KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The Sentry (OFFICIAL Stats from TOHOTMU)

The Sentry (OFFICIAL Stats from TOHOTMU)
Started by: BlaqChaos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlaqChaos

The Sentry (OFFICIAL Stats from TOHOTMU)

This is from TOHOTMU - The Avenger 2005

KNOWN ALIASES: The Void, Golden guardian of Good
IDENTITY: Known to SHIELD, but the general public is unaware of his existence
CITIZENSHIP: USA
PLACE OF BIRTH: Unknown
KNOWN RELATIVES: Linda (wife, supposedly deceased)
GROUP AFFILIATIONS: Avengers associate; formerly partner of Hulk, mentor to Scout, owner of pet Watchdog
EDUCATION: High School Graduate
FIRST APPEARANCE: The Sentry #1 (2000)

HEIGHT: 6'
WEIGHT: 194 lbs
EYES: Blue
HAIR: Blond

SUPERHUMAN POWERS: Absorbing potentially limitless power from solar energy, Sentry is superhumanly strong, durable and intelligent, generates a powerful energy field and is capable of flight. His self-doubt manifest itself as the monstrous Void.

PARAPHERNALIA: Sentry uesd the sentient computer CLOC, high-tech Watchtower headquarters, and Watchwagon transportation.

POWER GRID (1-7 scale)
INTELLIGENCE: 5 out of 7
STRENGTH: 7 out of 7
SPEED: 5 out of 7
DURABILITY: 6 out of 7
ENERGY PROJECTION: 3 out of 7
FIGHTING SKILLS: 2 out of 7
(What catagory each number of the 1-7 scale is, can be found in the back of the Marvel Encyclopedia - which I left at home and will have to bring tomorrow.)

HISTORY:
Empowered by the enigmatic Professor's secret formula, high school student Robert Reynolds became a superhuman. After trouncing the school bully who had tormented him, Reynolds sewed together a costume and made his debut as the heroic Sentry. One of the very few superheros active during the years just prior to the Fantastic Four's emergence, Sentry gained new importance when the new wave of heros rose to prominence. Almost instantly deducing Spider-Man's secret identity, Sentry became a role model for the young hero, as well as an ally to the X-Men, an equal to Reed Richards and a friend to the outcast Hulk. The Sentry even battled Dr. Doom alongside the Fantastic Four and defeated his greatest enemy, the General, with the X-Men's aid. During this period, the Sentry married the love of his life, Lindy, and took the young Scout as his sidekick; but the arrival of the Void, a shadowy monster which exploited its enemy's greatest fears, ended the Sentry's charmed life. The Void nearly killed Scout, drove Hulk into a rampage, and murdered over one million people. Discovering that the Void had been the dark aspect of his own powers, the Sentry teamed with Reed Richards and Dr. Strange to create a system which made the Earth's entire population, themselves included, forget all about the Sentry. With the Sentry inactive and forgotten, the Void vanished.

Years later, Robert's memories slowly returned along with the Void, who rampaged across Europe. The Sentry contacted his former colleagues, but the only one who recalled their shared history was the Hulk. As the Void returned to Manhattan, the Sentry's former friends assembled to defend him and the city. Remembering the dual nature of Robert's powers, Sentry and Reed Richards re-activated the Watchtower, dispelling the Void and making the world forget the Sentry once again; however, Robert's memories of the Sentry soon returned, and he demanded to be placed on the Raft, SHIELD's high-security prison for super-vilians, claiming that he had killed his wife. During a mass breakout at the Raft, Sentry helped several other heros subdue many of the escaping villians. Inspired by this adventure, the other heros soon formed the new Avengers, but Sentry vanished and was reunited with them only recently.

There, now for all the vs threads or anything else, you now have Marvel's official stats on him. I believe that the 1-7 scale was also used in the Marvel Encyclopedias. I'll check tonight, and if so, tomorrow I will list what power range each number identifies. (But from how it's looking I'd say he's stronger than Superman, but not as invulnerable.)

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 09:49 PM
BlaqChaos is currently offline Click here to Send BlaqChaos a Private Message Find more posts by BlaqChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

INTELLIGENCE: 5 out of 7-That puts him around Panther level.
STRENGTH: 7 out of 7-Seems he's a high 100class, possibly limitless?
SPEED: 5 out of 7- This means he's not a light speeder. He can go super sonic and a bit above.
DURABILITY: 6 out of 7-This would mean he's on Hulk's level
ENERGY PROJECTION: 3 out of 7-This isn't very good, I think Bishop is a 3.
FIGHTING SKILLS: 2 out of 7-Eek, so he's around spiderman's fighting skill. Not good at all.

He sure got a massive downgrade.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 10:19 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
INTELLIGENCE: 5 out of 7-That puts him around Panther level.
STRENGTH: 7 out of 7-Seems he's a high 100class, possibly limitless?
SPEED: 5 out of 7- This means he's not a light speeder. He can go super sonic and a bit above.
DURABILITY: 6 out of 7-This would mean he's on Hulk's level
ENERGY PROJECTION: 3 out of 7-This isn't very good, I think Bishop is a 3.
FIGHTING SKILLS: 2 out of 7-Eek, so he's around spiderman's fighting skill. Not good at all.

He sure got a massive downgrade.

If Superman were in Marvel, His stats would be pretty similar to that of Sentry's.

Supes durability would be 6 as well, since he has weaknesses and can be killed.

Supes ain't a light speeder either. big grin It may look like that, but he's just going hundreds of times faster than sound, maybe a few thousand, which is no way near the speed of light. So Sentry's speed is similar.

On the 1 through 7 scale on speed, I'm going by memory on this one but, 5 is supersonic and above. Way above. 6 was like up to 99%percent the speed of light or maybe up to the speed of light or something like that. 7 I believe was warp speed, or beings that could transcend light going beyond it. Beings like Surfer, Gladiator, Genis, Quasar, and Thor(W/Mjolnir) have that speed.

He's probably smarter than Superman.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 11:22 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

ENERGY PROJECTION: 3 out of 7
FIGHTING SKILLS: 2 out of 7

Those are the two that bother me, I mean, a 3 energy projection is nothing.
I mean, Wolverine's energy projection is a 2.....so WTF?

The fighting skill is horrid, prof X is seriously a 2 as well.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 11:50 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wanderer259

His '2' in Fighting Skills would mean he's the average human brawler. He doesn't have a '1' due to the fact he can fight and isn't a non-combatant, but due to his immense power and supposedly being 'unparalleled' in the Marvel Universe, he probably hasn't bothered to learn anything beyond "I fly at you and hit you in the face with my fist".

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 03:20 AM
Wanderer259 is currently offline Click here to Send Wanderer259 a Private Message Find more posts by Wanderer259 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Sentry

He's probably smarter than Superman.

What makes you say that? Superman is pretty intelligent...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 03:41 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

Only pretty but not that. Sentry's a 5 same with Black Panther. BP even found a way to counter Galactus. To be ranked with BP is an honor.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 04:03 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Originally posted by pr1983
What makes you say that? Superman is pretty intelligent...

Reed acknowledged him in the Fantastic Four/Sentry one shot.
Reed said:

quote:
AND THAT WAS HIM IN A NUTSHELL -- HALF HERO, HALF SCIENCE GEEK.

THAT IMPOSSIBLE FORTITUDE OF HIS MATCHED ONLY BY HIS INSATIABLE APPETITE FOR UNDERSTANDING THE UNIVERSE AROUND HIM -- IT WAS WHY YOU AND HIM BECAME FRIENDS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Reed's intelligence makes Batman's look like child's play. Sentry's just a notch lower than Reed.

Supes intelligence in Marvel would probably be a 3 or 4 in the 1 thru 7 scale.

But you guys got one thing right, his energy projection and fighting skill got me worried.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 05:56 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlaqChaos

UPDATES

Originally posted by Wanderer259
he probably hasn't bothered to learn anything beyond "I fly at you and hit you in the face with my fist".

LOL!!!

Silly me, my mistake. The guide detailing what each level meant was in the back of the book; it was just in very small print filled with other crap. Here is what each catagory means.

Marvel Power Ratings
INTELLIGENCE
1 = Slow/Impared
2 = Normal
3 = Learned
4 = Gifted
5 = Genius
6 = Super-Genius
7 = Omniscient

STRENGTH
1 = Weak: cannot lift own body weight
2 = Normal: able to lift own body weight
3 = Peak human: able to life twice own body weight
4 = Superhuman: 800 lbs-25 ton range
5 = Superhuman: 25-75 ton range
6 = Superhuman: 75-100 ton range
7 = Incalculable: In excess of 100 tons

SPEED
1 = Below normal
2 = Normal
3 = Superhuman: peak range - 700mph
4 = Speed of sound: Mach-1
5 = Supersonic: Mach-2 through Orbital Velocity
6 = Speed of light: 186,000 miles per second
7 = Warp speed: transcending light speed

DURABILITY
1 = Weak
2 = Normal
3 = Enhanced
4 = Regenerative
5 = Bulletproof
6 = Superhuman
7 = Virtually indestructable

ENERGY PROJECTION
1 = None
2 = Ability to discharge energy on contact
3 = Short range, short duration, single energy type
4 = Medium range, duration, single energy type
5 = Long range, long duration, single energy type
6 = Able to discharge multiple forms of energy
7 = Virtually unlimited command of all forms of energy

FIGHTING ABILITY
1 = Poor
2 = Normal
3 = Some Training
4 = Experienced Fighter
5 = Master of a single form of combat
6 = Master of several forms of combat
7 = Master of all forms of combat

Now, let's put all that into perspective. In the books I have Captain America, Wolverine and Doop were the only people to rate a "7" in fighting ability. Even Daredevil and Electra didn't.

As far as intelligence, Reed Richards, Tony Stark and Doctor Doom all rated as "6" on the scale.

So, let's see how Sentry stacks up against some of the other powerhouses in Marvel. (NOTE: I didn't forget Hyperion, I just don't have a book with his stats.)

GLADIATOR
INT = 3
STR = 7
SPD = 7
DUR = 6
EP = 5
FS = 4

HULK
INT = 6
STR = 7
SPD = 3
DUR = 7
EP = 1
FS = 4

JUGGERNAUT (Old School Juggy)
INT = 2
STR = 7
SPD = 2
DUR = 7
EP = 1
FS = 3

THANOS
INT = 6
STR = 7
SPD = 7
DUR = 7
EP = 6
FS = 4

THOR
INT = 2
STR = 7
SPD = 7
DUR = 6
EP = 6
FS = 4

SILVER SURFER
INT = 3
STR = 7
SPD = 7
DUR = 6
EP = 7
FS = 2

DESTROYER
INT = 1
STR = 7
SPD = 2
DUR = 7
EP = 6
FS = 2

ABOMINATION
INT = 2
STR = 7
SPD = 3
DUR = 6
EP = 1
FS = 2

THUNDERBIRD
INT = 2
STR = 7
SPD = 2
DUR = 6
EP = 1
FS = 4

APOCALYPSE
INT = 5
STR = 6
SPD = 2
DUR = 7
EP = 1
FS = 4

ONSLAUGHT
INT = 5
STR = 7
SPD = 5
DUR = 7
EP = 6
FS = 2

S'YM
INT = 2
STR = 7
SPD = 3
DUR = 4
EP = 2
FS = 4

DOOP
INT = 7
STR = 7
SPD = 7
DUR = 7
EP = 7
FS = 7

GALACTUS
INT = 7
STR = 7
SPD = 7
DUR = 7
EP = 7
FS = 1

THE WATCHER
INT = 7
STR = 7
SPD = 7
DUR = 7
EP = 7
FS = 1

Hopefully this will help out some when trying to figure out how the Sentry ranks among the other big guns. Since Marvel has declared him the most powerful hero they have, he's probably physically stronger than most of the other (except maybe Galactus), but he's not as invulnerable as some of his peers.

Any question?

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 01:35 PM
BlaqChaos is currently offline Click here to Send BlaqChaos a Private Message Find more posts by BlaqChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

The only thing I have a gripe with is the energy projection, it's been said that he can control light, which should give him access to the entire light spectrum, and at a fairly good range. Whatever. We've still seen very little of him, so his actual abilities beyond saying that he's "really strong and can fly" are still open to conjecture, as far as I believe.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 05:58 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Originally posted by ScarletSpider
The only thing I have a gripe with is the energy projection, it's been said that he can control light, which should give him access to the entire light spectrum, and at a fairly good range. Whatever. We've still seen very little of him, so his actual abilities beyond saying that he's "really strong and can fly" are still open to conjecture, as far as I believe.

I must concer kind sir.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 06:03 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wanderer259

Thanks a lot for giving us the stat ranges, BlaqChaos. Now we can actually interpret this stuff for all the characters.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 06:28 PM
Wanderer259 is currently offline Click here to Send Wanderer259 a Private Message Find more posts by Wanderer259 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

I agree with others, the energy projection thing sucks. Oh well, now if we could just see him in action we could really gauge his abilities.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 06:58 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlaqChaos

Personally, I think the energy projectione should've been level 5, not 3. but I guess they don't to give him too much power.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 07:19 PM
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Khellendros
I agree with others, the energy projection thing sucks. Oh well, now if we could just see him in action we could really gauge his abilities.

This is the most intelligent thing I've read on this thread so far!!!!!!! smile

Energy Projection = Level 5

Um mm If the destroyer is a Six and Gladiator is a 5, i honestly think he should be a 6. I get the impression he's Kinda of Magneto and Superman roled into one character. Mind you Magneto only gets a five on the Energy P scale. smile As the scale clearly states its not about how much energy you can project, but the different types of energy you can wield. smile

Does anybody have the stats for BB? I heard he's usually a Level 6 strength, but he can become a Level 7 character.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 07:21 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlaqChaos

I thought that Magnoto was a 6. I'll have to check that when I get home. Who the heck is BB?

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 07:27 PM
Mainstream
lighting the way

Magneto gets a six for durability

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 07:29 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

maybe blackbolt

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 09:08 PM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Sentry
Reed acknowledged him in the Fantastic Four/Sentry one shot.
Reed said:

Reed's intelligence makes Batman's look like child's play. Sentry's just a notch lower than Reed.

Supes intelligence in Marvel would probably be a 3 or 4 in the 1 thru 7 scale.

But you guys got one thing right, his energy projection and fighting skill got me worried.

Superman is practically a genius... he converted the phantom zone into a paradise...

if sentry is more intelligent its not by much...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 10:43 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Originally posted by yahman
Um mm If the destroyer is a Six and Gladiator is a 5, i honestly think he should be a 6. I get the impression he's Kinda of Magneto and Superman roled into one character.

I thought he was kinda like Quasar or Genis and Superman combined. He formed a Gold Unicorn statue out of light and made it solid and gave it to Reed. When he battled Hulk in their one shot, he kinda blasted the Hulk with some kind of golden beam that immediately calmed the Hulk. telepathic abilities or maybe some kind of telekinesis maybe. We'll see in New Avengers 9. A whole group of heroes confronting him, with the Void coming, we should see him in some kind of action. Oh, in New Avengers 8, he kinda teleported away. Disappeared in a flash of light. Could have been super speed, but that would probably be highly unlikely.

Originally posted by pr1983
Superman is practically a genius... he converted the phantom zone into a paradise...

if sentry is more intelligent its not by much...

Your exactly right.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 11:10 PM