KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The Most Under-Written Character In Comics

The Most Under-Written Character In Comics
Started by: Galan777

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The Most Under-Written Character In Comics

In your oppinion, what character in all of comics has had the potential to be an awesome character, and display amazing feats, but has never reached that potential due to poor writing?

My personal picks are:

Sentry
Rhino
Absorbing Man

All of them have awesome potential, but the writers have yet to tap into it.

What do you think?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 06:14 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

I don't know if Absorbing Man is "underwritten", because he can dish out a lot of damage. He has been a worthy sparring partner for Thor and Hulk.

And for erm Speedball... confused

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 06:28 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

Well probably in DC I'd say...Darkseid...I mean Supes can just beat him up...Naaahhh that ain't right...

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 06:29 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

but Absorbing Man could be sooo much better the how he has been written, he has alot of potential IMO

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 06:29 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rewmac
Well probably in DC I'd say...Darkseid...I mean Supes can just beat him up...Naaahhh that ain't right...
yeah, i could agree /w/ that

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 06:32 PM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Most underwritten, Ive got to say Glads/Terrax...
Glads could punch an asteroid the size of planet/ major durability/ speed.. yet he falls to the majority of X-mutants...
Terrax has powers to control the earth/land itself, I forgut the limit of how far reaching it is and to top it up his possess of the Power Cosmic..

My Artwork

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 06:42 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

very true!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 06:43 PM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Yeah id like to see those 2 written again the way they first appeared feared and reveared...

My Artwork

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 06:47 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Roldz
Yeah id like to see those 2 written again the way they first appeared feared and reveared...
Yeah Im mean even though im gonna buy the new UXM to see Glads get beat. I do not agree that a mutant should be the one who beats him.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 06:49 PM
Sirius77

I think that Amazo is VERY underwritten. All he has to do is look at a sperpowered being and he will automatically be able to copy their powers. I'm not sure that there is a catch to this, but with so many superheroes, it makes sense that he should be one of the most powerful characters in the DC Universe.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 05:59 AM
Sirius77 is currently offline Click here to Send Sirius77 a Private Message Find more posts by Sirius77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by Sirius77
I think that Amazo is VERY underwritten. All he has to do is look at a sperpowered being and he will automatically be able to copy their powers. I'm not sure that there is a catch to this, but with so many superheroes, it makes sense that he should be one of the most powerful characters in the DC Universe.
He is. But remember theirs more than one Amazo robot.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 06:02 AM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sirius77

Oh, how many are there?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 06:06 AM
Sirius77 is currently offline Click here to Send Sirius77 a Private Message Find more posts by Sirius77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by Roldz
Most underwritten, Ive got to say Glads/Terrax...
Glads could punch an asteroid the size of planet/ major durability/ speed.. yet he falls to the majority of X-mutants...
Terrax has powers to control the earth/land itself, I forgut the limit of how far reaching it is and to top it up his possess of the Power Cosmic..

Nah, Terrax has always been a chump erm

the only kind of cool thing he has ever done is frozen Doom's armor using his geo-morph powers

Its funny because he's actually more powerful without the cosmic powers than with them laughing

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 06:21 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

A lot of people will probably go off on me for this but i think it was Ben Reilly, yes Spiderman's clone. He was a awesome idea, imagine one day you wake up and find out your nothing more than a reflection of someone else and nothing is really yours. Not your memories, not your family, not the woman you love, not your child, nothing.

Ben Reilly could have been an awesome character if he had been written better, hell i know everyone hates him but i even liked him alittle the way he was. Not allot but alittle. Imagine if he had took off with Gwen's clone, then years later a blond kid with peters powers shows up in the same fights as peters daughter and they find out hes Clone Ben and Gwen's son. Kinda like May's half cousin/brother.

Screw what others think I'm going with The Scarlet Spider!

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 06:37 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by Sirius77
Oh, how many are there?
Not sure exactly but their are several. Thats why their at such different levels of strength. Thats why Batman was able to deal with one version while the other basically took out most of the JLA.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 07:10 AM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I take it you mean underwritten as in powerset, and not the execution of the character?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 10:20 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

It's obvious that Wolverine is the most underwritten character of all time... wait...

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 10:23 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

spiderman is quite poorly written (getting beat by people who are not even superhuman), rhino is very poorly written a class 80 that can't beat up anyone , sentry has a lot of potential yet his official stats look wrong , gladiator is very poorly written .........move planets , yet he gets punked on a regualr basis

dc have a few ,martain manhunter and captain marvel are examples

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 11:04 AM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

The One Above All is underwritten, hahahahaha!!1!

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 11:28 AM
Dinalfos is currently offline Click here to Send Dinalfos a Private Message Find more posts by Dinalfos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Do I really have to say it? no expression

CAPTAIN ATOM!!!

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 03:32 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote