KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Wildcats Worldstorm

Wildcats Worldstorm
Started by: Deathstroke

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deathstroke
Slayer

Wildcats Worldstorm

Alright, so I bought Wildcats #1 and I thought it was pretty cool. The only exposure to the Wildcats other than this was the cartoon from the 90s. Now, I know basically who the main characters are and who the daemonites are, but could someone fill me in on a few things? Who is Kaizen Gamorra, and why did the Wildcats break up? I don't really know any of the back story leading up to this issue.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 06:48 PM
Deathstroke is currently offline Click here to Send Deathstroke a Private Message Find more posts by Deathstroke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Kaizin Gamora is the other half of Hadrian all evil.. The other is Spartans consciousness... Hadrian and Majestic both crashlanded on Earth during there war with Daemonites, Hadrian somehow turned evil and ask Majestic to kill him when this happened.. Pretty much the Jest..
Ive got to reread the series, I forgut why they broke up.. I know they were taught dead and Majestic formed himself a new Wildcat..

My Artwork

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 07:00 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathstroke
Slayer

Thanks for the info Roldz.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 07:04 PM
Deathstroke is currently offline Click here to Send Deathstroke a Private Message Find more posts by Deathstroke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

If you wanna read about other Worldstorm chars.. Pick up Fires from Heaven crossover and the mini... One of the best crossovers out there... for image/or all comic company out there, everyone is in there... And for Spartan check out his mini, not to bad...

My Artwork

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 07:11 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

The worldstorm event is a restart of Wildstorm continuity. Who can say for sure what ties, if any, it has to previous incarnations of the WildC.A.T.s continuity? I would recommend reading any WildC.A.T.s issues you can get your hands on anyway though. Even if they have no relevance at all to the current continuity they are still great.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 07:20 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathstroke
Slayer

I've been wanting to pick up some Wilcats TPBs but the comic shop I go to never has any.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 07:22 PM
HaSon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
The worldstorm event is a restart of Wildstorm continuity. Who can say for sure what ties, if any, it has to previous incarnations of the WildC.A.T.s continuity? I would recommend reading any WildC.A.T.s issues you can get your hands on anyway though. Even if they have no relevance at all to the current continuity they are still great.

Yeah but this issue takes place before the Worldstorm apparently.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 07:43 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathstroke
Slayer

Alright, so if Kaizen Gamorra was Hadrian's evil half then who makes up the Gamorran terror army? Are they human, half breeds or what? Also, it mentions New Gamorra. Did Kaizen found the city or something? Sorry about all the questions, but I've always thought the Wildc.a.t.s were cool characters and I've been trying to catch up on the last 14 years or so.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 08:20 PM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Yup Fires from Heaven took place way before Worldstorm..
Somewhere around 1996.. 20 issues.. Heres some scans..
3 Preludes, 14 Chapter, 3 finales
(please log in to view the image)

My Artwork

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 08:28 PM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Originally posted by Deathstroke
Alright, so if Kaizen Gamorra was Hadrian's evil half then who makes up the Gamorran terror army? Are they human, half breeds or what? Also, it mentions New Gamorra. Did Kaizen found the city or something? Sorry about all the questions, but I've always thought the Wildc.a.t.s were cool characters and I've been trying to catch up on the last 14 years or so.

Kaizens geneticly enhance Cyborgs, and some SBPs controled by him..
Worldstorm saga looks like Daemonites, lead by what looks like Helspont..

My Artwork

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 08:33 PM
Deathstroke
Slayer

Thanks again, Roldz.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 08:39 PM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Worldstorm Kaizen is clone from the original one so New Gamorra is probably same as the old one cept twast rebuilt kinda like Genosha in X-men series...

Ohh, no problem... Spartan and majority of image Char. in this forum are not too popular, is why im always happy to answer some image chars... questions..lol

My Artwork

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 08:58 PM
Deathstroke
Slayer

Alright, I have one more question. What is the Omnia Codex and why are the Daemonites after it?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 06:47 PM
Badabing
Karen

I just bought it but I haven't read it yet. I heard good things about Wildcats.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 06:48 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathstroke
Slayer

The first issue was a little confusing for me, but I still enjoyed it.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 06:52 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I bought the intro to World Storm and Authority #1

Both huge disappointments. Building dramatic tension is fine, but not a single member of the Authority appears in the issue (not counting the cover). It's a dude that loses his wife because of his job and investigates a submarine. A "door" makes one team member disappear, though they find a giant underwater ship, so it's likely it's not The Authority's Carrier.

...and the intro was worthless, unless you know nothing about Wildstorm in general and need caught up on the teams and such.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2006 05:09 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by DigiMark007
I bought the intro to World Storm and Authority #1

Both huge disappointments. Building dramatic tension is fine, but not a single member of the Authority appears in the issue (not counting the cover). It's a dude that loses his wife because of his job and investigates a submarine. A "door" makes one team member disappear, though they find a giant underwater ship, so it's likely it's not The Authority's Carrier.

...and the intro was worthless, unless you know nothing about Wildstorm in general and need caught up on the teams and such.

I agree 100%. The worst part is the fact that Authority is bi-monthly so it's a long wait. I like Grant so I'm sure this will read great in a collection but it sucks as far as single issues are concerned.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2006 05:59 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I'll probably just wait. Every Authority I have is a collection (aside from the Lobo one-shots). I'd rather wait and buy 5-6 issues at once, especially after the letdown of #1

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2006 08:06 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Originally posted by Deathstroke
Alright, I have one more question. What is the Omnia Codex and why are the Daemonites after it?

Ive heared this mentioned on a Wildcats backissues, maybe they finally decedid to explore this idea... Nobody know what that really is.. Another plot device like ALE/Hotu/EOL not that powerfull maybe..

My Artwork

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2006 09:52 PM