KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Maybe Im missing Something...

Maybe Im missing Something...
Started by: Pirates life fo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pirates life fo

Maybe Im missing Something...

I am hoping people can come up with a list of 'facts' from the movies that prove Jack and Liz will end up together. Everyone is sure that it will happen and maybe I am just missing something. What clues have been given to us?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 06:40 AM
Pirates life fo is currently offline Click here to Send Pirates life fo a Private Message Find more posts by Pirates life fo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Re: Maybe Im missing Something...

What's your interest in this? Go watch the movie again.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 06:59 AM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pirates life fo

I have seen the movie. I just dont see how everything is pointing to Jack and Liz. Is there an interest there? Sure there is. Jack is the older, brave, daring pirate. Liz is the young fresh noble lady. Does that mean that it's now destiny that they get together?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 07:05 AM
Pirates life fo is currently offline Click here to Send Pirates life fo a Private Message Find more posts by Pirates life fo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

You re welcome to browse around this site, there are a bunch of threads that talk about specific scenes that suggest the J/L characters have feelings for each other. I don't say that they are going to end up together, they may or they may not. But there were to many hints in DMC that suggested that these two characters felt something for each other. And there are to many facts that pointed to this, that it would be impossible to leave it unnoticed in the 3rd movie.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 07:13 AM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrow

No one is certain, but I think if you've seen the movie, you ought to be aware of some things. The first is that the writers made use of a lot of heavy foreshadowing and symbolism. (They foreshadowed Jack's impending death more than once during the course of DMC).

There are other symbols, such as the compass, (if you haven't read the writers explanation of the compass, I suggest you see that as a point of reference as well). Also, there is a matter of the camera work. Whenever Elizabeth gazes upon Jack through the camera's eyes, the angle is always tilted up, symbolically, it's meant to state that she admires him. Also, there is the foreshadowing/symbolism of the wedding, or lack there of. First, it was raining on Will and Elizabeth's raining day, which is a sign of bad luck in Western culture.....

I could go on and on, but I think it would be more beneficial for you to watch the movie again with a more analytical frame of mind. That will lead you to a different interpretation. Some people think they're destined to be together, that there will be this mushy declaration of love.
I'm skeptical because that's not what the relationship is about. But it does seem as though the writers are heavily implying that Jack and Elizabeth are a better match for each other. Also, you might want to think about also reviewing the first movie's deleted scenes for a frame of reference for the second.

And, if you're still doubtful, I have other information that may in fact enlighten you from a more impartial judge.

It's not so much that it seems like d

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 07:16 AM
savvysparrow is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrow a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pirates life fo

Well for one I started the thread so I wouldnt have to browse through several thousand posts. And it wont be left unnoticed in PTOC 3. It wont just be forgotten but we cant say what brilliant writing may be done to change that. Nothing may change. It might end up being extremely predictable and everyone is right.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 07:16 AM
akanai

look at Mistypirate's image under her "peas in a pod love" wink

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 07:17 AM
akanai is currently offline Click here to Send akanai a Private Message Find more posts by akanai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrow

No one is certain, but I think if you've seen the movie, you ought to be aware of some things. The first is that the writers made use of a lot of heavy foreshadowing and symbolism. (They foreshadowed Jack's impending death more than once during the course of DMC).

There are other symbols, such as the compass, (if you haven't read the writers explanation of the compass, I suggest you see that as a point of reference as well). Also, there is a matter of the camera work. Whenever Elizabeth gazes upon Jack through the camera's eyes, the angle is always tilted up, symbolically, it's meant to state that she admires him. Also, there is the foreshadowing/symbolism of the wedding, or lack there of. First, it was raining on Will and Elizabeth's raining day, which is a sign of bad luck in Western culture.....

I could go on and on, but I think it would be more beneficial for you to watch the movie again with a more analytical frame of mind. That will lead you to a different interpretation. Some people think they're destined to be together, that there will be this mushy declaration of love.
I'm skeptical because that's not what the relationship is about. But it does seem as though the writers are heavily implying that Jack and Elizabeth are a better match for each other. Also, you might want to think about also reviewing the first movie's deleted scenes for a frame of reference for the second.

And, if you're still doubtful, I have other information that may in fact enlighten you from a more impartial judge.

It's not so much that it seems like it's destiny, but almost as though the writers have made it inevitable.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 07:19 AM
savvysparrow is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrow a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by savvysparrow

It's not so much that it seems like d

So you're saying that you think the J/E ending is predictable?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 07:21 AM
Pirates life fo

Dont tell me I need to be more analytical about it. I know symbolism and can read clues just fine. It wont lead me to a different interpretation. Yes they are showing an interest between the two characters. All I have been saying all along is that life happens and writers know that. Just because two people are interested in eachother doesnt mean its destiny. Maybe something will happen to Jack in the movie that partly changes who Jack Sparrow is.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 07:21 AM
savvysparrow

Well for one I started the thread so I wouldnt have to browse through several thousand posts. And it wont be left unnoticed in PTOC 3. It wont just be forgotten but we cant say what brilliant writing may be done to change that. Nothing may change. It might end up being extremely predictable and everyone is right.

So you're saying that the J/E ending is predictable?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 07:22 AM
savvysparrow

Something already did happen in the movie that changes who Jack Sparrow is. Have you even looked in depth at the character?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 07:23 AM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

you know why these 2 wil end up together....bc they are peas in a pod..nuff said lol

ok serioulsy. By the patterns we see, and so far through the clues and mostly our instincts tell us that it will definitely be j/l. The only confirmation we could get is when the movie starts.

There are alot of things that points to j/l.

By the way, I wonder if the compass is also going to be important in movie 3.

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 07:23 AM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pirates life fo

Originally posted by savvysparrow
Something already did happen in the movie that changes who Jack Sparrow is. Have you even looked in depth at the character?

I was refering to something happening in movie 3.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 07:25 AM
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

quote:
Maybe something will happen to Jack in the movie that partly changes who Jack Sparrow is.

What do you think it will happen to him? roll eyes (sarcastic)
what kind of facts do you go by that suggest something is going to happen to him?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 07:26 AM
Pirates life fo

Im not saying anyone is wrong. I was just playing devil's advocate. Almost everyone on this board 'knows' it's going to be J/L and feels that they will have wasted their money and the movie is crap if it turns out otherwise. Until you have seen the movie or read the script then you cant be so sure. And until that happens, why be rude and demeaning to people who feel otherwise?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 07:27 AM
Pirates life fo

Originally posted by Mistypirate
What do you think it will happen to him? roll eyes (sarcastic)
what kind of facts do you go by that suggest something is going to happen to him?

Im not talking about facts. The movie isnt out so how can you talk about facts from it. What I am saying is that we dont know.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 07:29 AM
akanai

yeah, thay can still change things.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 07:30 AM
akanai is currently offline Click here to Send akanai a Private Message Find more posts by akanai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrow

We're not being rude or demeaning. If that was your impression than I apologize whole heartedly. You sounded as though you were curious as to why we felt the way we did, so we were offering you suggestions on how to come to our conclusions. It's just that there is a lot of evidence to suggest that this will be the case.

Personally, I don't want a sappy ending. I would be happy if they at least implied J/E, but didn't have them outwardly declare it. Or, I would be content to see Jack sail off into the distance if it meant character development for him.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 07:31 AM
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

exactly like Mina is saying, something is making his character change, It happened in DMC. We still got a taste of Jack Sparrow, but there was something different about this character. And it clearly points out what has this character so changed. You don't have to over analyzed it. It's right in front of your face. It's clearly letting you know what's the problem with this character.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 07:31 AM