KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: Laminator_X VS Roldz (Vote Now!)

EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: Laminator_X VS Roldz (Vote Now!)
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evangel94
Premium Member

EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: Laminator_X VS Roldz (Vote Now!)

Laminator_X

Herald Level:
Baron Mordo http://www.marvel.com/universe/Baron_Mordo

Enhanced-Meta Level:
The Super-Skrull http://www.marvel.com/universe/Super-Skrull
Temugin http://www.leaderslair.com/marvelvillains/temugin.html

Meta Level:
Fixer http://www.geocities.com/marvel_terror/fixer/fixer.html
Ecstasy http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...s/e/ecstasy.htm

Street Level:.
Deadshot http://www.angelfire.com/ar/hellUSA/Deadshot.htm
Ra's al Ghul http://www.legionsofgotham.org/BIOSrasalghul.html

VS

Roldz

Herald level
Superman Red/Blue - http://www.supermanhomepage.com/com...omics-new_supes

Enhanced Meta Level
Dane - http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/d/dane.htm
Grail - http://www.answers.com/topic/grail-wildstorm

Meta
Backlash - http://www.answers.com/topic/backlash-wildstorm
Havok - http://www.marvel.com/universe/Havok

Street
Iron Fist - http://www.marvel.com/universe/Iron...28Danny_Rand%29
Zealot - http://www.answers.com/topic/zealot-wildstorm

The location is a swamp. Standard size of 10 square miles. Ceiling limit is the top of the planet's atmosphere.

Competitors will post their own write-ups.

Good luck to both competitors. Now let the match begin.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Dec 26th, 2006 at 09:44 PM

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 09:37 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Is that 10 miles by 10 miles ... or 3.16(something) by 3.16(something) miles?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 10:13 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

FYI:
As said before in my previous match up most of my chars. have work before, so team work is A class..
Couldnt say desame to Laminator_X teams, members of his teams are egotistical wants what plans for himself, They would spend most of this fight bickering/fighting each other, divided attention to the actual fight at hand. So teamwork will be mostly likely at below 50%..

PREP:
Dane summons his symbiote and mindlink everyone, they now privy to each others taught while BSupes manipulate kinetic energy to form great cyclones storms just before the barrier that divides the teams and with the swamps waters it now becomes huge hurricanes storms not to mention the thunder and lightings, he then proceeds to use geo energy to raise land masses just before those storms, creating great walls of rock in the area. Grail also scans the battle field for life energies and since the team links to everyone they now know the locals... Dane/BSupes w/ Havok sets up and waits at the tallest rock walls waiting for the go, Zealot/Backlash/Ironfist also waits in another rock formation, Grail in the air...

FIGHT:
Spectral vision from BSupes should locate Temugin and his complete control of the kinetic vortex Hurricane storms he makes an opening for Havoks blast to go through, Seing from the eyes of BSupes Havoks snipes Temugin taking him out of the fight, Havok is quite capable of this long distance focus blast...
2nd wave of attack Grail scans for locals close to the opposing team, Dane being a telepath controls this locals mostly poisonous snakes and crocks to attack them.. Main target would be Ecstacy, this attack would completly caught them unaware the target would fall from the poisonous bites and those crocks would create havok on the team..
A good time for the 3rd wave to commence, BSupes scans the area through spectral vision for any unusual/normal energy readings but mostly looking for traps setup by the opposing team.. He w/ Grail us a backup moves the kinetic vortex storm toward the opponent, any construct they build short of under tunnel gets destroyed not to mention the team gets shredded by those winds and tidal waves cause by BSupes geo energy focus on the ground prior to moving the Vortex, at BSupes will, he takes out the kinetic energies from the vortex dissipating the storm tons of water would drop on lams team causing massive flooding. Anyone surviving that attack gets taken care off by the locals at Danes command, + Havoks sniped barrage blast, Supes/ Grail blast... Still anybody surviving after that gets hunted by all my teams..
Thats it for now...

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 10:19 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless
Is that 10 miles by 10 miles ... or 3.16(something) by 3.16(something) miles?

I've got my openning moves ready, but I need to have this cleared up, as several of my tactics involve distance and visability.

"Ten miles square" is 100 square miles, not the same thing as "Ten square miles." I've already had to revise once as what I submitted to Evangel94 earlier assumed the thousands of square miles the other recent matches had entailed.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 10:52 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Ohh by the way my write is speculated at 10X10 mile radius...

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 11:17 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by Scoobless
3.16(something) by 3.16(something) miles?

Yes. The total battlefield size is 10 square miles. Which is 3.16227766 miles squared.

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 11:34 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Ohh thats even smaller than what i had thought..

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 11:39 PM
Laminator_X

Originally posted by Evangel94

The battlefield changes time of day/climate/location for every battle, but remains a constant 100 square miles

(I changed it from 10 miles to 100 miles)

The "standard" size has not been 10 square miles since before we even started having matches. I'm ready to go on a 10x10 battlefield but will need a totally different strategy if our groups are only starting less than two miles apart.

Since Rollz was prepping for 10x10 also, and it would be unfair for me to retool after having seen his opening, might I request that we go with 10x10?

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 11:47 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by Laminator_X

Since Rollz was prepping for 10x10 also, and it would be unfair for me to retool after having seen his opening, might I request that we go with 10x10?

Fine, the battlefield is 10x10 miles then.

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 11:51 PM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

smaller better for my plans to work dough, but really dont matter as i said i thought it was 10X10 mile, up to our host...

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 11:53 PM
Laminator_X

Given the huge, difficult to traverse battlefield, we're going to win by playing the long game. This match is going to be won not simply with power and tactics, but with overall strategy. We're going to take advantage of superior mobility, intelligence/reconnaissance, and ability to adapt in the field to take the opposition apart piece by piece; and here's how were going to do it.

For starters, we've got excellent intel on Superman Blue thanks to Ra's al Ghul having stolen Batman's intel on his fellow Justice Leaguers. The Fixer also has basic info from Avengers and SHIELD files on Havok and Iron-Fist. Since we've got no knowledge about the Wildstorm characters, we're being extra cautious and paranoid. Also, unlike what we've seen attempted in other match-preps, the Fixer actually can fabricate small gizmos in the field in almost no time, especially with Temugin assisting by refining minerals from the sill and plants when needed.

For the first half-hour, Mordo, and Temugin will make a fox-hole/base 3.5 miles in and a 1.5 miles off-center of our side while Ecstasy, Super-Skrull and Dead-Shot perform long, medium, and short range (respectively) reconnaissance of our surroundings. Not a miles-of rock bunker this time, just a defensible spot with a couple of escape exits, far enough underground to be reasonably safe, dry, and warm. Mordo will use magic to make it comfortable/clean, fresh, lit,etc. Fixer will swamp-proof everyone's equipment and clothing so that we'll be able to operate effectively in the muck.

Second half-hour, we acclimate. and Temugin will extract pure water for our stores, while Mordo channels the power of the Snake-demon Sliggith to create a talisman that allows the bearer to move through the swamp-muck as though it were dry land. Fixer will quick-fab some small, but high-powered transmitters and have Ecstasy place them strategically around an area about 2 miles inside our side of the barrier.

Next half hour we deal with obfuscation. Mordo weave a spell to make our base imperceptible to outsiders. Not invisibility exactly, but the sort of magic we've all seen where no one who means us harm can be aware of it's presence.

Fixer will be making gadgets.
Fixer makes Zemo's Telepathy shields for everyone but Mordo (who is already far better protected on his own, Strange could never just reach out and find Mordo by his thoughts), and modified image inducers for himself, Deadshot and Ra's al-Ghul that allow them to blend into the swamp via holographic camouflage. Adding a uv-laser and optics to Deadshot's arsenal finishes out his time.

During this time, Super-Skrull and Exstasy are practicing coordinated arial maneuvers.

Last half-hour of prep-time: Super-Skrull and Ecstasy move in to position at where the transmitters were earlier set-up (2 miles in , our side). Mordo creates a scrying pool back at the base so that he, and the others can observe and reinforce as necessary. Fixer works on making radios and remote sensor drones for later deployment. Just before Ecstasy and dematerializes vanishes the barrier comes down.

