KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Cyclops vs. energy/KE/shock absorbers

Cyclops vs. energy/KE/shock absorbers
Started by: Sixth_Winged

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sixth_Winged

Cyclops vs. energy/KE/shock absorbers

How would cyke fare against another energy absorber? keeping in mind that he just overloaded Bishop in Civil War Xmen 2. Who can't he overload and who'd survive in a fight

1. Agent Zero
2. Speedball
3. Sebastian Shaw
4. Cannonbal
5. Mr. Fantastic
6. Strong Guy
7. Puck

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 09:16 AM
Sixth_Winged is currently offline Click here to Send Sixth_Winged a Private Message Find more posts by Sixth_Winged Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

It's still hard to say, at lesat until the next issue when we find out what happens to Bishop.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 02:28 PM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sixth_Winged

I'd hope and pray he explodes and kill the 198 laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 02:36 PM
Sixth_Winged is currently offline Click here to Send Sixth_Winged a Private Message Find more posts by Sixth_Winged Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bitca360
Mutate #20

So did Bishop just stand there and let Cyclops overload him? He was at least rechanneling it in some way, right?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 06:19 PM
bitca360 is currently offline Click here to Send bitca360 a Private Message Find more posts by bitca360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExtraMision5555
SKELLETIL RESARCH

Re: Cyclops vs. energy/KE/shock absorbers

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
How would cyke fare against another energy absorber? keeping in mind that he just overloaded Bishop in Civil War Xmen 2. Who can't he overload and who'd survive in a fight

1. Agent Zero
2. Speedball
3. Sebastian Shaw
4. Cannonbal
5. Mr. Fantastic
6. Strong Guy
7. Puck

wait a sec, what comic??

i thought i had all my civil war covered

thiers an x-men civil war comic?

is it uncanny?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 06:20 PM
ExtraMision5555 is currently offline Click here to Send ExtraMision5555 a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraMision5555 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Originally posted by bitca730
So did Bishop just stand there and let Cyclops overload him? He was at least rechanneling it in some way, right?

Bishop took the shot straight on, figuring it would work just like anything else. But at the end of the issue, it implied that it was becoming too much for him to handle.

Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
wait a sec, what comic??

i thought i had all my civil war covered

thiers an x-men civil war comic?

is it uncanny?

Check the Civil War Scan Thread in the Comic Books Forum, both issues are there.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 07:29 PM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kallark-Kent
Symbiote

I don't think of overload him, but we aren't sure. (Are we)?

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
Arcade Mountain: The Best Arcade About

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 08:43 PM
Kallark-Kent is currently offline Click here to Send Kallark-Kent a Private Message Find more posts by Kallark-Kent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
complexbrother
The protector of logic

Bishop http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishop_%28comics%29shoudn't been able to absorb Scott's beams because he can only absorb energy and Cyclops's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclops_%28comics%29blasts are pure force

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 09:47 PM
complexbrother is currently offline Click here to Send complexbrother a Private Message Find more posts by complexbrother Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Not to mention with Cyclops being such a good shot and all should really stop aiming at these KE absorbing mutants and shoot up the terrain to own them all.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 09:49 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

i dont see him getting past cannonball

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 09:50 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Well.... according to the Puppet Master (who has "possessed" Cyclops) ... It appears that Cyclops has only ever used a small fraction of the power at his disposal purely out of fear of killing anyone/everyone around him.... Puppet Master is not exerting that same restraint now that he's taken control of Scotty .... it makes some sort of sense.... I suppose

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 10:32 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Wait whose taken control? The only X-Men I've been reading lately is Astonishing where he's somewhat comaed out (haven't read 16 yet.)

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 11:22 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

I hope Bishop dies. I hate his character...

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 11:24 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
complexbrother
The protector of logic

I don't like what he's become (a house ni**a, or someone who goes and do the "step n fetch" for his master I.E. Tony Stark). he used to be my favorite X-Man chareter.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 11:30 PM
complexbrother is currently offline Click here to Send complexbrother a Private Message Find more posts by complexbrother Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Originally posted by Draco69
I hope Bishop dies. I hate his character...
Because he's incredibly contrived? Because he's a tool? Or because he's boring?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 11:48 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Because he's incredibly contrived? Because he's a tool? Or because he's boring?

All of the above.

And he's an arrogant SOB. His "knowledge" of the future is useless...

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 11:51 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

I want cyclops to kill bishop. nuke his body, piss on his grave, dig up the body, and the piss on it again. The character is horrible.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 11:56 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Anyway, he doesn't get past Speedball.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 11:57 PM