KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Mike Fichera says spidey's strengh has gone up!!!!!!!!!

Mike Fichera says spidey's strengh has gone up!!!!!!!!!
Started by: ankur29

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ankur29
ankur

Smile Mike Fichera says spidey's strengh has gone up!!!!!!!!!

guys great new , 3 days ago i recieved an email form Mike Fichera (the official handbook wroiter of spiderman)

i had recently asked him wehtehr spidey's strength had chaned from the "other series" and what spidey's marvel.com bio meant by

"but his current strength level after his rebirth has yet to be determined"

(wheter it had increased or decreased from 15 tons)

mike Fichera replied on teh 19th saying

"Sorry I haven't been able to reply.
My jobs and kids and responsibilities have really hit hard this month.

I've attached a page from the Offiical Handbook Deluxe Ed Book of the Dead #17 - it's from the 80s, and Spidey's strenght has gone up, but it's a nice summary. Sentry's profile will be published soon."
-Mike

do not concern yourself with the other things in his quote other than "spidey's strengh has gone up" eek! eek! big grin big grin stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 04:12 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

sweet. Class 30 ftw

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 04:33 PM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

Re: Mike Fichera says spidey's strengh has gone up!!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ankur29
guys great new , 3 days ago i recieved an email form Mike Fichera (the official handbook wroiter of spiderman)

i had recently asked him wehtehr spidey's strength had chaned from the "other series" and what spidey's marvel.com bio meant by

"but his current strength level after his rebirth has yet to be determined"

(wheter it had increased or decreased from 15 tons)

mike Fichera replied on teh 19th saying

"Sorry I haven't been able to reply.
My jobs and kids and responsibilities have really hit hard this month.

I've attached a page from the Offiical Handbook Deluxe Ed Book of the Dead #17 - it's from the 80s, and Spidey's strenght has gone up, but it's a nice summary. Sentry's profile will be published soon."
-Mike

do not concern yourself with the other things in his quote other than "spidey's strengh has gone up" eek! eek! big grin big grin stick out tongue

what is it with you and stats?

sig by willRules

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 04:37 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

He just wants to see Spidey getting stronger.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 04:38 PM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

Originally posted by Arahan
He just wants to see Spidey getting stronger.

gets annoying once he's asked about stats for the hundredth time.

and do they really matter? it's not like writers stick to them anyway.

sig by willRules

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 04:41 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Re: Mike Fichera says spidey's strengh has gone up!!!!!!!!!

I've attached a page from the Offiical Handbook Deluxe Ed Book of the Dead #17 - it's from the 80s, and Spidey's strenght has gone up, but it's a nice summary.
-Mike

What?

His strength going up from the 80s isn't news.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 04:43 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jeffrodini

I believe this. The quotes from his email are the only parts with no words spelled wrong.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 04:44 PM
jeffrodini is currently offline Click here to Send jeffrodini a Private Message Find more posts by jeffrodini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Re: Re: Mike Fichera says spidey's strengh has gone up!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Black Adam
what is it with you and stats?

its not me , i just feel spidey's superstrength is not at all considered , he is drawn as an anorecsic kid as it is , but he can bench over 15 tons
his superstrength is never taken into account in a fight , he fights guys who are far weaker but can never get a KO ,he fights weaker guys and his superior strength is not at all potaryed ,him being stronger will affect his fights hopefulkly more wins big grin big grin

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 04:46 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

Re: Re: Re: Mike Fichera says spidey's strengh has gone up!!!!!!!!!

its not me , i just feel spidey's superstrength is not at all considered , he is drawn as an anorecsic kid as it is , but he can bench over 15 tons
his superstrength is never taken into account in a fight , he fights guys who are far weaker but can never get a KO ,he fights weaker guys and his superior strength is not at all potaryed ,him being stronger will affect his fights hopefulkly more wins big grin big grin

Yes Spidey should KO guys like Doc Ock or Vulture with just one hit.
The damn *holding back* thing is the excuse for the writers.

After all this years Spidey didnt learn how to control his strength
and hit humans or less pwerful guys with the neccessary force
to knock them out quickly. This is ridiculious yes but it is a comic.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 04:55 PM
ankur29
ankur

i am talking about figts with DD and cap they have nowhere near his strength

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 04:57 PM
ankur29
ankur

Re: Re: Mike Fichera says spidey's strengh has gone up!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Validus
What?

His strength going up from the 80s isn't news.

thast something else he was talking about

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 04:57 PM
Arahan
Silver Guy

Actually Doc Ock is human. He has no powers.
The only dangerous things are his tentacles but Spidey
punched Dock Ock before, he hit him a sveral times
but we all know that he could ko him with just one blow.

Same goes for DD. He has no physical superhuman stats.

One Spidey kick to the head and Matt goes to bed big grin

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 05:00 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

if spidey never held back and didnt care about killing in his fights they would go something like this.

vs DD
daredevil dodges for a minute or 2 till spiderman punches a hole in his chest. fight over.

vs. doc oc
spiderman dodges the tentacles for a bit then lands a kick on doc ocs head. dr. ocs head flies off his shoulders.

ect

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 05:46 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

Originally posted by Inhuman
if spidey never held back and didnt care about killing in his fights they would go something like this.

vs DD
daredevil dodges for a minute or 2 till spiderman punches a hole in his chest. fight over.

vs. doc oc
spiderman dodges the tentacles for a bit then lands a kick on doc ocs head. dr. ocs head flies off his shoulders.

ect

That would be awesome except for DD.
Spidey needs more powerful foes.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 06:18 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

So do you have the scan of the page he attached?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 06:48 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Black Adam
gets annoying once he's asked about stats for the hundredth time.

and do they really matter? it's not like writers stick to them anyway.
With things like strength they are... or else people will say things like, "he can't ko Ock".

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 07:32 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Originally posted by H. S. 6
So do you have the scan of the page he attached?

i do , but it has nothing to do with spidey's stats being upgraded , its from some 80's guide explaining strength in marvel or summin like dat

Last edited by ankur29 on Sep 22nd, 2006 at 08:23 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 08:17 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

i do , but it has nothing to do with psidey's stats being upgraded , its from some 80's guide explaining strength in marvel or summin like dat

Oh. I see.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 08:19 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

regardless of how many times i have said that spidey is class 20 now , and how many times other people have also said it , i do not think his upgrade will be to classs 20 , i think it will be just over 15 tons but under 20 , something like 18 tons

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2006 07:45 AM
Arahan
Silver Guy

I hope not. Spidey deserves to be in the class 20 range.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2006 02:58 PM