Openning Move: Super-Scrull blazes into the sky like the big target that he is in order to draw out Superman Blue (Ra's is gambling that none of the unknowns on the other side can match Blue's speed). When he comes streaking in to clobber the Super-Skrull, his energy presence will trip the Fixer's transmitters into action. They begin transmitting a bunch of crazy psychedelic interference and noise patterns in spectrums that none of us can see but Blue can causing confusion and distraction. Supes'll probably bet one hit in on Super Skrull, but Kl'rt's ready for it (thanks to Ra's al Ghul's briefing) so he wont be taken out instantly (forcefield +high durability).

Suddenly, as he's focussing his attention on the Super-Skrull amid all the distracting signals (which he would soon drain away if he got the chance) Blue will get sucked into Ecstasy's darkness. Taking in a living energy being will overload the Thing in the Dark (just like we saw in the most recent issue of Union Jack), resulting in Clark Kent and a naked French babe both powerless and falling from a great height. Kl'rt was ready for this and dispatches Kent with an invisible smack rescues his falling teammate. (If things don't go according to plan here, Mordo is watching and waiting, ready to reinforce at any time. The Crimson Bands of Cytorrak would slow blue down enough for Extasy to catch him))

The Super-Skrull switches to shapeshift-wings for flight and invisibly returns his comrade to base. She's powerless for the rest of the match, but my knight just captured Roldz's queen.

We now have my team safely back at their hidden HQ sending out sensors and scrying to observe/find out opponents and prepare further ambushes.

More to come once we assess the other side. evil face

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 12:00 AM
Laminator_X

Alright!

I'll now address Roldz post in order.

First, the teamwork angle. Everyone saw in the writeup for my last match how my group was able to work effectively as a team. If there're any doubts I can repost some of that here. Everyone forgets that Super-Skrull was the greatest soldier in the Skrull empire before he was Super-anything. He'd only be a problem if he wasn't shown proper respect. The only one who might have a problem with that is Mordo, and once again Ra's plans don't put them working in close proximity much.

The storm idea is a good one, however we're not going to be standing around to be hit by it. Roldz's plan only changes mine in one respect: we won't need to bait Superman Blue, he's kind enough to make his location obvious. evil face The vortex won't impede Ecstacy in the least, and now Kl'rt doesn't even have to get blasted for us to dazzle and bag Big Blue.

As for the rest of Rollz strategies, they either assume that we're starting within easy range of his attacks, that we're easily spottable, or that his storm would be anything more than an inconvenience to my team. None of those assumptions are valid

With Blue off the field, the storm will soon dissapate and the hunt will begin in earnest.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 12:18 AM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Where would they find the materials for these equipment? I would like to see the extent of Temugin matter manipulation, just because his got a ring which is capable of manipulting matter does not mean his got the skills to work it specially if its complicated compounds.. A scan or a link of some sort would help..
SuperSkrull would'nt even gets close to me because of those kinetic Vortex storm, hed get battered before reaching BSupes..
Same with Ecstacy, we know your movement via spectral vision or Grails energy sight, they'd be target practice for my energy blasting chars..
Those psychedilic watchmacall it godget dont say why it would work.. Is it supposed to hypnotize BSupes, just don get that..
Again my chars can see to all energy spectrums anything usual they could detect..

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 12:26 AM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

My plan comes in wave, if you see it where not moving one bit where using our sourrounding to attack you, your not getting anywhere close to my chars cause of Kinetic vortex, your hologram and camoufludge would matter easyly spotted by my team, we got energy readers any equipment emits radiation Grail or Supe see those... your forgeting those poisonous snakes and crocks attacking you.. not to mention ive got a handy sniper in my team..

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 12:35 AM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

quote:
As for the rest of Rollz strategies, they either assume that we're starting within easy range of his attacks, that we're easily spottable, or that his storm would be anything more than an inconvenience to my team. None of those assumptions are valid

My plans doesnt matter if your far or not, 1st i can easyly control the storms to move anywhere i want, Danes TP is long distance easyly affects 10X10 radius, my plans will work no matter how far you are..

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 12:42 AM
Evangel94
Premium Member

I'd like to remind everyone that this match will last only one day.

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 01:04 AM
Laminator_X

Originally posted by Roldz
Where would they find the materials for these equipment? I would like to see the extent of Temugin matter manipulation, just because his got a ring which is capable of manipulting matter does not mean his got the skills to work it specially if its complicated compounds.. A scan or a link of some sort would help..

Here you go. Some of these feats would be over Temugin's head, as he's not as experienced as his father. However simply gathering raw materials is hardly difficult, especially as he can use the Mento Intensifier to peer into Fixer's mind for guidance.

SuperSkrull would'nt even gets close to me because of those kinetic Vortex storm, hed get battered before reaching BSupes..
Same with Ecstacy, we know your movement via spectral vision or Grails energy sight, they'd be target practice for my energy blasting chars..

Super-Skrull is merely the feint. Ecstasy puts him away. As an intangible teleporter there're no "movements" to track, and neither your storm nor your blasters will do a thing to slow her down.

Those psychedilic watchmacall it godget dont say why it would work.. Is it supposed to hypnotize BSupes, just don get that..
Again my chars can see to all energy spectrums anything usual they could detect..

That's exactly why they'll work. It's blinding flashes, tv static, crazy wave patterns, and other assorted chaos outside the usual visual spectra bands. Those of us who don't have spectrum vision or energy sight (we didn't know about Grail, we were sandbagging Blue Supes) won't see a thing. For your guys though, the effect will be momentarily distracting/confusing (much like you were confused just now wink ). That moment is all it takes for Ecstasy to nab the big man.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 01:15 AM
Laminator_X

My plans doesnt matter if your far or not, 1st i can easyly control the storms to move anywhere i want, Danes TP is long distance easyly affects 10X10 radius, my plans will work no matter how far you are..

The storms'll dissapate once Supes is off the field. As far as Dane spotting us with his telepathy, we've got personal screens in place, and most of the team are hidden by Mordo's magic as well. The latter will foil all of your clever detection methods.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 01:21 AM
Laminator_X

My plan comes in wave, if you see it where not moving one bit where using our sourrounding to attack you, your not getting anywhere close to my chars cause of Kinetic vortex, your hologram and camoufludge would matter easyly spotted by my team, we got energy readers any equipment emits radiation Grail or Supe see those... your forgeting those poisonous snakes and crocks attacking you.. not to mention ive got a handy sniper in my team..

The cammo's not being deployed until after your energy foolishness is gone. We'll learn all about your team via magic before we take begin to move openly again. Snakes and gators wouldn't be a threat to most of us even if we were open to that sort of attack. laughing

After the opening move against Blue, we're hanging back and feeling your team out via scrying and Fixer's remote sensors. Before we emerge, we'll have had time to formulate further plans with knowledge of your unfamiliar characters' capabilities and movements.

I'll post some later tonight.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 01:33 AM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

quote:
Here you go. Some of these feats would be over Temugin's head, as he's not as experienced as his father. However simply gathering raw materials is hardly difficult, especially as he can use the Mento Intensifier to peer into Fixer's mind for guidance.

Actually gathering material is far more difficult your breakin chemical compounds/atoms and rearranging it w/out some form of awareness its highly impossible to do so.. Theres also a 20min charge after using each ring, theres no way this can be acomplish in 2hrs prep..

quote:
Super-Skrull is merely the feint. Ecstasy puts him away. As an intangible teleporter there're no "movements" to track, and neither your storm nor your blasters will do a thing to slow her down.

The problem with this attack is how can you catch one who can turn intangible, +bfr is not allowed under those cloak is a diff. dimension it'd exactly a BFR attack.. As i said before she'd be target for my blasters..

quote:
That's exactly why they'll work. It's blinding flashes, tv static, crazy wave patterns, and other assorted chaos outside the usual visual spectra bands. Those of us who don't have spectrum vision or energy sight (we didn't know about Grail, we were sandbagging Blue Supes) won't see a thing. For your guys though, the effect will be momentarily distracting/confusing (much like you were confused just now ). That moment is all it takes for Ecstasy to nab the big man.

I still dont see it working, how are they supposed to cause chaos to him, + its his choice to see which spectrum he wants, he can shunt him off if he want, Grail can also emits comp wave protecting themselves and trace the source from there Dane can attack em using locals with Grail or move the vortex there.. taking everyone out..
http://img123.imageshack.us/my.php?...mpwave37vo0.jpg

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 01:38 AM