KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Doc Sampson vs Thing

Doc Sampson vs Thing
Started by: darthgoober

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthgoober

Doc Sampson vs Thing

(Doc Sampson's hair is long enough to put him in the 75 ton range)

Who wins.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 04:36 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moses Morrison
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thing 8/10

I LOVE ME SOME ME Professor X respect thread

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 04:44 PM
Moses Morrison is currently offline Click here to Send Moses Morrison a Private Message Find more posts by Moses Morrison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
complexbrother
The protector of logic

Good fight. I say the Thing 5.5/10

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 04:45 PM
complexbrother is currently offline Click here to Send complexbrother a Private Message Find more posts by complexbrother Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

This is an extremely good fight. Btw, both characters are class 100, going by their feats.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 05:00 PM
Dinalfos is currently offline Click here to Send Dinalfos a Private Message Find more posts by Dinalfos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

Thing will beat Doc everytime!
Doc's strong, but not in Thing's class.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 05:06 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

LOL, I just thought of something, do you think that Thing could pull out enough of the good Doc's hair cat fight style to weaken him?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 05:08 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

I would say since I seen Doc and Thing fight Hulk and it seemed that Doc was giving better then Thing was I say Doc because he more agile and I would guess faster.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 05:22 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

Show us ANY example of Doc doing better against Hulk than Thing!!!
I've seen the vast majority of all the fights between these 3 and
I've never seen Doc do better than Thing.
Thing also has WAY better fighting skills and experience!

word.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 05:56 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Ben is stronger, more durable and a much better fighter.

Ben 9/10

Give him 1 win because Ben takes him out for a beer big grin

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 06:24 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jonathanos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zahit
Show us ANY example of Doc doing better against Hulk than Thing!!!
I've seen the vast majority of all the fights between these 3 and
I've never seen Doc do better than Thing.
Thing also has WAY better fighting skills and experience!

word.

I can't post the links or I would.

Thing generally uses hit and run tactics on Hulk. Samson trades punches with Hulk.

Byrne's Animal-Hulk fought Samson for six hours and failed to defeat him. A few issues later, Samson (with help from the Hulkbusters) fought the Animal-Hulk for hours before Samson was kayoed.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 06:28 PM
Jonathanos is currently offline Click here to Send Jonathanos a Private Message Find more posts by Jonathanos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

Originally posted by Grimm22
Ben is stronger, more durable and a much better fighter.

Ben 9/10

Give him 1 win because Ben takes him out for a beer big grin

Stronger? Debatable. More durable? Debatable. Better fighter? Maybe, but Samson is more agile.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 06:30 PM
Dinalfos is currently offline Click here to Send Dinalfos a Private Message Find more posts by Dinalfos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by Dinalfos
Stronger? Debatable. More durable? Debatable. Better fighter? Maybe, but Samson is more agile.

Stronger- Ben 100 tons, Samson 75-80 tos.

More Durable - Ben is made of organic rock like substance that is essentially on second to Colossus's organic metal.

Fighting Skills- Ben has mastered many forms of combat such as wresatling, judo, street fighting, boxing, grappiling..ect. He has also been fighting since he was a boy.

The only thing that Samson might have on Ben is being smarter, however that isnt going to help him here.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 06:35 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

More Durable - Ben is made of organic rock like substance that is essentially on second to Colossus's organic metal.

Fighting Skills- Ben has mastered many forms of combat such as wresatling, judo, street fighting, boxing, grappiling..ect. He has also been fighting since he was a boy.

The only thing that Samson might have on Ben is being smarter, however that isnt going to help him here.

Ehm, Samson is WAY stronger than 70 tons. WAY stronger. He has to be. If you're going by some old Handbook then, yes, Samson would be in the 70 ton range. But that would also mean Thing is class 90(being able to lift 85 tons). But since Samson is as strong as a calm Hulk, who is easily class 100+ at base(according to the handbooks he's capabale of lifting 90 tons), he'd be about as strong as Thing. But we both know that they both have much higher showings, so we still don't know anything.

As for durability, well, Samson can withstand a lot too. More than you think. Punishement from Byrne's Hulk, for example. And yes, Samson is faster and more agile than Thing, which is definitely going to help him.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 06:42 PM
Moses Morrison
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well considering Samson's expertise is in psychology and he's as good in psych as Richards is in science, I'd say Samson could probably **** with Ben's head.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 07:13 PM
Moses Morrison is currently offline Click here to Send Moses Morrison a Private Message Find more posts by Moses Morrison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

This is actually a pretty good fight. I'd probably split it 5/10 down the middle.

They're pretty close in strength, I'd say. Ben has the Doc beat in durability, but Doc's got speed and agility. Hmm...

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 07:15 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

I think Thing has this in the bag. He's stronger, more durable, and a better fighter than Samson is imo. Samson is class 70 at best unless he is in Woodstock mode.

And another thing. People always say Samson is as strong as a calm Hulk. Which he may have been at one time but that's when calm Hulk was a 70 tonner. Now it's pretty much accepted that Hulk base is over 100 tons. But has it been mentioned....say in the last 15 years that Doc is as strong as a calm Hulk? I mean that used to be his moniker but somehow I don't think it's that way anymore.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 11:10 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Wow this is ridiculous, people are either way overestimating Doc Samson here or underestimating Ben.

Ben wins this hands down

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 11:14 PM
RogerRamjet
Playground Superstar

Yes Samson may be faster and more agile but he's still not in Thing's class..it could be a good fight, and no push over for Ben alright...but since Doc is actually a Doc i can imagine that he could come up with a plan to take the Thing down..it's possible..

7/10 for Ben

Sig by Scy!

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 11:16 PM
RogerRamjet is currently offline Click here to Send RogerRamjet a Private Message Find more posts by RogerRamjet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Doc Samson starts spouting off about how psycology, and about how ben resents the fact that he can almost never be with a human, how reed failed to cure ben... ben becomes sullen, begins to cry, and doc tosses ben into the ocean.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 11:16 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by rotiart
Doc Samson starts spouting off about how psycology, and about how ben resents the fact that he can almost never be with a human, how reed failed to cure ben... ben becomes sullen, begins to cry, and doc tosses ben into the ocean.

Wow, you sir are probobly the biggest FF hater on these boards no expression

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 11:18 PM