KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Old filmation cartoons

Old filmation cartoons
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
OB1-adobe

Old filmation cartoons

I'm seriously trying to see on the internet where I can view the old Superman and superboy cartoons made by Filmation in the late 1960's.

Supposedly they had other stuff like Hawkman, green lantern, the flash, aquaman, and the atom. Al i found was this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xeDwa4z_iIA

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 02:53 AM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000O...5915896-4581743

Says the cartoon came out from 66-70.
I honestly do not remember this series. Odd.

My Superman toon memory is just the 40s Fleischer toons...
(please log in to view the image)

The 70s/80s Super Friends version...

And the Animated Series...uh, series.

I'm aware of 2-3 others i've never actually seen (Superman/Batman Adventures, a Ruby Spears one just called Superman), but the OP version...completely new to me.
Learn something new every day! laughing

Old Post Jan 31st, 2015 12:10 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Got some of those Fleischer ones on dvd, I think i got it for $2.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2015 12:51 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Those are actually pretty easy to find, AND they're still fun to watch...thumb up

Old Post Jan 31st, 2015 12:54 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I love the old Fleischer animations. Couldn't stand Superfriends (which, I think, "evolved" out of the 1960s toons). But what really invigorated my interest in Superman (via cartoons) was the animated series.

But man, I'd practically give a left nut to see a series like this...

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2015 03:39 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Error occurred. sad

Agree on the Animated Series though. Between it, Batman, then the Justice League...good times.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 12:28 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Error occurred. sad
You mean you couldn't watch the youtube trailer I posted? If so: sorry, man, that's not acceptable. Google up the trailer separately then. If you've never seen it, prepare to have your jaw dropped.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 04:05 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Will do! thumb up

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 08:33 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Strange i'm not getting error for it.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 01:23 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Just tried it twice.
Keeps making my page reload. no

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 01:28 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000O...5915896-4581743

Says the cartoon came out from 66-70.
I honestly do not remember this series. Odd.

My Superman toon memory is just the 40s Fleischer toons...

The 70s/80s Super Friends version...

And the Animated Series...uh, series.

I'm aware of 2-3 others i've never actually seen (Superman/Batman Adventures, a Ruby Spears one just called Superman), but the OP version...completely new to me.
Learn something new every day! laughing

The Filmation shorts are mostly Superman, Superboy, Aquaman and Batman, but do have Hawkman, Teen Titans, GL, Atom and some JLA. There were several different shows playing the shorts, some with other properties(like Tarzan), but mostly just replaying and sometimes adding more. I think in the early 90's they had THE SUPERMAN/BATMAN ADVENTURES(I guess that's why the DCAU series got named "BATMAN/SUPERMAN ADVENTURES) which was just playing all of them. I THINK it was early 90's, but I only watched later reruns back when Toonami was on. Apparently they also played it on Boomerang for a while after they dropped the show from Cartoon Network.

I used to rent VHS tapes for Superman, Batman and Aquman as a kid, but the video store(REMEMBER THOSE?!!?!?) didn't have Superboy, and I was always disappointed since he was on the back case with Supes, Bats and AM. I never saw a Superboy short until I watched SUPERMAN/BATMAN ADVENTURES. I actually have all the shorts now, but have only watched some of them.

Originally posted by Kazenji
Got some of those Fleischer ones on dvd, I think i got it for $2.

Those are actually pretty easy to find, AND they're still fun to watch...thumb up

They're actually public domain now. Have been for a while. So yep, super easy to find. And yes, they are still fun to watch. The animation still holds up well today. It's better than the Filmation shorts(although not color quality-wise). I would love for Warner Bros to dig up the old film originals and make HD masters for commercial copies. I know Warner still holds some of the rights, so I don't think HD copies they'd make would be public domain. Would be nice to get them on Blu-ray with any behind-the-scenes or documentary type extras if possible, but probably little if anything.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 09:16 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Good to see those old toons played a part in so many kids' Super youth...smile

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 10:34 AM