KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » What goes around, comes around.

What goes around, comes around.
Started by: Mindship

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindship
Snap out of it.

What goes around, comes around.

Does it?

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 04:35 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

Yes

"You will too eventually be part of my collection"

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 04:52 PM
Nozdormu is currently offline Click here to Send Nozdormu a Private Message Find more posts by Nozdormu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

The law of cause and effect. Every time we do something, we create a cause, which in time will bear its corresponding effects.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 05:47 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

Doesn't seem to apply to all. Nice people often do not get it back around that same way.

My life is a prime example LOL

My YouTube Channel

Random Thoughts Blog *Actually being updated now*

Poetry Blog

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 06:31 PM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Who else?
Who knows?

Absolutely.

My friend committed armed robbery and 2 days later he got robed and beat.

Also, I stole a a handful of Penny candy from a store, but got locked out of my house.

It's like, when most people do bad stuff, they get it back some day, for me, it's instantly. But the good stuff I do never comes back around when I need it.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 08:09 PM
Who else? is currently offline Click here to Send Who else? a Private Message Find more posts by Who else? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Is there really an objective 'cause and effect' relationship between otherwise seemingly separate events, or is WhaGACA subjective? That is, do we impose the connections because humans naturally impose patterns on things?

Is there some aspect of a self-fulfilling prophecy?

Is there some combination of the above?

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 08:44 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordFear

Definately. SOme call it karma or destiny or God. I call it Universal balance. This principle can be seen all the time

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 10:33 PM
LordFear is currently offline Click here to Send LordFear a Private Message Find more posts by LordFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

I'm not going to agree with that neccesairly.

Anyone notice how no one's examples are about someone doing good and it coming back to them?

My YouTube Channel

Poetry Blog

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 11:05 PM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordFear

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chithappens
I'm not going to agree with that neccesairly.

Anyone notice how no one's examples are about someone doing good and it coming back to them?

this is how the universe stays balanced, my friend

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 11:11 PM
LordFear is currently offline Click here to Send LordFear a Private Message Find more posts by LordFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

And yet you gave no good examples. If someone, for example, stays humble for life then when someone does them wrong them they are to turn the other cheek, but when something "good" happens to them then they are being rewarded.

Very convenient metaphysical explanation.

My YouTube Channel

Poetry Blog

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 11:20 PM
LordFear

And yet you gave no good examples. If someone, for example, stays humble for life then when someone does them wrong them they are to turn the other cheek, but when something "good" happens to them then they are being rewarded.

Very convenient metaphysical explanation.

it applies in both ways sir. I don't understand why you are being biased to this notion?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 11:36 PM
chithappens

Because you can't prove it. Never said it's totally invalid. But you have to be able to say it goes for all at all times, on a universal level. Nothing metaphysical can be totally proven. "Bad" things happen to people but not because people do bad things necessarily. Good things happen, bad things happen; doesn't make them related.

My YouTube Channel

Poetry Blog

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 11:40 PM
Regret
One Among Many

Because you can't prove it. Never said it's totally invalid. But you have to be able to say it goes for all at all times, on a universal level. Nothing metaphysical can be totally proven. "Bad" things happen to people but not because people do bad things necessarily. Good things happen, bad things happen; doesn't make them related.
Humility results in less conflict. Thus humble behavior has lowered conflict returned. A person entertains, gives gratification to his audience, and is rewarded with fame and compensation. A person does a good deed, and feels good. A person provides wisdom when such is requested and is viewed as wise. There are plenty of examples of "good" receiving in kind.

Robbin' from the rich to give to themselves

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 06:56 PM
Regret is currently offline Click here to Send Regret a Private Message Find more posts by Regret Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

Originally posted by Regret
Humility results in less conflict. Thus humble behavior has lowered conflict returned. A person entertains, gives gratification to his audience, and is rewarded with fame and compensation. A person does a good deed, and feels good. A person provides wisdom when such is requested and is viewed as wise. There are plenty of examples of "good" receiving in kind.

Again, this is not universal.

Humility results in less conflict at times among individuals, but certainly not every single time and not even often because people tend to be assholes when it comes to conflict (as seen through this board, people lately can't even have simple convo without insulting each other.) Actually, I've seen humility make shit worse because the person who is mad thinks the person they are mad at is trying to imply that they are "better" than them. People are silly LOL.

A person who goes to Los Hollywood in hopes of making it big does not make it. That is the exception to the rule.

A person does a "good deed" and feels good. This is subjective and while I do agree with the statement, the idea of a "good deed" is what makes this troublesome from point of morality. Again, this has nothing to do with the "universe" and more about how an individual decides he/she will feel.

A person providing wisdom is subjective in the same sense. If my father says "Son, you should go to college so you can make money and have your pickings from women!" is that wisdom? Some might call it such but it's not all would agree that this is wisdom or a "good deed" since it might cause me to become a womanizer (one will take it as either "i can pick for women for a wife" or "i can just pick through women"; most of the time its the later).

I'm not trying to be an ass, but it's just not that simple. People tend to try to find one answer that can cover all basis for all people, but it just does not work that way. I like the principle of the universe but in application, it is not so black and white. I think it's a good thing to tell people. There are a few holes in the concept, but I like the intent of it. stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 07:53 PM
Bardock42

No.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 09:42 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

If this was the case then childern wouldnt be killed or harmed. The fact of the matter is that bad things happen to goog people as well. Of course I think it helps to be honest rather than decietful because if you go around cheating and stealing you tend to piss people off.

I think its true to an extent.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 10:36 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

Originally posted by Alfheim
If this was the case then childern wouldnt be killed or harmed. The fact of the matter is that bad things happen to goog people as well. Of course I think it helps to be honest rather than decietful because if you go around cheating and stealing you tend to piss people off.

I think its true to an extent.

But that's not the universe though. If you don't go around stealing and cheating, more often than not, you are not around cheating people. Automatically you are at a better chance not to do such things. Not trying to run you in the ground, but trying to make the point that this can not be really applied in any situation.

I don't think it's "true." It's a nice standard to live by. It can be applied universally no where sadly. If shit worked that way I would be rich and hell probably, at least in comparison to those around me stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 02:57 PM
chithappens

Originally posted by Bardock42
No.

Why do you do that? No one even knows what this is for. Please at least add a little more

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 02:57 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav

Originally posted by King Nothing
Absolutely.

My friend committed armed robbery and 2 days later he got robed and beat.

Also, I stole a a handful of Penny candy from a store, but got locked out of my house.

It's like, when most people do bad stuff, they get it back some day, for me, it's instantly. But the good stuff I do never comes back around when I need it.

Maybe being good is its own reward.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 03:31 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Maybe being good is its own reward.

I like that answer. Stick to what you believe. May not "reward" necessarily but it's a good thing to stick 2.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 03:34 PM