KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Davy Jones question.....

Davy Jones question.....
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Davy Jones question.....

This might have already been discussed here, and it is probably a dumb question, but I can't get it out of my head.....

Will stabbed Davy Jones's heart (With Jack's help), thus replacing Jones as the captain of the Flying Dutchman.

BUT....What if Jones had stabbed the heart himself? Like if he tired of his existence and wanted to end it all? Who would replace him as captain then?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 08:35 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Does the Dutchman have a first mate? That's a good question. Maybe he is physically unable to stab his own heart.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 07:00 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

That's a very good question - would certainly make an interesting story.

I think the FD has a first mate... does she?

Maybe he couldn't stab his own heart. maybe its part of the "rules".

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 08:23 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

that iss a very interesting question...i bet that shark dude would take over. that'd be cool.

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 12:04 AM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Unable to stab his own heart? Never thought of that. Maybe Bootstrap?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 07:40 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I don't think Davy Jones liked Bootstrap all that much, especially after that whole son thing, lol.

(Will is back aboard the Dutchman hiding out)

Bill: Will! I thought I gave you my knife, heard you say you wouldn't abandon me, and take off!

Will: Yeah, well, I've decided to come aboard and stab the heart and take Davy Jones' place.

Bill: WHAT?

Will: Just kidding. There's no way in hell I'd do that.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 03:47 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

LOL So true.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 07:50 PM
Bwa Ha Ha is currently offline Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Should of just used the heart as shark food or somethin'...lol. Who would be the captian then?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 03:09 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToddianGirl
Rumors are EVIL!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willofthewisp
I don't think Davy Jones liked Bootstrap all that much, especially after that whole son thing, lol.

(Will is back aboard the Dutchman hiding out)

Bill: Will! I thought I gave you my knife, heard you say you wouldn't abandon me, and take off!

Will: Yeah, well, I've decided to come aboard and stab the heart and take Davy Jones' place.

Bill: WHAT?

Will: Just kidding. There's no way in hell I'd do that.

Lizzie: Damd It!

There is the mystery,the silence under the sea.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 05:28 PM
ToddianGirl is currently offline Click here to Send ToddianGirl a Private Message Find more posts by ToddianGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by Southern_Rebel
Should of just used the heart as shark food or somethin'...lol. Who would be the captian then?

lolz! that would be interesting...

maybe the person who threw it overboard would be the next captain...

do you really have to stab the heart? can't you squeeze it to death? shoot it? crush it? put it in a blender?

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2009 03:18 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Then wouldn't the blender be the captain? Lol. That would ruin things for whoever the future captains would be because whenever they would screw up, someone could say, "You know, a blender was able to do this job. Why can't you?"

Old Post Feb 17th, 2009 08:15 PM
Surreal_44

If the Captain of the Dutchman destroyed his own heart, I believe that one of three things would happen; Calypso would choose a new captain, the ship would simply vanish, or the ship would sail the seas for forever, its crew trapped between life and death for eternity.

Following movie-verse, I believe the most likely action would be Calypso would create a new Dutchman with a new captain. Of course, I base this only on my own imagination since obviously this subject wasn't really covered in the film. wink

As for whether or not Davy Jones would have been capable of making the choice to stab his heart, I would say "No". Considering the makeup of his personality, he held onto his "life" with the tenacity all petty, sadistic rulers do. He never desired death; he wanted only his vengeance on the world.

Really, it's very depressing when you think about it.

~Banner made by JES, avatar made by Veronica_Rich. Thanks, girls!!~

Old Post Feb 18th, 2009 01:23 PM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Surreal! Whow! Long time no see.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2009 01:35 PM
Bwa Ha Ha

Mhmm! Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the one who yelled at Impy a bunch when she made the 'LEWZMP' thread?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2009 07:44 PM
Bwa Ha Ha is currently offline Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

LOL willo

nice one, surreal (long time no see, at that xD) true, true... but hey, you never know, maybe one of these days he goes all berserk and would want to kill himself... xD

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 02:06 PM
Surreal_44

I totally forget, what was the LEWZMP thread? And if it was insulting or stupid, probably yeah I yelled at her, although I don't even remember Impy very well. :/ I have a dreadful memory.

Jaeh, Davy might have eventually killed himself, but I think it would have taken a long time since he seemed to derive so much satisfaction from watching people be harmed, whether it be physical or emotional pain.

~Banner made by JES, avatar made by Veronica_Rich. Thanks, girls!!~

Old Post Feb 20th, 2009 08:40 PM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by willofthewisp
Does the Dutchman have a first mate? That's a good question. Maybe he is physically unable to stab his own heart.

I think Maccus (the hammerhead shark guy) was first mate.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2009 10:32 PM
chilled monkey is currently offline Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by Surreal_44
Jaeh, Davy might have eventually killed himself, but I think it would have taken a long time since he seemed to derive so much satisfaction from watching people be harmed, whether it be physical or emotional pain. [/B]

hm, that would take an eternity, then. (pun, sorry, could not resist. xD)

a question: Davy J. could go on land once every ten years, right? how long could he stay on land, then? and.. what if he over-stayed? what would happen?

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 07:11 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I think it's from sun up to sunset because at the end of AWE when they are waiting for Will, it looks like sun up. My thinking is that the captain of the FD is physically unable to stay longer than that, that he would instantly be transported back to his ship and that would be that.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 01:28 AM
Bwa Ha Ha

The LEWZMP thread wasn't insulting (although LEWZMP herself is) but if it was you, then I remember you saying something about it being off-topic....

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 07:55 PM