KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Can the religous even call themselves "christian" anymore?

Can the religous even call themselves "christian" anymore?
Started by: Ronny

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ronny
Love is Blindness

Can the religous even call themselves "christian" anymore?

Alright just to start off, yes I know there is a religion forum, and yes I ment to post this in the off topic form because it is going to be very off topic.

Alright so I was thinking that all these people that go to chruch every sunday and read their bible and shit dont have the right to call theirselves christian or catholic or jewish or any of that because in the beggining of the faith the "rules" and rubbish are all strict and cant fit into modern society. So now they made the rules more like guidelines.

It kind of pisses me off, I'm not very religous at all so I dont really have a place in this discussion according to most but if people are going to walk around calling themselves good catholics and then ****ing hookers and cursing at their kids it really takes away from the religon... It seems to me that they only become christian of cathoic or whatnot when they are in the company of their fellows or at church.

I think we should get rid of the word Religon and make it Theory. it not that hard... I dont call myself a scientologist because I dont bend to every curve of the practice but I believe in the theory. Why cant Christians say "I dont stab out my eye when I see nekkid chicks that arent my wife, and I have sex for pleasure, but I believe in the theory of God and Jesus"

It just seems more convincing to me...

"After coming into contact with a religious man
I always feel I must wash my hands."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 04:38 PM
Ronny is currently offline Click here to Send Ronny a Private Message Find more posts by Ronny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bloigen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Can the religous even call themselves "christian" anymore?

Only one smilie can describe this.
And that is....

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: You were adopted.

Last edited by Bloigen on Jun 20th, 2006 at 05:15 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 05:06 PM
Bloigen is currently offline Click here to Send Bloigen a Private Message Find more posts by Bloigen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ronny
Alright just to start off, yes I know there is a religion forum, and yes I ment to post this in the off topic form because it is going to be very off topic.

Alright so I was thinking that all these people that go to chruch every sunday and read their bible and shit dont have the right to call theirselves christian or catholic or jewish or any of that because in the beggining of the faith the "rules" and rubbish are all strict and cant fit into modern society. So now they made the rules more like guidelines.

It kind of pisses me off, I'm not very religous at all so I dont really have a place in this discussion according to most but if people are going to walk around calling themselves good catholics and then ****ing hookers and cursing at their kids it really takes away from the religon... It seems to me that they only become christian of cathoic or whatnot when they are in the company of their fellows or at church.

I think we should get rid of the word Religon and make it Theory. it not that hard... I dont call myself a scientologist because I dont bend to every curve of the practice but I believe in the theory. Why cant Christians say "I dont stab out my eye when I see nekkid chicks that arent my wife, and I have sex for pleasure, but I believe in the theory of God and Jesus"

Question

Are you coming on to me?

One little spark...

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 05:07 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

Re: Can the religous even call themselves "christian" anymore?

bla bla bla bla bla....

Well I have an answer for your question:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: We have a religion forum

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 05:11 PM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bloigen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 05:14 PM
Bloigen is currently offline Click here to Send Bloigen a Private Message Find more posts by Bloigen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

Originally posted by Bloigen

(please log in to view the image)

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 05:18 PM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.J
Restricted

Account Restricted

moved

Sig by Leo.M

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 05:20 PM
A.J is currently offline Click here to Send A.J a Private Message Find more posts by A.J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bloigen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TOH

A.J
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TOH

Sig by Leo.M

A.J is currently offline Click here to Send A.J a Private Message Find more posts by A.J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bloigen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by A.J

You can only do that in response to an "O Rly?" picture. erm

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 05:24 PM
A.J
Restricted

Account Restricted

i couldnt find one embarrasment

Sig by Leo.M

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 05:27 PM
Ax3l
Dream Finder

One little spark...

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 05:27 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.J
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sig by Leo.M

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 05:30 PM
Ronny
Love is Blindness

Originally posted by Pink Maynard
Question

Are you coming on to me?
Yes that is exactly it blink

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 05:31 PM
Ronny is currently offline Click here to Send Ronny a Private Message Find more posts by Ronny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bloigen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Pink Maynard

yes

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 05:33 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

if you believe in crap that makes no sense to anyone else but your kind, you're religious.

I mean come on, Jesus coming back from the dead for us because he loves us, that's fine but, everyone else thinks you're a ****ing moron.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 05:37 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

You can believe in God and even Jesus without being christian or religious. God isn't an exclusively religious idea, I know many people who believe in God but do so in their own way.

They do what they want, live how they want, because that's what it's about. The only time the rules came in was when people figured out they could make profit (be it monetarily or otherwise) from it. The message that all religions more or less pass off is that you should look out for your brother, your fellow man and unconditional love for all beings.

So the answer is yes. Though you shouldn't act like you follow doctrine if you are picking and choosing what "rules" to follow.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 06:25 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ronny
Love is Blindness

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
You can believe in God and even Jesus without being christian or religious. God isn't an exclusively religious idea, I know many people who believe in God but do so in their own way.

They do what they want, live how they want, because that's what it's about. The only time the rules came in was when people figured out they could make profit (be it monetarily or otherwise) from it. The message that all religions more or less pass off is that you should look out for your brother, your fellow man and unconditional love for all beings.

So the answer is yes. Though you shouldn't act like you follow doctrine if you are picking and choosing what "rules" to follow.

-AC
thats exactly what I mean.. but should you be able to call yourself christian if you dont follow the religon and you just belive in god

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 06:34 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

for all you non-brits,

The United Kingdom has one of the lowest levels of worship in the world, with less than 8% of people actually attending any form of worship on a regular basis (of whom the majority are of middle-aged and older generations).

suck on that stick out tongue

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 06:35 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.J
Restricted

Account Restricted

im not bothered i believe in god and he is my god but i dont worshp him, in fact ive onlt reserntly started beleiving

Sig by Leo.M

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 06:37 PM