KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The Moment of the Month, hands down. (Astonishing #17 Spoilers)

The Moment of the Month, hands down. (Astonishing #17 Spoilers)
Started by: DarkCrawler

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

The Moment of the Month, hands down. (Astonishing #17 Spoilers)

Old Post Sep 21st, 2006 03:38 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

The Wolverine page was cool. Cassaday does the best facial expressions.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2006 03:56 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Awww I'm gonna miss kid Wolvie ....

Old Post Sep 21st, 2006 04:00 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kallark-Kent
Symbiote

I thought he was going to throw it and say dirty beer or something lol.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
Arcade Mountain: The Best Arcade About

Old Post Sep 21st, 2006 04:01 PM
Kallark-Kent is currently offline Click here to Send Kallark-Kent a Private Message Find more posts by Kallark-Kent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

wOOt! Logan's in his cups again.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Sep 21st, 2006 04:02 PM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

whos the guy with the gun?

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Sep 21st, 2006 06:35 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blair Wind
whos the guy with the gun?

Cyclops

Old Post Sep 21st, 2006 06:39 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

no expression

Im so confused with Cyclops lately......no visor? no beams? anyone care to explain whats been going on (emma bad?)?

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Sep 21st, 2006 06:41 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Apparently the only reason Cyke needed the visors/glasses was because he never truly wanted to control himself. I'm not sure if Emma actually helped him fix that though.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2006 06:44 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by Blair Wind
no expression

Im so confused with Cyclops lately......no visor? no beams? anyone care to explain whats been going on (emma bad?)?

wikipedia:
"In Astonishing X-Men #14, during an impromptu telepathic "therapy session", Emma Frost presented Cyclops with the possibility that his lack of control over his optic blasts actually stems not from physical brain damage, but from a sort of mental block that the young Scott imposed upon himself after the combined traumas of the loss of his parents, separation from his brother, and shocking manifestation of his powers; this is seen as a coping mechanism, giving Scott something to focus on and try to maintain some sort of control over at a time when events completely out of his control had effectively shattered the life he had led up to that point.

Surprisingly, Scott seems to admit that this theory is the truth of the matter, further admitting that he had even blocked making this decision out of his memory, to preserve the fallacy in his own mind and prevent others from discovering his "secret". The issue ends with Scott apparently in a catatonic state, with his eyes uncovered and displaying their natural shade of brown, with no evidence of his powers manifesting."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2006 06:45 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

i dont get it..what am i looking at?.i thought that the seeminlgy younger emma was well seeminlgy somebody else altoghter

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Sep 21st, 2006 07:01 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by manjaro
i dont get it..what am i looking at?.i thought that the seeminlgy younger emma was well seeminlgy somebody else altoghter

I think they are both parts of the same person, one bad, the other one worse, LOL. I love Emma.

All it took was a beer falling on his head to wake up Logan! Aint comics great!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2006 08:10 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by Validus
Apparently the only reason Cyke needed the visors/glasses was because he never truly wanted to control himself. I'm not sure if Emma actually helped him fix that though.

Damn V, that guy that wrote that respons eon ur sig seems like a real dumbass!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2006 08:11 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

The issue was awesome as usual...Joss actually conveyed Mind Control perfectly....question is why is it so confusing...

Going to miss you Emma(The one that got shot)...I swear if clones are involved I'm going to be really, really angry...

BTW My up coming Emma respect thread is officially f*cked up if Clones are involved...

Last edited by ExodusCloak on Sep 21st, 2006 at 08:48 PM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2006 08:45 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Bloody great issue.

I've never geeked out over Cyclops, but when i saw that page... Frigging awesome.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Sep 21st, 2006 08:57 PM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil Lance
DL

So how long will it take for Cyclops to go back to the visor?
You know its going to happen eventually

Old Post Sep 21st, 2006 10:11 PM
Devil Lance is currently offline Click here to Send Devil Lance a Private Message Find more posts by Devil Lance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

is it in reason to ask somebody to post it here, or the kick ass astonshing Xmen thread? either one is fine

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 04:19 AM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Devil Lance
So how long will it take for Cyclops to go back to the visor?
You know its going to happen eventually

Maybe he'll still use the visor, to vary his blast control fron massive to pinpoint accuracy. It will just be part of the uniform.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 03:20 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Just

Yeah, those were great. I liked when Colossus fainted too.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 11:40 PM
Just is currently offline Click here to Send Just a Private Message Find more posts by Just Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

hell yes... big grin

and to wonder, people used to scoff when i said cyke was my favourite character...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 24th, 2006 12:03 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote