KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Adamantium bonding, Darkwind, and Bullseye: a theory

Adamantium bonding, Darkwind, and Bullseye: a theory
Started by: Darth Jello

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Adamantium bonding, Darkwind, and Bullseye: a theory

So there's been a lot of confusion about adamantium bonding and Bullseye's skeleton and contradictions between marvel bios and the comics so I thought I'd take a crack at it.

Adamantium Bonding: At some point in the distant past, Apocalypse independently discovered adamantium, for some reason decided to try and bond it to human bones, and then abandoned the project. In the 1940's, a young scientist and nobleman named Kenji Oyama became obsessive about Japanese pride and imperialism. He signed up as a kamikaze pilot at the end of the war but survived his run but with a severely scarred face. He found this, along with the surrender of Japan shameful and he started a Japanese imperialist cult on a private island with the desire to get even. He scarred the faces of his children in a similar way to his own and began referring to himself in the western way as Lord Darkwind, always hiding his face in shame.

Sometime in the early 60's someone brought him an adamantium skull. Seeing the possibilities and using the secret, darkest teachings of mikkyo, Darkwind devised a way to bond adamantium to bone in order to create a super soldier but for certain practical reasons, never bonded ribs or fibulae. In the late 60's, spies discovered his work and Weapon Plus agents stole his designs but didn't have the mystical knowledge, thus limiting bonding to individuals with enhanced healing.

In the mid 1990's, one of Darkwind's criminal trafficking operations was raided by a young Bullseye, the entire guard was killed and a young Lady Bullseye was inadvertently rescued. Darkwind began observing Bulls as an ultimate warrior. Upon learning that he had been crippled, Darkwind decided to kidnap him, heal him, bond him, and then insist on his services as his ultimate weapon.

How did Bullseye survive the bonding process?
Bullseye's spine and body were healed with mystical herbs and techniques, allowing him to get up in his prime just a few days after his operation despite having spent several months immobile.

How do you know that certain bones are bonded?
Nearly every major story arc since Daredevil #96 addressed the metal skeleton in one way or another. The only bones he has been shown breaking are his back leg bones and ribs after being hit by a bus at the end of the Murdock Papers.

Does Bullseye have a healing factor?
No. His skeleton offers him added flexibility and protection but he is still susceptible to brain injury, blood loss, certain broken bones, organ injury, etc.

Why does Bullseye heal so fast and why isn't he crippled at this point?
You've seen him impaled, skewered, shot through the hands, multiple body shots, etc. First of all, his skeleton is adamantium bonded, second and his suit is made of woven kevlar dense enough to protect against small arms fire, and to minimize damage from assault rifle rounds to the level of flesh wounds. Second, up until he was extorted by Deadpool, Bullseye was a well known and extremely frugal assassin who had built up a hidden personal fortune rivaling Norman Osbourne (to the tune of several billion). He had better than the best health care money can buy and after he joined the Thunderbolts up until DD killed him, he had Norman's implants and nanites making lightning fast repairs.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 07:00 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

It was implied to origins, if not mistaken which I dont think I am, that actaully romulas developed this adamatium and the bonding process.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 07:03 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

The earliest evidence of bonding was Adamantium human skulls in the savage land that apocalypse was experimenting on. He started doing it and then abandoned it.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 07:08 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 07:14 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

I know, I own the issue. Though I forgot the eons, part was in there. It was implied in Origins that Romulas was behind the entire weapon x program. That he showed them how to do the bonding proccesses, how to create adamatium and who to chooses for it. It implied he came up with it all and he is as old as apoc.

Last edited by Dum Dum Dugan on Sep 16th, 2010 at 07:38 AM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 07:35 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Hasn't he also been established to be somewhat of a braggart, liar and poser? A pretty pathetic character as well, fake claws and all? Actually, that makes him a lot like Lester...

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 07:59 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Last time I read Bullseye's bio, it said he had adamantium replacement bones in certain places for real ones; he didn't undergo a bonding process because he doesn't have a healing factor. Marvel has always been vague about how his spinal cord could have regrown after that fall back in 1982.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 04:14 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
Last time I read Bullseye's bio, it said he had adamantium replacement bones in certain places for real ones; he didn't undergo a bonding process because he doesn't have a healing factor. Marvel has always been vague about how his spinal cord could have regrown after that fall back in 1982.

The bios have, the comics are pretty clear

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 11:06 PM
GGS

No he hasn't got full bonding apart from maybe his spine as it's that has been stated in the comics, but full bonding all over his skeleton no otherwise he wouldn't be able to move.

He has thin strips inserted in to reinforce the bone not full bonding like Wolverine.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 07:49 PM
GGS is currently offline Click here to Send GGS a Private Message Find more posts by GGS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
john allerdyce
Whore!

did something happen that retconned the toxicity of adamantium? because if it is still toxic, then bullseye would have to have some type of HF to not be poisoned by the adamantium replacements in his body.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 08:04 PM
john allerdyce is currently offline Click here to Send john allerdyce a Private Message Find more posts by john allerdyce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by john allerdyce
did something happen that retconned the toxicity of adamantium? because if it is still toxic, then bullseye would have to have some type of HF to not be poisoned by the adamantium replacements in his body.

Unless someone can state otherwise, I think this is just largely ignored.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2010 11:35 AM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Again, my explanation would be that Darkwind's bonding process didn't factor in mutants, his designs were specifically meant for humans. Aside from the actual bonding, Bulls was treated with herbs and mystical arts to repair his spinal chord and speed up his recovery. These probably counteract heavy metal toxicity as well. There's also the possibility that there's something special about his adamantium since it was recently shown that he was somehow able to sneak within 300 meters of Magneto on Genosha and assassinate a mutant with a metal, poisoned needle.
Maybe he had enhancements from the NSA too? Hell, he's such a sensitive security matter that not even SHIELD has accurate information on him.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2010 09:06 AM