KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » The Boss vs Naked Snake

The Boss vs Naked Snake
Started by: kamikz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

The Boss vs Naked Snake

I don't know about you, but the time I saw this fight I got a small feeling that Boss didn't go all out, especially since she had a mission to die at her disciples hand. But there is also the possibility that she would have lost anyway or that she never faked it. Well, tell me what you think.....

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 10:26 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jk5000
son of liberty

Nah snake would have owned her anyway

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 10:28 PM
jk5000 is currently offline Click here to Send jk5000 a Private Message Find more posts by jk5000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Care to explain why?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 10:29 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jk5000
son of liberty

well like i said she's only gd at CQC and snake can reverse it PLUS snake was awesome with guns and stealth anyway and the boss couldnt hide for shit as she wouldnt shut up... plus she kept shooting at you even when ur hiden behind a tree... lol what a spaz

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 10:31 PM
jk5000 is currently offline Click here to Send jk5000 a Private Message Find more posts by jk5000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jk5000
son of liberty

but gentlemen... lets change the rules a bit! maybe a different scene or limitations... anyone have any suggestions??

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 10:32 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Well I at least agree with some of that, but most are gameplay mechanics. The Boss pretty much tore apart Naked Snake when they fought in CQC every other time, I don't see this sudden boost of strenght in him. Also, she is said by her superiors to be killed by her disciple, and she always obeyed orders. Did she really go all out?

Let's not change anything until we reach a conclusion...

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 10:33 PM
jk5000
son of liberty

thats not the point because when she was losing she tryed to toughen up but still got owned and i think snake learned a bit about her teqniches through the game!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 10:34 PM
jk5000
son of liberty

and i think she was going all out because she wanted to give her most beloved student the fight of his life!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 10:36 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Probably, but he still had a tough match with Ocelot in the end, who was only taught slightly by the Boss, I don't think Snake in the matter of a day could possibly match her.....

But where does it say that the Boss tried to win?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 10:37 PM
jk5000
son of liberty

no but i think the Boss would at least try because this is her death moment... and snake is her most BELOVED pupil so i guess she would want this to be a moment to remember for snake and not give up without a fight!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 10:41 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Hmm well actually, she sacrafised everything she had ever fought for, the name she had built up for herself, and betrayed the people she loved, just because she was told to. She had already given up so much, and now she was said to be killed by her most beloved pupil, that was her final mission, wouldn't she do that as well?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 10:43 PM
jk5000
son of liberty

and when you say snake had a hard time with ocelot when the boss barely taught him ... Ocelot is The bosses son so he would have some of her genes

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 10:46 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

But that doesn't make you a good fighter. If I am the son of the strongest man in the world, but I myself doesn't search to become the worlds strongest, I don't become that by exercising for 2 days....

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 10:50 PM
jk5000
son of liberty

no i meant that boss is a natutral fighter and ocelot would maybe inherit that

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 10:57 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

In the matter of days? Snake was the one who helped her develop it, I think he has more experience to CQC than Ocelot and his new taught techniques. I mean, common, you can't possibly think that Ocelot would beat the Boss in a CQC battle?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 11:05 PM
jk5000
son of liberty

no Ocelot would be in crap lol

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 11:09 PM
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: The Boss vs Naked Snake

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kamikz
I don't know about you, but the time I saw this fight I got a small feeling that Boss didn't go all out, especially since she had a mission to die at her disciples hand. But there is also the possibility that she would have lost anyway or that she never faked it. Well, tell me what you think.....

I wondered about that too.
She had an order, so i believe she faked it. But who knows what the outcome would be if she fought at her best. In all previous their fights Snake was too careless because he had to fight someone he loves very much...

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 02:03 PM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Agreed. Snake never wanted to kill Boss, I mean, in both his first fights with her he could have shot her, but as she said, "you don't dare to pull the trigger". Snake never really wanted to kill her until the end, when he knew that there was no other thing, and she told him to stand as a Patriot, to obey his orders. (As shown in the beginning, he takes the Boss hand instead of fighting her, but she tosses him into the water. In the end, he is prepared to kill her). I still don't think he could take her in a CQC without some damn luck or anything else (although he came closer and closer to beating her, and I don't think he was really that serious with Ocelot). Thing is, the last fight was a gunfight, it had nothing to do with melee unless the player choose to confront her that way. Also, if the Boss wanted to loose I doubt she would even use a gun since that is no good way of faking, by shooting someone. She also gave him a time limit, if he didn't succeed he would die by bombs.

I belive she faked but I belive that she might have tried more than enough to win as well, I belive Big Boss had a chance of winning in an all around fight....

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 02:16 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Re: The Boss vs Naked Snake

1. It doesn't matter, he blew her head off in the end. stick out tongue

2. It was his time to win. EVA was full of shit anyway. I'm glad she got lost in the jungle and was never heard from again.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 04:26 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Well I at least agree with some of that, but most are gameplay mechanics. The Boss pretty much tore apart Naked Snake when they fought in CQC every other time, I don't see this sudden boost of strenght in him. Also, she is said by her superiors to be killed by her disciple, and she always obeyed orders. Did she really go all out?

Let's not change anything until we reach a conclusion...

If you noticed in the very first cutscene where they fought each other, Snake was in disbelief, and he was holding back against her. erm

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 04:31 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote