KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Spawn... Okay, I just don't get it

Spawn... Okay, I just don't get it
Started by: srankmissingnin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Spawn... Okay, I just don't get it

Is Spawn really as powerful as people say he is? Now I read Spawn from issue one up to one hundred then stopped reading until... I'm not sure the issue (I don't have my comics with me) but Spawn is on the cover with his cloak around his head holding a machine gun, so I'm sure I missed some stuff but even so I just don't see Spawn being that powerful. It just seems to me that his feats are so vague and ambiguous that it requires the reader to just assume that he needs to be powerful to do them... but they just don't appear that impressive certainly not enough to warrant someone saying he is a match for Silver Surfer. However the majority of people seem pretty adamant on Spawns power level... which I find perplexing to say the least. I have gone through the Spawn respect thread and I still just don't get it. Am I the only one who thinks Spawns feats are too ambigous to have earned him the power people seem to think he has... or are the issues I missed vital in character development (even though I have seen scans and know roughly what took place).

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 08:56 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinkus Mayhem
Lord of Chaos and Despair

I agree with you. Sure we have heard about him and Angela taking on a weakened Malebolgia, but where exactly does that place him in regards to power?

Great thread srankmissingnin, I am very interested in seeing how this thread develops.

Sig by Quincy, the Dark Knight of Signatures!

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 09:35 PM
Dinkus Mayhem is currently offline Click here to Send Dinkus Mayhem a Private Message Find more posts by Dinkus Mayhem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dinkus Mayhem
I agree with you. Sure we have heard about him and Angela taking on a weakened Malebolgia, but where exactly does that place him in regards to power?

Great thread srankmissingnin, I am very interested in seeing how this thread develops.

Thanks a lot. I'm interested to see what comes from this too... even if it ends up being only Spawn fans taking a bit out of me. lol

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 10:17 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

The thread starter of the Spawn vs Surfer thread seemed to state that it was 2nd Age Spawn for that fight. This refers to Spawn after he had just killed Malebolgia and took over the throne of Hell. As a result, he became God-like in power with a seemingly infinite supply of energy, as well s the ability to pull any power out of his ass.

Some of his most notable powers included the ability to freeze time with just a twitch of his fingers, to hear the thoughts of every one in a wide area, and blasts that could melt the gates of Heaven. I know there were others, but I'm having trouble remembering them at the moment.

Currently, however, he is not that powerful any more, since his power was usurped.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 11:31 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinkus Mayhem

Where would that leave him in regards to power?

Spawn confuses me greatly, granted I don't read Spawn comics at all so that is probably why.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 04:13 AM
Dinkus Mayhem is currently offline Click here to Send Dinkus Mayhem a Private Message Find more posts by Dinkus Mayhem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Dinkus Mayhem
Where would that leave him in regards to power?

Spawn confuses me greatly, granted I don't read Spawn comics at all so that is probably why.
Ok first age Spawn is the one that killed Malebogia, fought Urizen.
Second age Spawn was ruler of hell basically, and gained a massive boost.(this is generally the Spawn we use in debates.)

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 04:15 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Broken Darkness

I grabbed my hubby for this one:

First age: Around Herald of Galactus level. Maybe around Firelord.
Second Age: Thanos level
Third age: around Silver Surfer

"Life is Complex... so am I."

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 08:24 AM
Broken Darkness is currently offline Click here to Send Broken Darkness a Private Message Find more posts by Broken Darkness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinkus Mayhem

Thanks to both of you, especially BloodyAngel for relating him to characters I am familar with. smile

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 10:01 AM
Broken Darkness

Not a problem. My husband is a huge Spawn fan, so it wasn't a big deal for him. He got me addicted to the animation, but he hasn't gotten any comics yet.

"Life is Complex... so am I."

