KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Does Arnold play a good guy or bad guy better?

Does Arnold play a good guy or bad guy better?
Started by: Piratemonkey101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Piratemonkey101
Fast and the Furious rock

Worried Does Arnold play a good guy or bad guy better?

Definately good guy!

Bad bad guy!
Good with guns though!!!

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 07:08 PM
Piratemonkey101 is currently offline Click here to Send Piratemonkey101 a Private Message Find more posts by Piratemonkey101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

I think he plays both well. But, I think he's better playing the good guy, at least in the Terminator movies.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 07:15 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piratemonkey101

Me too. He dosent really play a bad guy often!

Dom: you couldent even tow it!
Brian:Hey! Pop the Hood.
Dom:Pop the hood??

You know how thee rest goes if youve seen it!!

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 07:32 PM
Piratemonkey101 is currently offline Click here to Send Piratemonkey101 a Private Message Find more posts by Piratemonkey101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

I suppose I'll go with good guy, but only because he has played a good guy in more than most his films. Although I must admit he played one of the most brutal and dangerous bad guys in Terminator 1.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Last edited by Praylu on Apr 5th, 2005 at 08:52 PM

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 08:49 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

^absolutely true. and to convert that role of t1 into some1 as protective as the t101 is amazing, only something that cameron can pull off. Never seen such versatility in a machine lol

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 02:18 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Yeah so true, I don't think I've ever seen something like that been done before.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 04:58 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

Arnold is lucky that after T1 he was not typecast as a person to play the villain in movies.

Apart from Batman and Robin, I actually think Arnie plays the role of a villain much better then he does a good guy. But this is only because his good guy role has been recycled so many times and it seems a little played out now.

You have to take into consideration which director Arnold is working with. Personally I think James Cameron always gets the best out of Arnold, but that's because Cameron is such a high professional. The guy is a genius and I think he got the best out of Arnie.

Because it's rare that Arnie does not play the role of a bad guy, without counting Batman and Robin, I think he's a pretty good villain.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 11:51 AM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

In actuality, he's got good guy roles that span 2 or 3 genres. Look at it this way. Conan, The Terminator, and Dutch or John Kimble, Julius Benedict, and Gordy Brewer.

The choice is clear. The heroic good guy wins out.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 05:37 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

I'm rooting for bad guy, if he pulls it off, hardly anyone more intimidating, bar Batman and Robin like u-neek said.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 09:14 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konjammenson

good guy

though he did play one helluva mr. freeze (that movie sucked)

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 11:06 PM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENITO
Perfect Rolemodel 4 N00bs

villain

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 04:08 PM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

i would have to say good guy, but if Arnold ever returns to movies (please God) than it would be great to see him as another villian.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 08:21 AM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

He was awesome in both roles. Terminator 1 - he was awesome. Terminator 2, he was awesome.

Both are his best films.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 04:45 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

I think that was more cos he was a machine. He makes a lousy good guy in some other movies, and a terrible villan in Batman and Robin, its a bit hard to say.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 07:54 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piratemonkey101

I could probley lean both ways!

Dom: you couldent even tow it!
Brian:Hey! Pop the Hood.
Dom:Pop the hood??

You know how thee rest goes if youve seen it!!

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 03:51 AM
Praylu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by barand1
i would have to say good guy, but if Arnold ever returns to movies (please God) than it would be great to see him as another villian.

I completely agree, and Arnold is at that age now where playing a bad guy better suits him at least in my opinion. Besides how many actors over 56 today do you know that doesn't play a bad guy more often and or honestly just better than a good guy?

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 09:39 PM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

He should try playing a mafia kingpin or something. big grin

Old Post Apr 29th, 2005 02:04 AM
Praylu

While smoking that cigar he loves so much, lol

Old Post Apr 29th, 2005 08:43 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

lol. Godfather 4....

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 01:02 AM
daniel_scott_jr

i think that Arnold should make another predator movie! SCORE

Old Post May 18th, 2005 01:45 PM
daniel_scott_jr is currently offline Click here to Send daniel_scott_jr a Private Message Find more posts by daniel_scott_jr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote