KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Power Metal-Like it or not???

Power Metal-Like it or not???
Started by: BornToRule

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BornToRule
Unbent Unbowed Unbroken

Power Metal-Like it or not???

For those of you that not know about this genre i can say go to wikipedia and chek it out...

To me its the ultimate combination of song, guitar, synth and drums.
even tho it sometimes has kinda simple melodies and not the worst solo´s i would say its the combination that sounds best (atleast i think so)

ANd no i am not one of those that just stick to one genre always. i like lots of styles (as long as its good =P)

feel free to discuss.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 04:54 PM
BornToRule is currently offline Click here to Send BornToRule a Private Message Find more posts by BornToRule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Like or Not?

LOVE

stick out tongue

I really like this kind of music, but it wasint until Deano interduced dragonforce to me that I started listening to it for real, I was really hooked by it and since I have been listening to it alot, I agree it has some great combo's, some of my favorite bands of the genre are these

Helloween
Gamma Ray
Dragonland
Dragonforce
Sonata Arctica
Freedom Call
Kamelot
Avantasia
Fairyland
Sigma

I really like those and I recommend them to those who like power metal to take a listen.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 05:16 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BornToRule
Unbent Unbowed Unbroken

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Highlord
Like or Not?

LOVE

stick out tongue

I really like this kind of music, but it wasint until Deano interduced dragonforce to me that I started listening to it for real, I was really hooked by it and since I have been listening to it alot, I agree it has some great combo's, some of my favorite bands of the genre are these

Helloween
Gamma Ray
Dragonland
Dragonforce
Sonata Arctica
Freedom Call
Kamelot
Avantasia
Fairyland
Sigma

I really like those and I recommend them to those who like power metal to take a listen.

Wow someone that agrres with me cool :P

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 05:18 PM
BornToRule is currently offline Click here to Send BornToRule a Private Message Find more posts by BornToRule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Flamboyant~
Out of my element

My favorite genre as of now.

I love you IceJaw for making me the sig!

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 09:24 PM
~Flamboyant~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Flamboyant~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Flamboyant~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I dig some personally, namely Edguy, who come off as a little TOO theatrical at times, but still. Their music makes me want to go out and ****ing conquer the world.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 11:55 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

I enjoy it but I can't realy get excited by it. It's awesome to listen to on substances though.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 09:48 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swe_Bum
R.I.P Dimebag Darrell!

I love Power Metal ^^ Especially Dragonforce!! big grin (but i do like other metal Categories)

Pure American Metal

My fanart/art-- My sigs

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 10:51 AM
Swe_Bum is currently offline Click here to Send Swe_Bum a Private Message Find more posts by Swe_Bum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BornToRule
Unbent Unbowed Unbroken

Originally posted by §P0oONY
I enjoy it but I can't realy get excited by it. It's awesome to listen to on substances though.

Oh i can say right now that i think its so good that sometime i get this "chill" on my back big grin

sometimes i just forget what im doing while listening to some songs that when the song is over i kinda "what was im doing? ooh yeah..." this only happens when im at home and relaxing though.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 08:35 PM
§P0oONY

I love when that happens... The whole back chill really shows what music's good.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 09:35 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can stand Dragonforce in small doses.

I think this kind of metal has it's biggest flaw in it's concept. The idea of so-called power metal is to be epic, but epic songs usually don't try to be epic.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 11:38 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardiel13
Elite Cannon Fodder

Quite possibly one of my favorite genres.
Favorites include:
Rhapsody
Sonata Arctica
Kamelot
Thy Majestie
Nightwish
etc.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 12:24 AM
Bardiel13 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardiel13 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardiel13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardiel13
Elite Cannon Fodder

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I can stand Dragonforce in small doses.

I think this kind of metal has it's biggest flaw in it's concept. The idea of so-called power metal is to be epic, but epic songs usually don't try to be epic.

-AC

One word: Rhapsody.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 12:25 AM
Bardiel13 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardiel13 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardiel13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, I know them.

I made my judgement whilst knowing them.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 02:19 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardiel13
Elite Cannon Fodder

Yes, I know them.

I made my judgement whilst knowing them.

-AC

I didn't doubt it. Just an example of a power metal band that's epic and STAYS epic. wink

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 08:19 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

In your opinion.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2006 06:30 PM
BornToRule
Unbent Unbowed Unbroken

im interested in getting AVANTASIA: the metal opera 1 and 2. is it something you would recommend???.

because the truth is i love the powermetalstyle but i havent heard to many bands thats into it.

the bands ive heard is.

Sonata Arctica
Lost Horizon (some swedish band not very big 2 albums)
Nightwish
Freedom Call
Gamma Ray
Helloween
Kamelot
Blind Guardian(i had to research this and according to Wikipedia they are couted as powermetal altought they have a quite unique sound)
HAMMERFALL ( i like the style and some say its powermetal but i dont know)

Old Post Oct 20th, 2006 08:06 PM
Bardiel13
Elite Cannon Fodder

In your opinion.

-AC

You disagree?! sad

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 01:43 AM
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

I love power metal

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 01:57 AM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BornToRule
Unbent Unbowed Unbroken

i must say that i rank freedom call pretty high on my list. but since their sound is SO DRAMATIC with lots of synthsounds it tends to get a little to much when i listen to them for to long.

they have much inspiration from Gamma Ray or should i say very much inspiration. even though the songs dont sound the same its the whole style they have its like they just took it from Gamma Ray and Spiced it up and made som changes. Therefore i place Gamma Ray above them. (its that and they got Kai...i just love the red guitar he has. also they have been around for longer)

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 07:25 PM