creatro never made Magneto so powerful that he could create a new thigns, now they made a new thing. It is said his power are not big as Silver Surfer, but now they would reveal he is, they always chang their mind.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 08:53 PM