KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » I have a question!! (spoilers)

I have a question!! (spoilers)
Started by: lady_captinjack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lady_captinjack
johnny's lil pirate

Question I have a question!! (spoilers)

ok so you know how jack was taken down by the kraken? well is he in the kraken or some hell dimention at the end of the movie? where is it that will and all them have to rescue him from? i never thought about it but my friend brought it up.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 12:52 PM
lady_captinjack is currently offline Click here to Send lady_captinjack a Private Message Find more posts by lady_captinjack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

according to wikipedia it's going to be purgatory..which is like stuck in limbo..you are not in heaven and you are not in hell either..I think thats what it means

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 01:10 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

yea kinda like limbo, good example

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 02:35 PM
spencerspider is currently offline Click here to Send spencerspider a Private Message Find more posts by spencerspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

so does purgatory at all correspond with any place on earth? or is it an unnatural place? (im not catholic lol)

because dont they also have to go to singapore at some point? lots of traveling, as usual...

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 02:45 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I'm not religious at all..

I think its just a place thats there..but its not a real world. There is usually no one else there with you.

The end of the earth will probably be where they pull him out from..

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 04:49 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

i smell some fantastic special effects in the making...

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 04:50 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flying High
Fly my Pretties Fly!!

i reckon it's gona be the end of the world that Jack is sent to...

and then that's where liz,will etc. are all going to save him...

but i duno smile

People keep disappearing and reappearing lol

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 11:18 PM
Flying High is currently offline Click here to Send Flying High a Private Message Find more posts by Flying High Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

davy jones locker which is pretty much purgatory. religion doesnt really have all that much to do with it...or maybe it does..idk..it's not a real place as far as im concerned

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 01:39 AM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

quote: (post)
Originally posted by evilm0nki3
davy jones locker which is pretty much purgatory. religion doesnt really have all that much to do with it...or maybe it does..idk..it's not a real place as far as im concerned

Purgatory, according to Catholicism, is the place where the dead's souls go to see if they will accepted into heaven or be sent to hell based on how they lived their lives - were they a good person, did they do good deeds, did they put others before themselves, etc....Usually St. Peter stands at the Pearly Gates of Purgatory....

But since this movie is surely not based on religion I don't think this version of Purgatory will have anything to do with the Purgatory Jack will be in, I guess. Just can't imagine what POTC 3 holds in store.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 03:15 AM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

Originally posted by Flying High
i reckon it's gona be the end of the world that Jack is sent to...

and then that's where liz,will etc. are all going to save him...

but i duno smile

That is how Tia explains it at the end - "would you be willing to sail to the ends of the earth to bring back Jack and his precious Pearl" and she also mentions dark waters and haunted shores....more creatures to be sure....I just hope that the three main characters are intertwined early in the movie, I'd hate to have to sit through 30 minutes before we get to see the reaction between Liz and Jack after the last dramatic scene between the two.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 03:18 AM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

I think it is supposed to be Davy Jone's Locker, it just is similar to Purgatory stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 06:47 PM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

are we talking dante's inferno or the last scene from animated Hercules?

lol.

I bet its gonna be scary.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 01:13 AM
vegaofthelyre

i heard that there are only weird crabs in Davy Jones' Locker where Jack is stuck.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 08:06 AM
vegaofthelyre is currently offline Click here to Send vegaofthelyre a Private Message Find more posts by vegaofthelyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

That's what i heard. A desert with wierd crabs..

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 06:35 PM
Jcksparrows
Blackend Pearl

Yeah. He's stuck in Davey Jones locker at World's End where there are... let's just say, rather strong crabs. World's End is in a sense a purgatory for people who are still being judged whether or not to go to heaven. World's End is literally a waterfall going off the 'edge of the world', and below the waterfall is kind of a desert paradise/oasis.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 09:09 PM
Jcksparrows is currently offline Click here to Send Jcksparrows a Private Message Find more posts by Jcksparrows Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Re: I have a question!! (spoilers)

Originally posted by lady_captinjack
ok so you know how jack was taken down by the kraken? well is he in the kraken or some hell dimention at the end of the movie? where is it that will and all them have to rescue him from? i never thought about it but my friend brought it up.

I would have thought since Davy Jones was after him Jack would go to Davy Jones' Locker.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 09:11 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jcksparrows
Blackend Pearl

From what I've read of the script, there arn't any weird creatures except for the crabs and getting out of World's End has a lot to do with the Emerald Flash.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 09:13 PM
Jcksparrows is currently offline Click here to Send Jcksparrows a Private Message Find more posts by Jcksparrows Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

Omg! Jcksparrows, I love your picture of jack and jack the monkey haha. so cute!

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 04:15 AM
*jcd*gmc*

my icon is the pic w/ the monkey

davey jones locker is an idiom for the bottom of the sea

"..and that was without a single drop of rum."

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 03:32 PM
*jcd*gmc* is currently offline Click here to Send *jcd*gmc* a Private Message Find more posts by *jcd*gmc* Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

so jack doesnt end up in jones locker..he ends up at the purgotory watever u spell it. so ur neither alive or dead just in complete limbo??

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 08:49 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote