KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Crono vs. Link

Crono vs. Link
Started by: Veldar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Veldar
For great justice

Crono vs. Link

Hell, since everyone wants to fight Link or Cloud for som reason, Why not give Chrono (Chrono Trigger) a decent fight.

Who would win? I wonder?

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 08:57 PM
Veldar is currently offline Click here to Send Veldar a Private Message Find more posts by Veldar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dirkdirden
Senor Membber

Now this is a more evenly matched match.

Not too much information on Chrono though.

Even though I hate the Link fanboys I'm going to have to say link would win becuase chrono hasn't displayed anything that could beat link.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 09:03 PM
dirkdirden is currently offline Click here to Send dirkdirden a Private Message Find more posts by dirkdirden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

The problem is Chrono has never been in anything but Chrono trigger. Not to mention we have no idea as to his skill and power. A good fight, but I think Link wins because of his sheer arsenal.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 09:14 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MetaHybrid

Chrono is awesome character. He does have some amazing sword skill, probably better than Link. He also has some crazy spin attacks, and his spell magic is based mostly on the element of lightning. His most powerful spell Lumiera (sp?) can cause alot of damage, but It seems he has to charge it up for some time to unleash it. His Ultimate sword "Rainbow" is very potent, and would probably cause Link a whole lot of pain. If this were a sword to sword fight, no contest, Chrono wins IMO.

However, as said before Link has been in many more games, and his aresnal of items has grown powerful, and can cause trouble for the other sword weilding mute.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 09:43 PM
MetaHybrid is currently offline Click here to Send MetaHybrid a Private Message Find more posts by MetaHybrid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

*whispering* Fanboyyyyyy.......

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 10:05 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MetaHybrid

Are you referring to me? And is it about Chrono being a better swordsman?

Last edited by MetaHybrid on Dec 1st, 2006 at 10:19 PM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 10:16 PM
MetaHybrid is currently offline Click here to Send MetaHybrid a Private Message Find more posts by MetaHybrid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dirkdirden
Senor Membber

Do you really need to ask that question. Only 3 people responded. He's not talking about himself and he not talking about me so that leaves.......you.

nothing wrong with being a fan boy except that you will be called a fanboy. Fanboy

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 10:31 PM
dirkdirden is currently offline Click here to Send dirkdirden a Private Message Find more posts by dirkdirden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MetaHybrid

I'm being called a fanboy for stating my opinion? That's sad really. Thought this forum was cool.

I said I agree with both of you that Link would win, he has too many powers for Chrono to handle. In a sword to sword fight however, Chrono would probably have the uper hand.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 10:41 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I think this would be a good fight. Problem is Link's shield will prove to be a huge advantage over our favorite DBZ ripoff.

Link 7/10

Crono is badass enough to take 3 wins; however I don't see him getting past the shield.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 10:45 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MetaHybrid
I'm being called a fanboy for stating my opinion? That's sad really. Thought this forum was cool.

I said I agree with both of you that Link would win, he has too many powers for Chrono to handle. In a sword to sword fight however, Chrono would probably have the uper hand.

And you're basing that on...what? Your opinion? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 10:45 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dirkdirden
Senor Membber

You'll have to chill out on this forum; people will always call you a fanboy if your opinion differs from there, but most people who call you a fanboy are only saying that because they are either a hater or a fanboy themselves so its no big deal. There are tons of zelda fanboys so if you say anything negative towards link they will attack you.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 10:47 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Thought this forum was cool.

laughing you serious?

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 10:50 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MetaHybrid

Originally posted by IceJaw
And you're basing that on...what? Your opinion? roll eyes (sarcastic)

LoL I'm not basing it from nothing guys. big grin

I've own and beat most Zelda games, and I own and beat Chrono Trigger. Seeing the two in action, I would say that Chrono is better skilled with the sword. He does some pretty neat tricks with it. Like flying acress the screen with his sword in a trail of blue enegry for example, or jumping into the air slashing a boss 5 times in the head before falling to the ground. That's my opinion. You don't have to agree.

Now am I still a fanboy? because I don't like to be in that group stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 10:56 PM
dirkdirden
Senor Membber

LoL I'm not basing it from nothing guys. big grin

I've own and beat most Zelda games, and I own and beat Chrono Trigger. Seeing the two in action, I would say that Chrono is better skilled with the sword. He does some pretty neat tricks with it. Like flying acress the screen with his sword in a trail of blue enegry for example, or jumping into the air slashing a boss 5 times in the head before falling to the ground. That's my opinion. You don't have to agree.

Now am I still a fanboy? because I don't like to be in that group stick out tongue

yes still a fanboy sorry.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 10:58 PM
MetaHybrid

You'll have to chill out on this forum; people will always call you a fanboy if your opinion differs from there, but most people who call you a fanboy are only saying that because they are either a hater or a fanboy themselves so its no big deal. There are tons of zelda fanboys so if you say anything negative towards link they will attack you.

Oh I see. :P

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 10:58 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

What do you expect? Chrono Trigger is an RPG. It's bound to be more flashy, you know?

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 10:59 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

Originally posted by dirkdirden
There are tons of zelda fanboys so if you say anything negative towards link they will attack you.

Care to say who and why?

Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Can someone clarify which version of link were using, because it's ridicules tou use an amalglam of every link character in the zelda franchise. Never mind how unfair it is as well.

Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

If you think Crono can take Link outright, with no handicaps on Link's skills, you're insane. If you think Crono can beat Link in a swordfight, you're also insane. Crono can ONLY WIN IF LINK DOESN'T GET HIS SHIELD. If Link has the shield, Crono is ****ed. Even without the shield, I still give Link a 50/50 chance of winning.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 11:00 PM
dirkdirden
Senor Membber

Originally posted by IceJaw
Care to say who and why?

Just by asking you have answered.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 11:01 PM