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 11:50 AM
Broken Darkness is currently offline Click here to Send Broken Darkness a Private Message Find more posts by Broken Darkness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Weren't people saying spawn was skyfather level?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 02:31 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

K, I've still never even seen Spawn that was herald level it was just like the thread starter said, he would do something, I'd think "oh, guess he can do that" but it never really a definitive sort of thing for. Practically his entire moveset and abilities are vague to me. This is why I generally avoid Spawn threads

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 03:17 PM
marvelprince is currently offline Click here to Send marvelprince a Private Message Find more posts by marvelprince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

He's kinda like a magic user in a sense.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 03:30 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider999
Restricted

Account Restricted

second age spawn around thanos level??????? what! since when does thanos stop time, or have the power to melt image heavens gates, or is able to grow to the size of a skyscraper, i agree that first age spawn might be around herald level but second age spawn around thanos wow thats lame, anyway third age spawn is a weird being, he defeated urizen cause he had the green world power meaning all the powers of nature he hasnt used it much since which is dumb i guess, he defeated malbolgia with angela's help and malbolgia was weak, only reason he won is cause he has that lance i think, if it was full powered malbolgia they was fighting they both would probably have died horribly, second age spawn was even stronger then malbolgia cause he could hold angel's lance which kills or is suppose to kill anything from hell, even before second age he could hold it it would really really damage him but he didnt die which is suprising, he still beat angela by making her powers overload or something, third age spawn we dont know his power level i dont anyway but he has the legion supposidly this makes him more powerful then malbolgia ever was.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 04:35 PM
Mider999 is currently offline Click here to Send Mider999 a Private Message Find more posts by Mider999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Weren't people saying spawn was skyfather level?

Back when the respect thread was first put up, they were saying Spawn was as powerful as the Infinity Gauntlet.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 06:57 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Takion

Omg.

Thank You Scarlet Speed/Flash/Surfer/GL smile

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 12:21 AM
Takion is currently offline Click here to Send Takion a Private Message Find more posts by Takion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider999
Restricted

Account Restricted

i dont think he is as powerful as the infinity gauntlet even with malbolgias power's there where beings stronger then malbolgia, such mammon, and of course the image version of the devil and god, then you wanna get technical the cosmic mother is even higher makes you wonder if she's even higher then the one above all since image's god and devil may be up there with TOAA i say this cause they have the power to take on cosmic level entities well there underlings have which says alot about there power, but then again even heaven and hell could only contain urizen meaning maybe the green world is equal to god and the devil of image.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 04:55 PM
Mider999 is currently offline Click here to Send Mider999 a Private Message Find more posts by Mider999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Malbolgias was beaten by Chapel in his own Realm.. CHAPEL for crying out loud....

My Artwork

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 09:32 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Milkie

Originally posted by Mider999
second age spawn around thanos level??????? what! since when does thanos stop time, or have the power to melt image heavens gates, or is able to grow to the size of a skyscraper, i agree that first age spawn might be around herald level but second age spawn around thanos wow thats lame, anyway third age spawn is a weird being, he defeated urizen cause he had the green world power meaning all the powers of nature he hasnt used it much since which is dumb i guess, he defeated malbolgia with angela's help and malbolgia was weak, only reason he won is cause he has that lance i think, if it was full powered malbolgia they was fighting they both would probably have died horribly, second age spawn was even stronger then malbolgia cause he could hold angel's lance which kills or is suppose to kill anything from hell, even before second age he could hold it it would really really damage him but he didnt die which is suprising, he still beat angela by making her powers overload or something, third age spawn we dont know his power level i dont anyway but he has the legion supposidly this makes him more powerful then malbolgia ever was.

WRONG

Please Stop Mider. PLEASE!

First Age Spawn picked up the weapon from hevean twice the first time he got blasted into a pool of Necroplasma and the second time nothing happened. Also, Angela really didn't do much or anything since she got killed in that fight. Third Age Spawn's powers is really up in the air sense we really don't know what he can do. But we do know his powers is unlimited.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 11:17 PM
Milkie is currently offline Click here to Send Milkie a Private Message Find more posts by Milkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Milkie

Originally posted by Rols
Malbolgias was beaten by Chapel in his own Realm.. CHAPEL for crying out loud....

I don't know what you are talking about but that was Non-Canon.

Also, you might be new to Spawn comics or even comics and I want to let you know that not all crossovers Canon. Not even all of the Spawn comic series related to each other.

Example.

Curse of The Spawn is not related to The Main Spawn title.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 11:22 PM
Milkie is currently offline Click here to Send Milkie a Private Message Find more posts by Milkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Im talkin about Extreme Sacrifices and its Cannon, since its continuity..
I dont know much about Spawn dough..

My Artwork

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 11:36 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote