KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Should Mod's have to explain bans

Should they?
This poll is closed.
Yes 17 54.84%
No 14 45.16%
Total: 31 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Should Mod's have to explain bans
Started by: {{QS}}

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
{{QS}}
Used to be quickshot

Should Mod's have to explain bans

Should they have to give better explanations of why some-one is banned than "Sock" or "Provoking members knowingly"

Free to wreak havoc

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 04:33 PM
{{QS}} is currently offline Click here to Send {{QS}} a Private Message Find more posts by {{QS}} Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by {{QS}}
Should they have to give better explanations of why some-one is banned than "Sock" or "Provoking members knowingly"

No, it's usually public knowledge who they were a sock of (members usually guess it first) and if they were provoking members then it is on the open forums (PM's are usually a safe zone), just check their final posts and you will see the provoking.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 05:02 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Isn't the reason for the ban at the bottom of the persons profile?

Or has that stopped ?

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 05:15 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Shush Eclipso... You need no further explination.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 05:17 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by T.M
Isn't the reason for the ban at the bottom of the persons profile?

Or has that stopped ?

What he means is that he thinks the mods need to say more than just "Sock" or "Bashing", etc. But no more information is needed, they were banned, move on.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 05:53 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

laughing out loud

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 05:54 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Originally posted by Puzzle
What he means is that he thinks the mods need to say more than just "Sock" or "Bashing", etc. But no more information is needed, they were banned, move on.

Ooh OK..

I agree with you though, no more info is needed than what is given all ready

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 06:04 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: Should Mod's have to explain bans

What do you want to know?

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 06:24 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Originally posted by §P0oONY
Shush Eclipso... You need no further explination.

Looks like I was right.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 06:49 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Said it was a sock of someone else, actually.

Either way.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 06:51 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Damn.....

You could have kept that to yourself BackFire.... Let me have my moment of glory... You damn mods and your "better explanations of why some-one is banned than "Sock" or "Provoking members knowingly""

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 06:53 PM
BackFire

Yes..

I like the idea of writing an essay for every member that is banned. I can go into great detail about why his sock account was banned.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 06:55 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Eclipso
I just trust the mods know what they are doing.

They are mods for a reason, they are qualified to be there and just because you see it as a mistake doesn't automatically mean it's true, it's arrogant to think that way.

the mods don't hand out bannings left and right they do it for a reason and I trust that it was for the right one.

So far the mods I've dealt with have been very patient with allot of things they could've banned people for and all the people they have banned while I have been here that I have seen deserved it. So you could say they have EARNED that trust from me. Sorry your pal got banned, I have nothing personal against him.

Well, my point is that I don't see what you hope to accomplish, the mods aren't going to reverse his ban or anything. I understand the need to vent, just at some point ya have to let it go.

laughing

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 07:01 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Originally posted by BackFire
Yes..

I like the idea of writing an essay for every member that is banned. I can go into great detail about why his sock account was banned.

Write enough and you never know... A publishing deal may head your way... The riveting stories of sock accounts could keep any reader thrilled for hours... It'll be a best selling book you will never put down.

.... *cough*

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 07:07 PM
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

naaaa, the butt rape book will sell far better. stick to the plan.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 07:09 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

can't I do both?

looks like i ****ed up though, turns out the guy wasn't a sock, instead had an issue much like you, PVS.

My bad.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 07:25 PM
§P0oONY

Hahahahaha... PVS got owned by the system.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 07:26 PM
Lord Melkor

Law enforcement needs transparency, even on online boards.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 07:27 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah yeah, too bad for QS, nothing against him/her.
im just celebrating the delicious irony of eclipso hehehe

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 07:29 PM
Syren
dreaming

It has such a sweet taste

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 01:04 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote