KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Supernova.....?

Supernova.....?
Started by: Scoobless

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scoobless
sselboocS

Supernova.....?

Ok, who is he? and why did he steal Quasar's chest symbol?

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

One theory is that he's Superboy back from the "dead"

Another is that he's Captain Atom - not getting any respect in the old clothes/name?... get a new identity!

Or Lex Luthor - Why give everyone else superpowers and not yourself? what would be better for Lex than "out-heroing" Superman?

(ok... those last two were mine ... stick out tongue )

Obviously, he could be someone completely new.... or the Eradicator (Or anyone) in a different outfit.

The fact that he wears a full face mask seems to lead to the idea that he's a known character (why are there so few "full face mask" good-guy characters?... especially in DC )

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Oct 2nd, 2006 at 10:13 PM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 10:11 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Someone talking to him recently, was it Wonder Girl? Was talking to him and when he flew away she sais "Kon." as if she knew exactly who it was.

Captain Atom is already accounted for post Crisis, Battle for Bludhaven he became Monarch, as was originally intended over a decade ago.

Eradicator? No. He would be in Kryptonian garb, definately. It's his job to preserve Kryptonian Heritage. He wouldn't be running around in hiding- he's too forward for that.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 10:17 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

It's clearly Lar Gand.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 10:18 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Yeah it was Wondergirl that thought it was him, however, one year later in the Teen Titans series Robin and WW are sill morning Superboy. So I highly doubt it's him.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 10:18 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Validus
It's clearly Lar Gand.

Who?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 10:42 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by Scoobless
Who?

Mon-El

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 10:44 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

The guy from the Legion?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 10:49 PM
-K-M-

Originally posted by Scoobless
The guy from the Legion?

Yep, the Daxamite

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 10:49 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Validus
It's clearly Lar Gand.

Ok then.... so why was he wandering around Batman's cave? History buff?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 10:51 PM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Maybe it's Kal-L. If anybody reads Action Comics the Auctioneer came to Earth to steal some of Earth artifacts and sell them to cosmic bidders he scanned Earth and said there was not two but three Krytonians on Earth. Superman was surprised, he thought there was on him and Supergirl.

I am guessing this Supernova guy is a Kryptonian.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 11:35 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Well tehnically Powergirl is Kryptonian, but meh! Anyways yeah I read that issue as well.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 11:47 PM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by King_Mungi
Well tehnically Powergirl is Kryptonian, but meh! Anyways yeah I read that issue as well.
She is a Krytonian but she is from Earth-2. And there is a difference I guess. I guess I mean Power-Girl it too obvious.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 11:56 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by snoopdogg
She is a Krytonian but she is from Earth-2. And there is a difference I guess. I guess I mean Power-Girl it too obvious.

In JSA when Dr.Mid-nite she did scans and she showed she was kryptonian, but then later it didn't and then later showed she was Kryptonian.

Yeah I doubt they were including Power Girl, but does Earth 1 Superman know Powergirl's orgins anyways? as she hung around Earth 2 Superman when she found out and then was captured by Alex. I don't think they talked about it yet.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 12:00 AM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

In JSA when Dr.Mid-nite she did scans and she showed she was kryptonian, but then later it didn't and then later showed she was Kryptonian.

Yeah I doubt they were including Power Girl, but does Earth 1 Superman know Powergirl's orgins anyways? as she hung around Earth 2 Superman when she found out and then was captured by Alex. I don't think they talked about it yet.
I guess I don't know if Superman knows Power-Girl is a Krytonian from E-2. Does she have the K-nite weakness. Superboy Prime did not cause he was from the Mulitiverse also.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 12:03 AM
-K-M-

Originally posted by snoopdogg
I guess I don't know if Superman knows Power-Girl is a Krytonian from E-2. Does she have the K-nite weakness. Superboy Prime did not cause he was from the Mulitiverse also.

I don't think he does, but I do believe your right that the third Kryptonian is someone else. Yeah she did, and then didn't, and then did, and didn't...it worked sometines and other times it didn't. Superman E-2 was immune to E-1 krpyonite as shown when Batman pulled it out on him.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 12:30 AM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Power Girl is the result of Earth 2 Supergirl getting caught in the new universe, and the universe trying to correct itself around her, to give her a past, but is unable to. [While in reality, it's because every writer has written her with a different past to try to reinvent the character in a way that it will attract readers.]

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:52 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by Juntai
Power Girl is the result of Earth 2 Supergirl getting caught in the new universe, and the universe trying to correct itself around her, to give her a past, but is unable to. [While in reality, it's because every writer has written her with a different past to try to reinvent the character in a way that it will attract readers.]

Yep, such as being an Atleantean daughter of Arion was one.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:56 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Juntai

This kind of thing is why a lot of readers prefer Marvel

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:15 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

In 'reality' Supernova is just a re-hash of an old costume Supes wore when he was rendered completely powerless.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 04:48 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by grey fox
In 'reality' Supernova is just a re-hash of an old costume Supes wore when he was rendered completely powerless.

Really? can you find a picture?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 08:17 PM