KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Firebird was going to be in X-3!

Firebird was going to be in X-3!
Started by: TheOnes2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheOnes2
I am The Ones

Firebird was going to be in X-3!

I found this pic. Looks real.

Attachment: fenix68mb.jpg
This has been downloaded 380 time(s).

Last edited by TheOnes2 on May 28th, 2006 at 09:02 PM

Old Post May 28th, 2006 09:00 PM
TheOnes2 is currently offline Click here to Send TheOnes2 a Private Message Find more posts by TheOnes2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Les yeux clos
Wisdomous

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheOnes2
I found this pic. Looks real.
I don't think so

Old Post May 28th, 2006 09:13 PM
Les yeux clos is currently offline Click here to Send Les yeux clos a Private Message Find more posts by Les yeux clos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jimmy Buggs

why would she be on fire? the movie phoenix had nothing to do with the comic phoenix other then they were both jean.

Old Post May 28th, 2006 09:40 PM
Jimmy Buggs is currently offline Click here to Send Jimmy Buggs a Private Message Find more posts by Jimmy Buggs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

*cough Fake

lo lo Bromios lo lo Dendrites lo lo Eleutherios lo lo Enorches...

Old Post May 28th, 2006 09:53 PM
Prince Nauj is currently offline Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

i dont think so either. But i see where he's coming from. There is a sort of resemblce. but still a NO

-Halle Berry's Biggest Fan.:.Thanks Piggle Humsy-

Old Post May 28th, 2006 10:08 PM
SkinWalker is currently offline Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Does anybody remember at the end of X2 when Jean is holding the wave back and becomes engulfed in flames while doing it just before being buried beneath the water?

That tells me that before Brian Singer left, he was planning on portraying The Phoenix as a Flaming Bird. Not to mention the image of a Flaming Bird beneath the ocean at the end of X2 as well.

is it comprehensible.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post May 29th, 2006 07:08 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Les yeux clos
Wisdomous

That would be a good point if Bryan Singer had actually directed X3.

It would be harder to explain Jean manifesting flames than just kind of glowing and going all veiny.

Old Post May 29th, 2006 10:07 AM
Les yeux clos is currently offline Click here to Send Les yeux clos a Private Message Find more posts by Les yeux clos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marko
Supreme Member

although i leke the firebird i think ratners portrayl was amazin and did DARK phoenix justice. singer might have wanted to do the good phoenix plus if she was all flamey when she sacrificed it might only be because she was good.

Old Post May 29th, 2006 10:13 AM
Marko is currently offline Click here to Send Marko a Private Message Find more posts by Marko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I was wondering why she never did any fire stuff in the movie. You saw the flames at the end of X2. They were just forgotten in X3.

Old Post May 29th, 2006 10:37 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wolfie
I was wondering why she never did any fire stuff in the movie. You saw the flames at the end of X2. They were just forgotten in X3.

I think that was cut out because the directors switched

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post May 29th, 2006 10:40 AM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marko
Supreme Member

i dont i think the flames resembled the goodness of jean doing what she was doing but also the breakout of phoenix. i think the fired bird was only the release of power during the transition of characters and also this telekintetic cacoon the proffesor was talking about which is why wee see the bird outline under the water

Old Post May 29th, 2006 10:58 AM
Marko is currently offline Click here to Send Marko a Private Message Find more posts by Marko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

there wasn't a coherent reason for the pheonix, I know that the movies don't follow the comics to a T but why completely change the concept? The telekinesis cocoon and split personality idea is pretty lame.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post May 29th, 2006 11:05 AM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marko
Supreme Member

yea and this wouldnt.

'the x-mens forer collegue jean grey comes back after being taken over by an extraterestrial entity called The Phoenix. after being crushed b alkali lake this entity for no apparant reason came down to earth and took over her 'somewhat should be mangled body''

Old Post May 29th, 2006 11:08 AM
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

I think the pheonix just might have enough power to fix her body... I mean it being a cosmic force and all

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post May 29th, 2006 11:15 AM
Marko
Supreme Member

i no but in the x-men films there as been no relation or refernce to outer space!! plus i think this way with [SPOILER - highlight to read]: jeans death then maybe[SPOILER - highlight to read]: the entity was released when she died?

Old Post May 29th, 2006 11:17 AM
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

hmm i suppose you're right about the outer space part, i'm just picking up on parts of the movie that annoyed me as i REALLY like x men 2. i did genuinely enjoy the third movie though.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post May 29th, 2006 11:22 AM
Marko
Supreme Member

ditto the third movie was cool and although this may bit blasphemous to singer... i may have slightly prefered it to the other two...i dunno. i'm kinda psyked about my idea of phoenix now. i mean if prof x can [SPOILER - highlight to read]: enter another body after he has died then wy cant phoenix live as an entity?

Old Post May 29th, 2006 11:26 AM
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

do you mean seperate from jean grey?

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post May 29th, 2006 11:27 AM
Marko
Supreme Member

yea but i only mean the psyche i mean when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: wolverine killed her she was jean so maybe phoenix scarpered like xavierif the entity can exist on its own in the comics then y cant it in the film? we could get a firebird representation as it enterd a host...................or as it ploughed straight into [SPOILER - highlight to read]: jeans grave!!!!!!!!!!! followed by her rising however ressurection again messed damn i'm dissing my own theory

Last edited by Marko on May 29th, 2006 at 11:35 AM

Old Post May 29th, 2006 11:32 AM
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

It could enter a member of the brotherhood for the next movie. You know set up an ever bigger dark pheonix story. Or even magneto if the producers are going to cast him in a possible x men 4.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post May 29th, 2006 11:38 AM