KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Something that has been bugging me for years....

Something that has been bugging me for years....
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Squirrel Fart

Something that has been bugging me for years....

I was at the YMCA and in the hot tub. A young teen (13 or so) was by herself. A old man in his 50s came in and sat beside her (pretty close). I overheard him ask her what's her name and how old she is. At this point I became suspicious of him. They went into the big pool together. I want to call the cops and ponder on it for a bit. But instead I told the life guards of this guy. They said oh, he's a regular and we'll keep an eye on him. I left.

To this day I still believe I should of called the cops.

Thoughts?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2011 05:00 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Pedophiles can be Regulars too

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2011 05:18 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

I know thats why I still think I should have called the cops and instead of leaving it in the hands of the staff. I will never send my kid (if I had any) to scouts.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2011 05:33 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YankeeWhaler
Restricted

Account Restricted

So, lets say you knew this girl now, and did bring it up to her, and some was able to get beyond her defenses and tell the truth, and something did happen, what can you do now?

Pehaps he died and nothing can be done, or if still alive, is there a stautue of limitations on that?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2011 05:41 PM
YankeeWhaler is currently offline Click here to Send YankeeWhaler a Private Message Find more posts by YankeeWhaler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YankeeWhaler
Restricted

Account Restricted

Knew someone at work who had a family member this happened to and they were thinking of bringing up charges 20 years after the event.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2011 05:42 PM
YankeeWhaler is currently offline Click here to Send YankeeWhaler a Private Message Find more posts by YankeeWhaler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YankeeWhaler
Restricted

Account Restricted

I say if folks are doing that and taking advantage of someone like that, it would come back to spiritually.
Only problem is when people deny it happened, then things get weird. Weight issues, same sex relationships, bad self image, feelings of unworthiness and feeling defective and depressed or the kicker of them all feeling you deserved it.

The mind might forget, but the body never will. Has to be dealt with or the body will find ways to manifest that and the coping skills will be different for everyone.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2011 05:46 PM
YankeeWhaler
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by YankeeWhaler
I say if folks are doing that and taking advantage of someone like that, it would come back to spiritually.
Only problem is when people deny it happened, then things get weird. Weight issues, same sex relationships, bad self image, feelings of unworthiness and feeling defective and depressed or the kicker of them all feeling you deserved.

The mind might forget, but the body never will. Has to be dealt with or the body will find ways to manifest that and the coping skills will be different for everyone.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2011 05:46 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Something that has been bugging me for years....

Originally posted by The Nuul
I was at the YMCA and in the hot tub. A young teen (13 or so) was by herself. A old man in his 50s came in and sat beside her (pretty close). I overheard him ask her what's her name and how old she is. At this point I became suspicious of him. They went into the big pool together. I want to call the cops and ponder on it for a bit. But instead I told the life guards of this guy. They said oh, he's a regular and we'll keep an eye on him. I left.

To this day I still believe I should of called the cops.

Thoughts?

Call the cops and say what exactly? There's an RJish dude and a young teen swimming together?

Definitely sounds creepy the way you describe, but it doesn't sound illegal, the swimming.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2011 06:46 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

I think there was nothing more that you could do. Robtard's right: Cops generally need to wait until a crime, so why would they come just because there's a scary old pool man with a little girl? I wish you COULD, but the problem is that you can't. Telling the lifeguard was a good decision, and that's the most you could really do. It then was upon him to take it seriously.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2011 08:52 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

I thought they banned Mist from the YMCA after the Kramer incident.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2011 09:04 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Dude, it's the 21st century. Find an inconspicuous spot and phone-record that sh*t. I would have hung around like a bad habit though, just to annoy him.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2011 10:11 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Political Voice
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Digi
Dude, it's the 21st century. Find an inconspicuous spot and phone-record that sh*t. I would have hung around like a bad habit though, just to annoy him.

Nah, you'd have hung around because you're probably into listening to that stuff. Amirite?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2011 11:36 PM
Political Voice is currently offline Click here to Send Political Voice a Private Message Find more posts by Political Voice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. X
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Digi

and all the time you'd be touching yourself?

amirite :-)

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2011 05:45 PM
Prof. X is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. X a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by Prof. X
and all the time you'd be touching yourself?

amirite :-)

He might've.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2011 07:58 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Robtard
Call the cops and say what exactly? There's an RJish dude and a young teen swimming together?

Definitely sounds creepy the way you describe, but it doesn't sound illegal, the swimming.
Leave rj out of this.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2011 05:08 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote