KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Black Baptist Churches Rock

Black Baptist Churches Rock
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Black Baptist Churches Rock

Has anyone been to a black church during a religous ceremony. As a Catholic who had to endure very, very boring Masses, I really like black churches. A lot energy, a lot of singing, and some of the best public speakers I've encountered.

Plain ol' church is boring. Go to a black church. You just may see Whoopi Goldberg riff with John Legend there...

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 12:13 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

A black mass during a black mass during a christian a church....Hmmmmmmmmmmmm is called the light

Blacks are usually baptists.........and FULL OF THE SPIRIT.

Last edited by debbiejo on Oct 9th, 2006 at 01:00 AM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 12:47 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

They are a lot more energetic, but I believe it is just their approach to worship. Typically speaking you will find Catholic masses aren't much more boring then a protastant mass. In fact sometime more exciting since Catholic ministers sometimes break out the hell fire.

Black Baptist Masses are more enjoyable then any white Christian masses (that was my generalisation of the day)

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 01:03 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Re: Black Baptist Churches Rock

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Draco69
Has anyone been to a black church during a religous ceremony. As a Catholic who had to endure very, very boring Masses, I really like black churches. A lot energy, a lot of singing, and some of the best public speakers I've encountered.

Plain ol' church is boring. Go to a black church. You just may see Whoopi Goldberg riff with John Legend there...

To happy for me, I might prefer a Vodoun gathering. Actually probably not much difference.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 06:34 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was also raised catholic and went to catholic school my whole life. That meant mass on every other friday. And I agree that your typical catholic mass is boring as hell. But the masses delivered in the original latin with the full-on choirs can be really beautiful.

But I did have an older black friend when I worked at the Men's Wearhouse. Both of his parents died in the span of a few weeks and I went to their funerals. Both of them were baptists and the funerals were very....exciting, for lack of a better term. There was shouting and big hats. Even those stereotypical hand fans you see in the movies.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 06:43 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Even those stereotypical hand fans you see in the movies.

laughing out loud I know exactly what you mean.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 06:59 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
But I did have an older black friend when I worked at the Men's Wearhouse. Both of his parents died in the span of a few weeks and I went to their funerals. Both of them were baptists and the funerals were very....exciting, for lack of a better term. There was shouting and big hats. Even those stereotypical hand fans you see in the movies.

It is admirable they have taken the religion and made it their own. That they have added vibrancy and energy and life to the services - very much brought them into the modern age.

And I agree about a full mass with full choir and done in Latin - one doesn't need to even be inherently religious to appreciate the beauty the Church sometimes possesses.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 01:52 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

Originally posted by Draco69

you should've seen our old preacher, he would be flipping down the aisles. erm

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 01:55 AM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote