KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Gill (SFIII third strike) vs. Omega Rugal (2002)

Gill (SFIII third strike) vs. Omega Rugal (2002)
Started by: the Darkone

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
the Darkone

Question Gill (SFIII third strike) vs. Omega Rugal (2002)

Gill
(street fighter III: third strike)

vs.

Omega Rugal
(2002)

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 01:23 AM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Gill

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 01:24 AM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Gill.. cuz they copied orochi and gave him a screen covering supermove

woot capcom!

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 02:28 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Gill.. cuz they copied orochi and gave him a screen covering supermove

woot capcom!

Gill has no connection to orochi, infavt the moves are completely different. and that's ironic considering how much snk rips off capcom in their earlier days.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 02:55 AM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

the moves are not completely different... Gill's light hits all over the screen.. exactly like orochi's... sugar coating ftw

capcom shouldnt have super moves, if they didnt copy off SNK.. <3

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 03:41 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

the moves are not completely different... Gill's light hits all over the screen.. exactly like orochi's... sugar coating ftw

gill was introduced in 1997, and orochi did not event the first super that covered the screen.

And as for the super, the concept originated from special moves which capcom created prior to snk<3

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 05:05 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

yeah.. isnt it a coincidence king of fighters 97 would come out in ... 1997?... omg!

yeah? which super?... </3 I'd love to know.. both which super first covered the screen (and I'm talking about hit you no matter where you were on the screen.. not just crap effects), and which 'concept' SNK allegedly copied from

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 10:30 AM
Kayne Archeron

Gill, because he can revive himself... then again, if you do a super-special just as he's reviving, he'll die again, so possibly Omega Rugal... plus Rugal is just so much more badass XD

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 11:09 AM
Kayne Archeron is currently offline Click here to Send Kayne Archeron a Private Message Find more posts by Kayne Archeron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

tis true.. I dont see him making a comeback if he gets hit by the seraphic wing super, though... would be 'hilarious' if he used reflect just as seraphic wing started and all the damage reflected back

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 01:47 PM
shin_remy

what the hell are you saying!!!

show some respect, sf is the mother of fightinggames and is because of them you have several games like Kof, Guilty Gear etc

And about copying, IT IS SNK WHO COPIED MORE FROM CAPCOM :P :P : P :P

And Gill win from Omega Rugal.

Sephriac Wing

and besides his resurection move won't let him die

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 02:30 PM
shin_remy is currently offline Click here to Send shin_remy a Private Message Find more posts by shin_remy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kayne Archeron

he can only resurrect once, and while he's resurrecting he's vulnerable

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 06:06 PM
Kayne Archeron is currently offline Click here to Send Kayne Archeron a Private Message Find more posts by Kayne Archeron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shin_remy

who says he has to resurect

what if does Sephriac Wing at the beginning of the battle.

He can take soo many damage and his strenght is unbelieveble in the game. One of the most overpowerd dudes i know.

Omega Rugal isn't the strongest incarnation of him. I thought it was God Rugal

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 08:50 PM
shin_remy is currently offline Click here to Send shin_remy a Private Message Find more posts by shin_remy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
looldude

third strike was released before kof 97 right? no expression

why does it even matter anyway, third strike is superior to kof 97 and if anyone disagrees you are a fool.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 08:52 PM
looldude is currently offline Click here to Send looldude a Private Message Find more posts by looldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by looldude

why does it even matter anyway, third strike is superior to kof 97 and if anyone disagrees you are a fool.

Gill first appearded in new generation, which came out in 97 roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 08:58 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

yeah.. isnt it a coincidence king of fighters 97 would come out in ... 1997?... omg!

yeah? which super?... </3 I'd love to know.. both which super first covered the screen (and I'm talking about hit you no matter where you were on the screen.. not just crap effects), and which 'concept' SNK allegedly copied from

Which concept snk copied from!

Art of fighting cast.

Ryo & Robert

john

Yuri has a denjin hadou ken,shin shoryuken and shungokusatsu attack

the list goes on.

And special moves like projectiles came out first on sf, so by your logic snk copied.

Last edited by Classic NES on Jul 25th, 2006 at 09:11 PM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 09:04 PM
dvampire
xenogears

Here we go again. More Capcom vs. SNK arguments about who did this first. They're both good companies, and has created great games, lets leave it at that!

Made by DW

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 10:26 PM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

Each Gill in SF 3 gets stronger and more powerful than before, each clone of Gill is more powerful than the one before. If Gill returns in SF4 witha new super but not the main boss I wouldn't be suprise. The most powerful of Rugal is God Rugal from Cap vs snk 2, even I serve him with regular Akuma, Ken, Ryu, Terry, Rock. Hell when I fought Omega Rugal 2002 I kicked his ass up and down wth Iori, K, Terry, Ryo, Takuma, Goenitz, KOF team 97. Gill to me is the hardest and the cheapiest bosses I have ever played expect for Igniz and Makai.

Gill wins the majority.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 10:40 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by shin_remy
what the hell are you saying!!!

show some respect, sf is the mother of fightinggames and is because of them you have several games like Kof, Guilty Gear etc

And about copying, IT IS SNK WHO COPIED MORE FROM CAPCOM :P :P : P :P

you realise you'd still be doing normal special moves if SNK hadnt made supers right no expression

to add, SNK has had much better ideas than Capcom... however SNK has had less money to play with.. so less opportunities to move their series forward

Gill can be struck down while resurrecting, so I dont know if you played the same street fighter 3 that everyone else has been playing

Originally posted by looldude

they both came out in 97 if you havent noticed the year tag on KoF roll eyes (sarcastic)

what exactly is foolish about disagreeing?... there are many people who abhor the idea of third strike, or kof respectively

KoF 97 is superior for me because of its gameplay balance and ultra-responsiveness that you simply dont get from fighting games anymore... but its obvious that you're comparing it to a game that was released 3 years later... logic ftw

Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Which concept snk copied from!

Art of fighting cast.

Ryo & Robert

john

Yuri has a denjin hadou ken,shin shoryuken and shungokusatsu attack

the list goes on.

And special moves like projectiles came out first on sf, so by your logic snk copied.

ew.. and your entire argument is based on ryukou no ken... rather than the matter at hand... SNK made a screen covering super first... gill is a wannabe

Do explain Yuri's denjin and shungoku attacks (I've seen the shoreppa attack, and it is quite corny)... I have never heard of them smile... also, she does not have a shin shoryuken

strangely... Ryukou no ken had far better concepts... such as needing 'spirit' to throw a fireball or use a special attack.. rather than using fireballs the entire match, which seems to be a favorite street fighter tactic... for people who copy so much.. they sure innovated the fighting game genre.... 3v3 matches anyone?..

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 01:48 AM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

you realise you'd still be doing normal special moves if SNK hadnt made supers right no expression

to add, SNK has had much better ideas than Capcom... however SNK has had less money to play with.. so less opportunities to move their series forward

First snk did not invent the super move, they used a system called death move which allowed you to perform strong attacks when your low on health. this is nothing like the super move system.

KoF 97 is superior for me because of its gameplay balance and ultra-responsiveness that you simply dont get from fighting games anymore... but its obvious that you're comparing it to a game that was released 3 years later... logic ftw

ew.. and your entire argument is based on ryukou no ken... rather than the matter at hand... SNK made a screen covering super first... gill is a wannabe

Do explain Yuri's denjin and shungoku attacks (I've seen the shoreppa attack, and it is quite corny)... I have never heard of them smile... also, she does not have a shin shoryuken

also strangely... Ryukou no ken had far better concepts... such as needing 'spirit' to throw a fireball or use a special attack.. rather than using fireballs the entire match, which seems to be a favorite street fighter tactic... for people who copy so much.. they sure innovated the fighting game genre.... 3v3 matches anyone?..

laughing God your clue less, yuri does ahve a shun goku satsu shin shoryuken, and denjin hadou ken technique, play kof 2000 or 2001.

Right art of fighting was so good that's why snk began to rip off street fighter 2 game play.

The super art was not invented by snk, prior to super moves snk had "Death Moves" which allowed you to do a strong attack near death, that is nothing like the super art as we know it, which Snk borrowed from capcom.

Kof is soo innovative, basically whoever pulls of the most combos win, great strategy laughing

and actually capcom is more innovative, custom combo's, super arts, tag team all started by capcom.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 01:57 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

tag team was taken from the concept of 3v3, but put into real time.. so theres that..

yes .. a death move = a super move for those not in the know.. because it must meet a condition for you to use it.. the fact that it does mega damage.. is why its called super.. whoa... other words for it include desperation move, and crazy death move

I dont play the 2k KoF's... thats when playmore took over.. /vomit

I'd hate to be the one to take off your goggles... but SF relies heavily on combos as well... 'every' fighting game does..

custom combos is capcom.. super arts isnt... tag teams a spin off of KoF 3v3... so you get partial credit

you're basicaly calling it different because its 'near death' and not whenever you feel like using it.. either case requires a condition... so its not as original as you're hoping it to be

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 02:06 AM