KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Combat speed vs Moving speed

Combat speed vs Moving speed
Started by: UniOmni

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

Combat speed vs Moving speed

If character A can blitz, and has faster than the eye can see hand movement, does he automatically win against character B, who doesn't have true combat speed, but can move faster than character A??

Lets say Superman tries to blitz the Surfer........Will he connect since his combat speed is high??
Or can Surfers flying speed nullify that combat speed?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 08:13 PM
UniOmni is currently offline Click here to Send UniOmni a Private Message Find more posts by UniOmni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

If both reflex(combat) and flight speed are equal and release at desame time, combat speed will never connect since both speed are moving at desame time.

My Artwork

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 09:56 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Like wise Surfer will never hit Superman as long as he is running, but once SS decides to attack, he loses his edge in speed because he is no longer focusing purely on traveling/sprinting speed but rather now combat speed which surfer has MANY poor showings of.

A prime example of this is SS battle with Odin, SS was flying at his hyper speed blitzing speeds (o he wasn't? then I guess that means he doesnt have super speed in battle since HE HAS NEVER shown on panel i n a battle to have such) and Odin who is not even that fast not even light speed, was able to nail SS with a energy blast dead on.

Point of the story here folks, Combat speed/reflex speed>>traveling/sprinting speed in combat

Last edited by Board Walker on Aug 6th, 2006 at 11:29 PM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 11:25 PM
Board Walker is currently offline Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thedude1948

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jesse7
A prime example of this is SS battle with Odin, SS was flying at his hyper speed blitzing speeds (o he wasn't? then I guess that means he doesnt have super speed in battle since HE HAS NEVER shown on panel i n a battle to have such) and Odin who is not even that fast not even light speed, was able to nail SS with a energy blast dead on.

Point of the story here folks, Combat speed/reflex speed>>traveling/sprinting speed in bombat

That is a horrible example, Odins speed has no relevance on the speed of his energy blast. That just shows he has good aim.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 11:33 PM
thedude1948 is currently offline Click here to Send thedude1948 a Private Message Find more posts by thedude1948 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Yes it does have complete relevance, Odins combat speed and reflexes were able to match and surpass Surfers, thus he was able to see SS and react to SS (who at the time was flying around in the air bombarding Odin with cosmic blast) by blasting him out of the air. That is a PRIME example of reflexes over sheer sprinting speed, its also an example of ss poor combat speed.

Another example is when SS fought mephisto, mephisto grabbed SS legs (while SS was flying around) and pulled him off his board, in order to grab some or hit some one with a energy blast or magic, you have to be able to see them and react to them, that is combat speed and reaction time.

Slade is a prime example of combat speed and reaction time, he is able to react to speedsters and hit them and or tag them.

Last edited by Board Walker on Aug 6th, 2006 at 11:39 PM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 11:36 PM
Board Walker is currently offline Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Broly92
Bow to Amc or else?

This is untrue I can get lucky by guessing and moving fast does not mean the other person isn't faster

"Whoever said anybody has a right to give up?"

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 11:39 PM
Broly92 is currently offline Click here to Send Broly92 a Private Message Find more posts by Broly92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Sigh, It wasn't guessing in both examples I provided, want to know why? Because Odin hit Silver Surfer twice, once he knocked SS back, then SS came flying in strategic patterns bombarding Odin from above, and Odin while fighting thanos blasted SS out of the sky, and KO'ed him, it wasn't guessing that he hit SS dead on twice in a row.

My second example isn't guessing either, Slade consecutively hits people who are far faster then him via his superior combat and reaction speed; Wally, and then kid flash.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 11:41 PM
Broly92
Bow to Amc or else?

Sigh, It wasn't guessing in both examples I provided, want to know why? Because Odin hit Silver Surfer twice, once he knocked SS back, then SS came flying in strategic patterns bombarding Odin from above, and Odin while fighting thanos blasted SS out of the sky, and KO'ed him, it wasn't guessing that he hit SS dead on twice in a row.

My second example isn't guessing either, Slade consecutively hits people who are far faster then him via his superior combat and reaction speed; Wally, and then kid flash.

I did not deny this but Surfer having to slow down is not right

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 11:45 PM
Broly92 is currently offline Click here to Send Broly92 a Private Message Find more posts by Broly92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
drwerwer

Well silfer surfers would have to use his speed to get him away from supes combat speed, then he would probly not be able to get in close and fight since then he would be relying more on combat speed which would not be as fast as supes and so he would lose there. But he could run around supes in circles and goe in for one quick hit then get away really quickly but if he stayed close for to long then surfer would get socked.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 11:45 PM
drwerwer is currently offline Click here to Send drwerwer a Private Message Find more posts by drwerwer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
drwerwer

Sorry for some of the spelling and grammer.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 11:46 PM
drwerwer is currently offline Click here to Send drwerwer a Private Message Find more posts by drwerwer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Originally posted by Broly92
I did not deny this but Surfer having to slow down is not right

It is right that SS has to slow down want to know why? Because SS only has his super speed when sprinting in a relative straight line (such as traveling). But through his entire comic history he has never shown to have this speed in combat, he has to slow down because he cant make sharp turns or agile moves while going those speeds.

Point being SS doesnt have super combat and or reflex speeds.

SS can run in a straight line all day, but it wont win him any battles, the momment SS goes on the offensive he loses his edge in speed and thus Superman in this case would pummel him, if Thanos who is not as strong or fast as Superman can KO SS with punches, then Superman could KO SS with punches 1/100 of the time.

And dont tell me SS is too durable for punches, because a knife has hurt him before, a thunderbolt from storm has had SS on his knees, I could go on, Thanos has KO'ed SS in melee.

Last edited by Board Walker on Aug 6th, 2006 at 11:53 PM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 11:49 PM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

I think what slows down SS in combat is the board, while fast in straith and sharp turns, its slow in awkward movement.. while having both legs and body to control awkward movements Ie. Supes, Glads, Thor, etc.. etc.

My Artwork

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 11:52 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Broly92
Bow to Amc or else?

It is right that SS has to slow down want to know why? Because SS only has his super speed when sprinting in a relative straight line (such as traveling). But through his entire comic history he has never shown to have this speed in combat, he has to slow down because he cant make sharp turns or agile moves while going those speeds.

Point being SS doesnt have super combat and or reflex speeds.

SS can run in a straight line all day, but it wont win him any battles, the momment SS goes on the offensive he loses his edge in speed and thus Superman in this case would pummel him, if Thanos who is not as strong as Superman can KO SS with punches, then Superman could KO SS with punches 1/100 of the time.

And dont tell me SS is to durable for punches, because a knife has hurt him before, a thunderbolt from storm has had SS on his knees, I could go on, Thanos has KO'ed SS in melee.

1.PIS
2.Thanos>>>>Supes
3.You obviously think Supes can beat Surfer

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 11:53 PM
Board Walker

Thus SS does not have super combat or reflex speeds, do you see what im saying now?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 11:54 PM
Board Walker

Originally posted by Broly92
1.PIS
2.Thanos>>>>Supes
3.You obviously think Supes can beat Surfer

1. Are you calling SS entire comic history PIS? Face it SS doesnt have super combat or reflex speeds.

2. Supes>Thanos with no prep

3. Im not decided on this one, I say its 5/5 SS can exploit supes weaknesses, but I also believe that if Supes can knock SS off his board then Supes would take it 10/10, it all depends if Supes can knock SS off his board which I believe he can because he has the combat/reflex speed advantage

Last edited by Board Walker on Aug 7th, 2006 at 12:00 AM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 11:56 PM
Broly92
Bow to Amc or else?

1. Are you calling SS entire comic history PIS? Face it SS doesnt have super combat or reflext speeds.

2. Supes>>>>Thanos with no prep

3. Im not decided on this one, I say its 5/5 SS can exploit supes weaknesses, but I also believe that if Supes can knock SS off his board then Supes would take it 10/10, it all depends if Supes can knock SS off his board which I believe he can because he has the combat/reflex speed advantage

I don't argue with Supes fanboys see ya no expression

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 12:00 AM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Thus SS does not have super combat or reflex speeds, do you see what im saying now?

No, There are advantages in having to fight straith or sharp corners, reflex speed is comple diff. its eye hand coordination. have to go to work big grin .

My Artwork

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 12:01 AM
Board Walker

Im not a fanboy of Supes, but what I do dislike is when characters are over rated, espicially when one claims character A is over character B for the sole reason of "speed blitz" when in fact that character like SS in point doesnt have super reflex or combat speed.

Tell me this, if Supes knocked SS off his board, do you think SS has a chance to defeat SS, shall I post scans of how slow SS is without his board? Shall I post scans of what happens to SS when is knocked off his board?

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 12:02 AM
Board Walker

Originally posted by Rols
No, There are advantages in having to fight straith or sharp corners, reflex speed is comple diff. its eye hand coordination. have to go to work big grin .

Reflex speed is this, surfer blast a cosmic blast at some one, that some one is able to see the cosmic blast and react to it, that is reaction speed. A prime example of this is Slade

Combat speed is being able to move with agility at super speeds in close-med range without losing speed. Combat speed is also being able to punch 1000 times in under a second, a prime example of this would be Flash, Supes, Majestic, etc.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 12:04 AM
thedude1948

The Silver Surfer can use his speed offensively. Specifically in Infinity Crusade when he absorbed a star and slammed into Paradise Omega's shield using his moving speed.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 12:13 AM
thedude1948 is currently offline Click here to Send thedude1948 a Private Message Find more posts by thedude1948 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote