KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » ~She Loves Me Not~ (Danfic)

~She Loves Me Not~ (Danfic)
Started by: RaDiOdOrK

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RaDiOdOrK

Warning ~She Loves Me Not~ (Danfic)

Hey peeps.. Wasn't sure if this was 'general' enough to be in that section so I stashed it here wink. I've been writing this fic for a while; Dan is the only character you'll recognise, the rest are my creations. It gets a little more adult (R/NC17) once it's started and I'm not sure how tolerant this site is? I'll find out about that one before I get there. Please help me out with constructive feedback and I'll be posting regularly big grin. On with the story...

love Dorkus

Chapter One

The new dawn light filtered through the blinds, awakening me with its blanket of warmth. I stumbled blindly out of bed, and stared blearily out the window.

The hot beads of water streamed down and washed away last nights sleep. I soaped up the loofah and slid it over my hot skin, massaging all over my body, every toned muscle and aching joint. There was a knock at the door, "Dan! You're going to be late!"
I grabbed my towel and walked, dripping, into my bedroom.

Downstairs in yesterdays jeans and a new tee, I grabbed two muffins and was on my way out the door.

Nothing's really happened around here lately. Same old school, same old people and places. Every afternoon the boys and I meet up after school to play footy and then I'm back home again. Things have been this way for so long that I'm starting to wonder whether a little change would be good. But I'm not about to start looking.

Jai met me at the front gate, he was grinning; probably a new girlfriend.

"Guess who I'm going out with?"

I groaned inwardly. Jai had been out with everyone at least twice, he rekoned it was his charming personality but I'm not sure he even has one. He had sort of scruffy brown hair, light eyes and a permanent grin which guaranteed he was up to something. I guess girls like that sort of thing.

"... And so now we're together, I expect this one to last a lot longer then Mel cause I like her heaps."

I yawned and patted him on the back. "Sure Jai."

In English I stared blankly at my page of scribbles. I think I'd used all my 'free writing thoughts'. If nothing new ever happened where was I supposed to get my imagination? A note landed on my desk.

I'm bored. you coming this arvo? It was from Jess. We've been friends since year five, and she's become a real guys-girl. Today she was wearing baggy shorts, a jersey, and her dark hair was pulled roughly back into a ponytail, loosely hanging over her eager, brown eyes. She was one of the few people Jai hadn't been with, which made me appreciate her more. We were supposed to be going over her place after school so she could kick our butts at any sport she picked. I nodded to her and she passed another note.

Dave's bringing his cousin, here from New Zealand for a few weeks, hope he likes footy.

I smiled at her then went back to my work, feeling Ms Emmersons glare at my side. There's someone else I should have mentioned, pretty much my best friend, that's Mitch. He's the kinda guy who doesn't go outta his way to meet people, I can't even remember how we became friends, it was that long ago.

"Hey Mitch." I grinned at him as I climbed in and shut the car door, punching him lightly on the arm. He'd just gotten his licence last week and had driven me just about everywhere.

"Looks like we'll be inside this arvo." He motioned out the window. Thick clouds now glared down at us, and a chilly wind had picked up.

"Ah well, we always think of something. What's been happenin'?"

"Mum and Col are going on holidays next week, I was thinking of having a gathering or something."

I glanced at him, amused. "A party? At your place?"

He looked sheepish. His mum would kill him. "Well yeah, sort of like a welcome thing for Dave's cousin if mum asks. Have you met the guy yet?" He backed into Jess's driveway.

"Nah not yet."

Jess swung open the door with such force, that even under her mane of hair we could tell something was up.

"Is Dave here yet?" Mitch questioned.

"Yes" she barked plainly, "they're in the back room."

Mitch smirked at me. "I take it you and his cousin aren't very acquainted, is he cool?"

If Jess didn't like a guy, which was unusual, then I imagined some sort of chess-nerd.

She stalked ahead. "Why don't you ask her yourself?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 08:13 AM
RaDiOdOrK is currently offline Click here to Send RaDiOdOrK a Private Message Find more posts by RaDiOdOrK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
misslilsweetie
I'm confoosed

umm u gonna post more? its nice..

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 03:02 PM
misslilsweetie is currently offline Click here to Send misslilsweetie a Private Message Find more posts by misslilsweetie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaDiOdOrK

Arrow

Sure babe big grin I was waiting to see if anyone was reading first confused

Chapter Two

'So you're from New Zealand right?'

'Actually I was born in London but my family travels a lot, my dad's a pilot you see..'

Dan's eyes glazed over as Shauna trailed off, listing some places she'd been to excitedly. Flickers of light glistened off the pieces of blonde through her lengthly brown hair which showered down her back. He transfixed his eyes on her lips as she spoke, a deep red contrasting with her pearly teeth, then occasionally glanced upward towards her playful, puppy brown eyes.
She had stopped speaking, anticipating an answer from him. He gushed, 'well it'll be nice to finally have someone bring some culture around here.'

She smiled warmly at him while Dave was heard protesting in the background, feigning hurt. 'I'm cultured! I had chinese for dinner and sometimes I even go outside.'

There was a mixture of laughter and groans echoing around the room.

'Did you want a drink? I was just going to grab one,' Dan questioned as he got up.

'Sure just water thanks Daniel'.

Dan was cornered by Jess in the kitchen. 'So you like her ey?'

He screwed up his face in thought, not wanting to lie to Jess, or disappoint her either. 'She's.......interesting,' he muttered, turning his attention back to the fridge.

'Oh, you mean cultured, ' Jess retorted teasingly. 'Just remember she isn't staying forever so don't get too cosy.'

Dan spun quickly and squeezed Jess tightly, attempting to smother her. 'Aww, are you getting jealous Jessy? we wouldn't want that now would we?'

She pulled away, pretending to be disgusted at his show of affection.

'Save your energy for Shauna, I reakon she likes you as well.'
She smiled back at his surprised face as she skipped of down the hallway.

Shauna sipped her drink, not taking her eyes off Dan. 'Mitch tells me you play guitar?'
'Yup!' Dan beamed and looked sideways at Mitch across the room. 'A shiny red one.'

Shauna giggled at his childish theatrics. 'You'll have to play for me sometime, or teach me even.' She shifted closer, flickering her eyes up at his flirtatiously.

'Do you play in a band?'

Dan snorted, 'I tried to start one with this bunch, but they're so musically retarded, I gave up.'

This brought further protests from Dave who ran off to finding a tambourine to prove his worth.

'Danny I'm heading off, did you need a lift?' Mitch jangled his keys and approached the sofa.

'Be there in a sec,' he said, meeting Shauna's miserable eyes.

'Sorry I've gotta go, will you be here tomorrow?' he asked hopefully.

'Will you miss me if I'm not?' she whispered, smiling. She suddenly shook his hand formally, taking him off guard as she pressed a piece of paper into his palm, winking.

'Ah, well, bye then.'

'Bye Daniel'.

Jess nudged him playfully on the way out, 'tell Jai I hate him for not coming.'

Back home Dan stared at Shauna's cell number. He wondered how soon was too soon to call.

Shauna laid back on her bed, exhausted. The flight that day had been a little over 14 hours and she hadn't slept. Her phone beeped, indicating a message and startling her from her sleepy haze. She didn't recognize the number, but grinned as she realised who sent it.

'Lessons start thursday, my place. and call me Dan xx'

Accompanying the text was a picture of a shiny red guitar.

I have a heap of chapters lined up (It's been in the writing process a while) so as soon as you want more, lemme know. wink

mwah xx

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 04:04 AM
RaDiOdOrK is currently offline Click here to Send RaDiOdOrK a Private Message Find more posts by RaDiOdOrK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
misslilsweetie
I'm confoosed

nice..

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 05:09 PM
misslilsweetie is currently offline Click here to Send misslilsweetie a Private Message Find more posts by misslilsweetie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaDiOdOrK

er wow do you think you could tell me WHY you like it? 'nice' doesn't help much.

I swear i skipped a chapter somewhere in here...nevermatter

Chapter Three

Wednesday was cold and miserable, and about the only thing that even came close to interesting, was Jai breaking up with his girlfriend. She was, of course, heartbroken.

Dan climbed into bed that night freezing and exhausted, and felt his cell vibrate beneath him. Startled, he pulled it out and read the message

‘Still on for tomorrow afternoon? I’ll bring my matching shiny, red shoes so if I suck at playing I can wish myself back home. Nite xx’

He laughed lightly and replied, ‘You better have something ready to teach me as well. You’ll be better then you think wink until tomorrow’.

Thursday weather wasn’t any better. The only thing getting him through the day was knowing he would see Shauna that afternoon. When he finally did get home, he jumped in a warm shower then relaxed in his room, tuning his guitar.

‘Don’t I get a hello?’ Shauna called from the doorway indignantly. Dan’s head snapped up and he smiled mischievously.

‘Sorry, I’m fresh out.’

She stepped into the room and collapsed on a beanbag. ‘ I can see why. You don’t have any pockets, nice towel though.’ She eyed him, muscular arms and torso, covered loosely from the waist down in a plush towel.

He’d attempted to dry his hair and small beads of water clung to his jet-black locks and trickled down his face. He looked sheepish, ‘I’ll be out in a sec okay?’ Shauna got up and lingered a moment, drinking him in before going back downstairs.

‘So what do you usually do this time?’ He met her in the lounge room. Shauna looked up thoughtfully from the family portrait she was admiring, ‘uh….eat?’

‘Good answer.’ They sat on the kitchen floor staring up at the shelves of food.

‘Know how to make anything?’

‘Yeah but I don’t reckon you could eat it afterwards’

‘Oh..’

Dan’s mum walked in and laughed at the pair on the floor. ‘For goodness sake Dan you could just ask me!’

‘Thanks mum’ he ran back upstairs and beckoned Shauna to follow.

‘So how long will you be in England for?’ he watched her circle the room, picking up things and setting them back down again monotonously.

‘Can’t be sure. Sometimes months other times a spur of the moment thing, ya know?’

He nodded, unsure. ‘You’ll come say goodbye right?’

Shauna nodded enthusiastically and joined him on the bed. ‘Maybe I’ll never have to leave.’

She leaned in towards him and he studied her face affectionately.

‘I hope so’.

She blushed and looked down. ‘I’m so glad there’s people like you here Dan. I thought coming back here would be scary and everyone would hate me.’ Dan looked concerned all of a sudden, ‘ Is it like that in other places you go to?’

Shauna met his troubled gaze and shook her head. ‘They think it’s cool that I’m from somewhere else. Whereas back here I’m just the girl who’s been everywhere and can’t stay long enough to keep a friendship.’

Dan pulled her closer to him. She was just shorter than him and her breaths lightly tickled his neck, sending shivers over his body. ‘ I promise no-one here thinks that.’

Shauna caressed his back mindlessly with her fingers, enjoying his warmth. ‘do you realise, Shauna, that now I have to see you in a towel?’

‘I’ll consider it’

He poked her playfully, ‘I think you’ll find that you have no choice.’ She sat up dramatically, ‘oh please! Don’t make me wear one, I won’t look half as impressive as you did!’ he wrestled her back down to him, laughing at her plight.

‘ Do you really think I looked good?’

Shauna smiled secretly into his jumper, ’Incredibly.’

Dan ran a finger down her cheek and she looked up at him. He brought his lips nearer until all they could hear was the sound of their breaths. She inched closer and closed her eyes as he welcomed the warmth of her mouth. Her soft lips dissolved into his as he deepened the kiss, parting his mouth, causing her to whimper. Their tongues met and gently pressed together as she stroked his neck and face, urging him to continue. When he eventually pulled away, they were breathless. There was a welcomed silence.

Dan interrupted, ‘I’m sorry, I should’ve-‘

‘No, it’s okay.’ She settled back down to him, ‘ I liked it.’

A few moments later she asked ‘What are you thinking about?’ Dan, still bewildered at what he’d done after knowing her all of two days, wondered himself what he was thinking.

‘As stupid as it sounds, this reminds me of one of those dreams you have, where you’re given something and when it’s all perfect you wake up and it’s all over. Ever had one of those?’

Shauna nodded and pressed her lips to his once more.

‘Then I promise not to wake you.’

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 06:20 AM
misslilsweetie
I'm confoosed

well i said nice cause i was being nice its a good story so far...am i the won who is really reading this? and umm u should move this maybe to the General Fiction area cause this place is for harry potter fictions stories..

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 04:05 PM
RaDiOdOrK

I don't know how to move it- maybe a mod will. But i thought general were about other movies and this isn't about any, except it has Daniel in it. I have a lot of readers on other sites, like i said, and am just posting here now for the hell of it. You don't have to read to make me happy if you don't like it i won't be disappointed.

Chapter Four

‘Thirty’

‘Fifteen’

‘Twenty!’

‘Done.’ Mitch grinned at Daniel anxiously. The gathering was going ahead unbeknownst to his mum. Col, her boyfriend had slipped him a little extra money for a carton.

‘So that’s us five, plus Shauna. Who else?’

Dan tried to think of those least likely to trash Mitch’s place. 'Get the twins to come, they’re always fun.’

He nudged Mitch and winked. Danika and Deidre were the blondest, thinnest and most brainless girls in their grade. A guaranteed hook-up according to Mitch, but unfortunately they hadn’t been as cooperative as he’d hoped. They were always either too drunk or sober to talk to him, but he vowed to keep an eye on them tomorrow night.

They added a few others and pressed ‘send’.

‘Everyone should have their invite by lunch, this’ll be great.’ Dan patted Mitch on the back on his way out to form class. He had a history exam first up, and smiled as he remembered what he’d been doing last night instead of studying. Shauna, at 11pm had been reluctant to leave, but with a quick kiss and shove she was home by midnight.

Dan rang her as soon as he got in the door.

'Hey, the party is all set for tomorrow night'

'Oh. Ok that’s awesome,' she sounded unsure.

'You still want to come don’t you Shauna?’

'Yeah, it’s just…” she paused, 'I guess so.'

Dan frowned into the phone, 'Everyone will love you, I’m sure of it. And if you're still worried remember I’ll be next to you the entire night to introduce you, pass you drinks and carry you to the car when you’ve had to much.’

She cooed, ‘Aww thanks Danny. Any chance of you making sure I don’t get totally blind and legless?’

‘Nup.’

She laughed, ‘You’re so responsible.’

‘Mitch’ll pick you up around seven’

‘Looking forward to it’

‘And Shauna- I’ll be thinking about you..’

She blushed on the other end, ‘I haven’t stopped.’

Shauna was ready by five. If she was staying in England, she’d have to prove to herself that she could keep a friend. She was sick of worldly penpals, long-distance phone calls and endless e-mails. Besides, she didn’t want Daniel thinking he was a complete loser for being interested in her. She had met other boys while travelling but never stayed long enough to call it a real relationship, and at 16, couldn’t really say she’d had a proper boyfriend. She wanted this to feel special for once.

She slipped on her yellow kitten heels and smoothed over her shirt while admiring her choice of outfit in the mirror. She wore faded skinny jeans and a fuchsia lace halter that went past her belt line, hugging her waist and hips, and revealing he olive shoulders. Her hair was swept up into a simple messy bun to reveal her handmade, intricately beaded necklace and earrings she’d bought in Auckland. She gripped her clutch anxiously.

‘Who’s the boy?’ her mum looked on from the doorway in an endearing manner.

‘Jen what makes you say that?’ she retorted.

Her mum laughed and wrapped her arms over Shauna’s shoulders. ‘Because you haven’t been ready two hours early since your Australian boyfriend. have you kissed him?’

‘Jen!’ Shauna turned to her mum in mock horror ut her light shade of pink gave her away.

‘Alright alright.’ Jen backed out defensively, ‘I’ll be meeting him you realise. You haven't looked this beautiful in a long time.’

Shauna smiled at her in the mirror. ‘I won’t be home too late.’

Jai and Dave were already tipsy by the time Mitch got back from getting Dan and Shauna. Dan, as promised, sat by Shauna as they settled in and grabbed a beer from the esky. The twins were the first to arrive, and after small talk and giggling with Jai, they approached Daniel and a nervous looking Shauna.

‘Hey girls this is Shauna..” he paused, unsure and looked sideways at her, ‘..my girlfriend.’

Shauna flushed, ‘It’s nice to finally meet some of Dan’s friends.’

Danika and Deidre pulled up chairs, grabbed drinks and began cooing over Shauna.

They love her, Dan thought, placing a reassuring arm around his new girlfriend.

By nine the gathering had become a party in full swing. Dan approached Mitch, who was on about his eighth drink, ‘Mitch, did you want me to tell some people to leave? It’s getting kind of packed.’

‘Nah! Let ‘em come, this is awesome!’

Dan laughed and followed Shauna back to a group dancing, as she tugged his hand. She had become a little uncoordinated by now and looked slightly out of focus. She pressed her head against Dan and gripped his shoulders, swaying to the music, her heart beating with adrenaline. Dan attempted to stay sober for Shauna, but by eleven wasn’t doing any better then her.

‘You could drink me under the table Shauna!’

She giggled, her eyes flickering with excitement, and her skin glowing with heat. She’d met most of the people there, and even Jess had taken a liking to her, mostly out of respect for Dan.

‘Danny,’ she whispered, ‘ I need to sit down for a bit.’ He pushed open the door of the guestroom and searched drunkenly for a light switch. It flickered on and they collapsed in a heap of the bed.

‘You having fun?’ he caressed her face, trying to focus on her eyes.

‘Uh-huh. I think I might have to stay.’

‘I think I might have to let you.’ She lay with her legs out to one side, and her upper body resting on his chest.

‘Did I tell you how ravishing you look tonight Shauna?’

She smiled broadly, ‘Why thank you.’ She had managed to keep her composure though-out the night, but her hair clung to her neck and shoulders with sweat, and her cheeks had a little more colour.

‘Tell me something,’ Dan said softly.

‘Like what?’ she studied him quizzically, still grinning.

‘Anything. Your secrets.’

‘A secret hey? Well…’ she watched him in thought for a moment, rising and falling
as he breathed deeply, his hands running lightly up and down her back.

‘Well I like this guy. A lot.’

Dan laughed, ‘Do you now?’

She nodded, ‘Yeah he’s a rockstar. He has a beautiful smile, he’s gentle..’ she slid down next to him, resting against his torso, sliding her hand over his chest and stomach, ‘He has a gorgeous body and is an incredible kisser..’

Dan leaned over and took her mouth in with his. It was their most passion-filled kiss yet. Lust consumed them as he pressed himself against her, kissing her deeper. She knew it was the alcohol but Shauna felt like losing herself senselessly in the moment. Reluctantly, she took her lips away. She relaxed and lay facing him. Daniel wrapped his arms around her and they fell asleep, exhausted from partying.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 06:17 AM
RaDiOdOrK

Chapter Five

Shauna awoke to a ringing phone. Her heart skipped a beat as she looked down and saw her and Daniel’s entangled limbs, but remembering that they’d fallen asleep before anything serious, heaved herself up to answer the phone.
It was her mum. ‘Hey Jen, what’s up?’ her voice croaked and was barely audible.
‘Thought you’d be coming home bubs. There’s been a change of plans. I need to pick you up.’ Shauna heard the faint sounds of traffic in the background.
‘What!? Mum I just woke..’
‘Honey we have to go to the airport okay? I have your brekkie, see you in ten.’ The phone went dead.

Shauna sighed heavily and reached for her clutch, being careful not to wake Dan. She’d call and explain later.

Mitch was cleaning up the lounge room.
‘Sorry I can’t stay and help Mitch, gotta go to the airport. Thanks for letting me crash.’
She rushed out followed by his confused reply.
Her mum looked sympathetic as she handed Shauna a McDonalds bag.
‘Flight was moved forward, sorry to rush you like this.’
~
Mitch toppled in on Daniel, shaking him.
‘Dan!’ he whispered hoarsely, ‘Dan get up, Shauna just left.’
Dan opened his eyes wearily, then quickly squeezed them shut as sunlight blinded them.
‘She went home?’
‘No, she said she’s going to the airport and..’
Daniel bolted out of bed, ‘what? She’s leaving!’
‘ I dunno she seemed in a rush.’
Dan took a moment to register.
‘She wouldn't just leave, would she?’
Mitch looked unsure, ‘why else would someone go to the airport.’
Five minutes later they were on their way to find out.

Shauna, still feeling incredibly hungover and sick from her bacon and egg mcmuffin, followed her mum wearily around the enormous terminal. She looked hesitantly at every payphone that she passed, itching to ring Dan.
They moved through security and sat at gate eighteen, jen finally settling down and loosening her grip on her handbag.

Speeding through traffic, Dan wondered how sincere Shauna had been when she promised she’d say goodbye before leaving England. He remembered her saying that sometimes her family left at ‘the spur of the moment’, and hoped it wasn’t this moment. Her cell was out of range and he urged Mitch to go faster. He began contemplating whether she did this in every country, had a brief boyfriend and left before it got serious. He started feeling foolish for getting so emotionally involved.

Flight 614 was called and Jen dragged Shauna closer to the ticket counter with the rest of the crowd, eagerly looking through the pane-glass walls watching the approaching planes.

About half an agonising hour later Mitch found a car space and they rushed towards the building.

Once inside the enormous terminal, Dan realised he had no idea where he was going. He searched frantically around for a familiar face but his eyes were met with bustling strangers and multicoloured flashing televisions indicating current departures.
‘Shauna could be on any one of those flights now.’ He thought, deflated.
Mitch sat in a nearby chair, still in no condition for the drama.

‘Dan?’ Daniel lifted his head to see a confused but smiling Shauna on the arm of a stranger. She looked to her friend, who was obviously a little overwhelmed.
‘Uh, this is who I was telling you about. I didn’t think you’d be meeting him so soon though.’ She giggled and turned back to Dan.
‘Dan meet Melissa, she just got in from France and’ll be staying a while.'

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 10:58 AM
misslilsweetie
I'm confoosed

Its good! i wasnt reading to make you happy im reading it cause i like the story..its good keep going

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 06:53 PM
RaDiOdOrK

If you say so. This forum is pretty dead, So i'm not going to post up my new fic here. If you want to read this one in it's entirety, lemme know and i'll give you the link. wink

Chapter Six

Luckily Shauna had found the whole escapade more amusing than weird, and understood where Dan had come from.

‘You really thought I’d just leave? Don’t my promises mean anything to you?’

Dan hugged her close, ‘I know, I didn’t think, I just got scared okay? I know you wouldn’t do that to me.’

Shauna lightened up a little. ‘Bit of an adventure though hey.’

They were at a small out of town diner for lunch. Melissa sat opposite from them chatting happily away to anyone that listened, anything but jet-lagged. She picked delicately at her food as she spoke, and sat relaxed with her long, smooth legs crossed out to the side of the table, black leather shoe straps lacing half way up her calf. She wore a lengthy caramel, boho-style skirt with an intricately knitted, pale pink blouse. Several chains of beads in all colours hung from her neck, and her chocolate hair flowed in loose curls over her shoulders. Her dark eyes flickered around at everyone as she spoke, holding their full attention.

‘Well I was on a photo shoot just south of Paris but the weather went kinda bad and it was put forward a few weeks. Of course I didn’t want to wait around on my own so I came to visit Shauna here.’ She winked playfully at Shauna and looked back to her lunch.

Melissa held an intimidating air of elegance that always made Shauna feel inadequate. She liked skipping countries and was naturally social. Shauna loved her to bits but could only handle her in small doses. The turn of events in the last half-decade, Melissa becoming a model, had separated them to such an extent that Shauna had missed her dearly.

‘So how was the party Shauna?’

Shauna looked sheepishly at Dan, ‘don’t remember much, it was pretty full on. How’d your house turn out Mitch?’

Mitch’s eyes went wide as he looked down at his watch, ‘it’s a mess and mum gets back in three hours!’

Dan looked mildly concerned, ‘guess what we’ll be doing until then.’

Melissa looked a little disgusted as she was handed a garbage bag back at Mitch’s. Shauna threw a sponge at her head. ‘We’re not on a glamorous tropical shoot in the Caribbean Mel, stop being a snob and pick up some cans.’

Melissa shrieked and tossed it back, missing. ‘I’ve never been to the Caribbean, so pick up your own cans.’ She grinned and collapsed on the sofa. Mitch was too preoccupied to notice the lack of help.

Dan wiped over the dining table nearby, ‘how’d you go with the twins Mitch, saw you talking to deidre?’ Mitch kept his head down, scrubbing a wall but couldn’t suppress his grin. ‘Yeah it went okay I guess. She was willing.’

Dan nodded slowly, wondering what he meant by “willing”.

‘So I guess you finally got to hook up with her.’

‘Yeah you could say that.’ Mitch was still smiling as wringed his cloth and marched off into the next room.

Melissa ran a freshly manicured nail over the suede lounge. ‘What is there to do around here other than clean up after everyone else’s fun?’

Shauna looked unimpressed. ‘I know it’s not what we’re used to but everyone’s really close here, we just sort of….hang out?’

Melissa’s eyebrows rose when Shauna said “we”. ‘So you’ve settled in nicely. Tell me more about this boyfriend of your's.’

Shauna hushed her tone and sat stiffly on the couch next to her. ‘Well, he sorta made all the first moves. I gotta admit though, I took a page outta your book when I met him.’

Melissa looked impressed. ‘Shauna, you flirted?’ Shauna nodded and they both giggled hysterically.

‘Works doesn’t it?

‘What does?’ Dan watched from the archway.

‘Girls stuff, you know.’ Mel grinned at him.

‘Uh-huh, well we need a hand in here girls.’

Melissa glanced at Shauna doubtfully.

‘He’s fun I promise. Let’s go help.’

Mel dragged herself off the couch. ‘He better have hot friends. I didn’t leave the romance capital to hang out with some London boys because they’re nice.’

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 06:35 AM
misslilsweetie
I'm confoosed

I wanna read the whole thing! can u give me the link???

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 06:04 PM
crazykim

i wanna read the whole thing too..

what happened to you?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 12:15 AM
crazykim is currently offline Click here to Send crazykim a Private Message Find more posts by crazykim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaDiOdOrK

Well it's not letting me post the link.. but it's at globalboards(.com) and you go to the very last forum (Fan Fiction) and you know the title already. My nic there is tAmMi-LoU.
My second story is called 'Bedsheets'. You can check it out if you want, i just started.

If you have trouble, remmeber i can keep posting it here for you. xox

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 02:58 AM
RaDiOdOrK

Chapter Seven

Madam,
On the return of your test results, the B.R.I.C regret to inform you that your results have returned positive. You have been diagnosed with:
Type two, Ovarian Cancer.

Your chemotherapy will resume on the 14th of May in our West London Surgery. The B.R.I.C. send their sincere condolences to your and your family, but will work closely with you over time to ensure a positive outcome. Please contact us on the following number to confirm your first appointment, so transport may be arranged.
Sincerely,
Joseph Weston,
Founder of the Britain Research Institute of Cancer. (B.R.I.C)

Trembling hands re-folded the letter.

~~~

Dan fiddled restlessly with his maths homework; he could never remember the formulas. His dinner lay untouched at his bedside as he stared wilfully at his blank page.

There was a tap at the window, his head shot around but he couldn’t see through the shadows. There was a muffled cry and further banging. ‘Dan!..’

He rushed up and pushed open the heavy wooden frames to reveal a startled looking Shauna, clinging on for dear life. He grinned and heaved her inside while she puffed a thanks.

‘Couldn’t find the front door ay?’

She glared at him softly and collapsed on his bed, brushing off dirt and leaves. “Its was supposed to be a romantic surprise.”

Dan laughed loudly. Shauna feigned hurt and tried to hide a smile. “Well it was definitely a surprise.”

She pulled a cushion into her lap, and picked up his dinner plate, poking at the roast meat. ‘I actually came with news as well.’

Dan snuggled down on the bed and watched her intently. ‘Good or bad?’

'Depends how much you like me.’

Daniel pulled her into a hug. ‘Well now I’m intrigued. What kind of news would a tree-climbing, window-stalker bring?’

She laughed softly. ‘Dad called this afternoon from the U.S. and said he’s getting a permanent national piloting job in England.”

Dan thought it over a moment, ‘So you don’t have to leave?’ She shook her head enthusiastically and brought her mouth to his, kissing him full on the lips, ‘never ever.’

Dan’s smile widened, ‘This calls for a celebration.’

‘Absolutely, what do you suggest?’

‘Well, as soon as you’ve wiped the gravy off your face, we’re gonna go for a walk.’

She poked her tongue out cheekily and rushed into his ensuite.

Melissa sat sulkily in the spare room at Shauna’s. She’d been staying there the last few days and had just gotten off the phone to her agent. Her Paris shoot was cancelled, so she was unemployed indefinitely. Jen said that Shauna had ducked out earlier, and Melissa hadn’t met anyone else to call since she’d been here.
Ever since they were little girls Shauna had followed “Melly” around like a sheep, forever paying her compliments, doting on her and listening to her late night stories of outings with boys. It was Shauna’s comments alone that had given her confidence to begin a modelling career. Melissa had always respected Shauna’s headstrong, affectionate and loyalty attitude towards her.
It was times like this, when she was out with friends and Mel was home by herself which made her wonder what people preferred, and whether she’d taken her best friend for granted. A pang of jealousy jolted through her.

Dan finished packing the basket with chips, chocolate, cake and popcorn and shoved a blanket on top. Shauna rushed into the kitchen, ‘Thanks Mrs Radcliffe! Dinner was awesome.’

Dan's mum turned from the sink startled and smiled vibrantly as she was handed an empty plate. ‘Well I’m glad someone likes my cooking,’ she said, eyeing the basket Dan had packed. ‘It’s nice to see you Shauna, I didn’t hear you come in.’

‘I bet the neighbours did.’

Shauna nudged Dan edgily as a smirk spread across his face.

‘Be back later mum.’

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 01:34 PM
hp_slash_luva

plzzzzzzzzzz finish

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 04:00 PM
hp_slash_luva is currently offline Click here to Send hp_slash_luva a Private Message Find more posts by hp_slash_luva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cutie_pie13
4eva young

wow, its really good, please finish it!!!

sig done by piggle

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 05:50 PM
cutie_pie13 is currently offline Click here to Send cutie_pie13 a Private Message Find more posts by cutie_pie13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaDiOdOrK

ok then.. as long as i have readers i will finish

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 11:25 AM
RaDiOdOrK

Chapter Eight

Mitch sunk back into the pillows on his mum’s bed, watching her fold clothes. She seems more preoccupied then usual.

‘You never told me how your trip went. Was the resort nice? Did you and Col have a fight? You’ve been a little quiet.’

His mother barely lifted her head. ‘You talk to much Mitch.’

‘You don’t talk enough,’ he retorted.

She continued opening and closing drawers, not saying anything. Mitch, stubbornly refusing to leave, sprawled himself out across the mattress and stared around the room.

His mum hadn’t done half bad on her own, he thought. They’d managed to stay on their feet after his dad left. Mitch swore his mum knew about the affair for months before he left. She was terrified of living on her own, so started petty fights with his dad as an excuse to sleep on the couch, never admitting her suspicions. But his dad left anyway, all on his own. Mitch, too ashamed of his father to even look him in the eye, had stayed with him mum for the past four years, and Col appeared in the last two.

The walls in her room were lined with beatifully simplistic paintings his mother had made, created to forget, he was sure. Lilies, tulips, roses, all encased in wooden frames, added an artistic and distinguished aura to the room.

‘Mitch I’m going to bed’

‘No you’re not, it’s only six o’clock’

‘I’m tired, see you in the morning’

Mitch trudged out, irritated at her lame excuse for him to leave. He was just thankful the party hadn’t been mentioned. Or the stains in the lounge room, the missing vase and lack of food. And thank god she hadn’t checked the trash contents. He dashed upstaires, vaguely remembering where he'd stashed Deidre's number.

Melissa flicked mindlessly through Shauna’s cell that she’d conveniently left behind. There were mostly cute messages and pictures from Dan. She searched through the phone numbers and stopped at Danika’s. They’d met briefly two days ago when getting lunch. The twins seemed very fond of Shauna, and Melissa thought they were a lot more stupid then they were friendly.

She picked up her own cell and dialled, ‘Hey Danika, it’s Melissa, remember me?’

~~~

‘Pretty isn’t it?’

Shauna nodded dumbly. Daniel had taken her to a small clearing in the middle of a thick clutter of trees. There was a shallow, clear stream that ran through and disappeared back into the greenery. Loose vines had attached themselves to the trunks and weaved between the branches. The faint chirping of birds could be heard as they prepared to sleep, the sun sinking lower. In the clearing, two deliberately placed boulders settled close together and were covered in carvings of names and pictures.

‘Me and Mitch used to come here heaps’, he gestured to the rock carvings, ‘ but we kinda outgrew it.’

Shauna sat down on the grass and grinned up at him, ‘I love it.’
He settled beside her, pulling out random food and a blanket. They munched mindlessly on junk food and watched intently as the sun clashed with the horizon, sending waves of colour across the sky that interwined with each other and dripped down like a melted ice cream.

A chilly wind had picked up as darkness settled in, and Dan shifted closer and wrapped the blanket around Shauna.

‘You know what?', she nudged him cutely, ‘This is sorta our first date. With each other, I mean.’

‘There’s gonna be a lot more firsts with us Shauna, I promise.’ He brushed her lips gently with his and pulled her closer.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 11:27 AM
slim_thug
Restricted

Account Restricted

finish...... finish........finish.....finish......finish

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 02:25 PM
slim_thug is currently offline Click here to Send slim_thug a Private Message Find more posts by slim_thug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cutie_pie13
4eva young

yah, u came back and just after i went to the global boards thing to!!!smile oh well at least i didnt read the whole storysmile

sig done by piggle

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 05:49 PM
cutie_pie13 is currently offline Click here to Send cutie_pie13 a Private Message Find more posts by cutie_pie13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote