KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Whisper in the Wind

Whisper in the Wind
Started by: ewalklover

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emmy-xo
Emzilbooger

Whisper in the Wind

So, this is my story. I'm going to call it, "Whisper in the Wind" for now, but I might change it, so if I do, I'll let you know.Please post your comments...critism too...I can take it, and hopefully it'll help make my story better. So I guess, here's the epilogue and the first chapter. Enjoy!

Epilogue:

“Help!”

I rolled over in my bed, covering my head with my pillow, trying to block out the sounds of the stupid teenagers in the field behind my house.

“Help!” I heard again, ignoring the screams.

Was I being stupid? Should I be making sure nothing bad is happening? Never mind, I told myself, staring at the wall. Someone else would call the police.

“Help!” I heard one last time, and then it was silent.

Silent like when you’re dead. No sounds…nothing can be heard, and no one can wake you.

Chapter One:
Fade

Birds chirping.

The roars of cars zooming down the street.

The wind blowing the leaves of the trees.

My eyes opened, and I stared at the same pale-pink wall I had been staring at for the past two days. I looked at my alarm clock. 7:23. I pulled back my covers, wincing when my bare feet touched the cold hardwood floor.

Pulling on my slippers, I tiptoed down the hall. As I passed my sister’s bedroom, I noticed that the door was open a crack. I pushed it open even further and peered into the room. I stared at the lilac-purple walls, the photos that hung from them, and then at the bed. She wasn’t in her bed. Of course she wasn’t.

It took me a minute to remember that she was gone. Gone like silence. There one minute, and gone the next. She would never again lie in that bed. Never again walk on the floor. Never again open those drawers. Never again look out that window. Never again be there when I got home from school.

I walked into her room, my hand brushing the dresser as I passed it. I lay down on the bed, my eyes filling with tears. I rested my head on her fluffy pillow.

CRUNCH.

I lifted my head. Curiously, I pulled back the pillow, revealing a paper bag. Picking it up, I looked at it. It was crumpled, with a small rip in the side. It was slightly heavy. I knew she hadn’t done drugs, so it wasn’t that. I lifted back the flap, my heart beating faster.

I stopped.

Closed my eyes.

And put the bag back under the pillow.

I couldn’t bring myself to open it. I wasn’t ready yet, wasn’t over the fact that she was gone. I replaced the pillow, getting up and fixing the bed just like it was—all neatly made. I walked out of the room, wiping the tears that stained my face, and shutting the door quietly.

How could I have been so stupid? To let those screams just fade away into the night…
Kinda a short first chapter, but please post your comments. Thanks!

Old Post Apr 27th, 2006 12:48 AM
Emmy-xo is currently offline Click here to Send Emmy-xo a Private Message Find more posts by Emmy-xo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlkalineTrioRox
Forever Laughing

OMG! IT'S AWESOME! I HAVE NO CRITICISM!!! PLEASE WRITE MORE!!! ....i write too, but it don't turn out that good...sad p.s...i love ur sig.!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2006 10:34 PM
AlkalineTrioRox is currently offline Click here to Send AlkalineTrioRox a Private Message Find more posts by AlkalineTrioRox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote