KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Masters of the universe

Masters of the universe
Started by: K.Diddy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

Smile Masters of the universe

smokin' Found this on dvd the other day,one of my old childhood favourites,watched it again and still loved it,please discuss

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 05:46 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Face

The movie was alright Skeletor and Heman and the power of grey skull

Old Post Jun 8th, 2010 11:41 PM
Face is currently offline Click here to Send Face a Private Message Find more posts by Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChocolateCake

I bought this on dvd recently as it was a favourite of mine while I was growing up. I know a lot of people have will say that it is a terrible film but I think it is very enjoyable.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 10:05 PM
ChocolateCake is currently offline Click here to Send ChocolateCake a Private Message Find more posts by ChocolateCake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dave_97
Party Dave

its been a while since ive seen it (couple years) But from what i remember, i enjoyed it somewhat

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Jun 11th, 2010 12:37 AM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I remember enjoying it when I was younger, but probably haven't seen it in 10-15 years. If I remember correctly, it is one of those fun, but overly campy films. I also remember the keyboard thing, which sort of reminds me of the brain washing tune on Strange Brew.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2010 05:17 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hatchet

I enjoyed this film when I was younger and I still do.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2010 05:19 PM
Hatchet is currently offline Click here to Send Hatchet a Private Message Find more posts by Hatchet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

i remember this and i thought it was ok at best.....but to me it lacked in the Grayskull/Magic department......

He-man was not adam through out the movie i don't recall any of the other masters(besides Tee-La and Man at Arms)and noe that i think about it Cringer/Battle Cat wasn't on it either nor was orko.....

and when He-Man did his Iconic "I HAVE THE POWER" he made no transformation........

so if there is a new one in the works(like i think i have heard about) Id like most of these problems fixed...

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2010 06:23 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i hated the live action film.. a kickboxer as He-Man, an unknown courtney cox, a miscast frank langella

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2010 06:47 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hatchet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i hated the live action film.. a kickboxer as He-Man, an unknown courtney cox, a miscast frank langella

Frank Langella was great as Skeletor.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2010 10:44 PM
Hatchet is currently offline Click here to Send Hatchet a Private Message Find more posts by Hatchet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Hatchet

Agreed.

Now I Skeletor am the master of the universe...

Classic line and just a great scene.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2010 05:10 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MoviesBlaster
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah its good movie no doubt...

Old Post Jul 10th, 2010 10:56 PM
MoviesBlaster is currently offline Click here to Send MoviesBlaster a Private Message Find more posts by MoviesBlaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Hatchet

he was the only good thing about it

Old Post Jul 11th, 2010 09:02 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I saw this movie as a very small child. I don't remember hardly any of it.

no expression

I should see it again just for it's 80s-ness.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2010 10:54 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
God

I have always though that this is one of those films that is so bad it is good.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 01:31 AM
003 is currently offline Click here to Send 003 a Private Message Find more posts by 003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Never saw it. Didn't have confidence the Golan-Globus people would deliver anything good; since there was no franchise of films that followed, that seemed to be the case.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 04:06 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

Originally posted by roughrider
Never saw it. Didn't have confidence the Golan-Globus people would deliver anything good; since there was no franchise of films that followed, that seemed to be the case.

beer It wasn't the case,This movie is way too underated

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 07:17 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by dadudemon
I saw this movie as a very small child. I don't remember hardly any of it.

no expression

I should see it again just for it's 80s-ness.

try to catch it on a cable channel so u can turn it off if u don't like it

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 04:46 AM
Alpha-7
No.1

I have to admit that I have always been a bit of a fan of this movie.

Thanks to Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 04:36 PM
Alpha-7 is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha-7 a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha-7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NeoGills
Restricted

Account Restricted

I bought a dvd of this movie but unfortunately i lost it sad

Old Post Nov 16th, 2011 03:23 PM
NeoGills is currently offline Click here to Send NeoGills a Private Message Find more posts by NeoGills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mardook
Easier said than done!

I hope they take the cheesy material and elevate it. Its kind of a smash up of sci-fi, supernatural, and horror elements. They should consider all those elements and make them darker, grittier and grounded. The whole transformation of Adam was always cheesy: He-Man kind of looks like Prince Adam. I think this could work on a TV budget now and cast unknowns. There is some artwork online of a fan who did dark and gritty looking versions of Prince Adam/He-Man, Skeletor, Evilyn, and the rest.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2011 01:36 PM
mardook is currently offline Click here to Send mardook a Private Message Find more posts by mardook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote