KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » What would it take for Batman to give up?

What would it take for Batman to give up?
Started by: Entity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Entity
Illuminati Founder

What would it take for Batman to give up?

What would have to happen for the dark knight to quit or to break his spirit. Just how horrible would things have to be in order for The Batman to finally throw in the towel and just give up.

Can anything do it, and if so what?

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Nov 5th, 2006 11:33 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

someone chops off his nads, and his member..

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Nov 5th, 2006 11:50 PM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Doesn't he have enough sexual frustration

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 12:07 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Entity
Doesn't he have enough sexual frustration
exactly

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 12:11 AM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

I wouldn't put Bats willpower up there with Cap's or Thing's or Hal's erm

But, it would take a lot to make Bruce just stop trying

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 02:38 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

He seemed pretty close to that point in IC so I guess it would take worldwide destruction. . .

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 02:45 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by Validus
He seemed pretty close to that point in IC so I guess it would take worldwide destruction. . .

or the abandonment of all his friends and allies erm

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 02:51 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

What about how low he started to get when Bane broke his back, imagine if something else had happened with that.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 04:19 AM
Smurph
------

What about how low he started to get when Bane broke his back, imagine if something else had happened with that.

Like what Nino suggested?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 04:56 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Like what Nino suggested?
i mean, i wouldn't want to continue living if i had no member or nads.....and imagine if you were a playboy who just shagged on your *no batman* time

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 04:57 AM
Wally West
Fastest Man Alive

I don't think he'd ever really give up. If someone like the Joker killed Alfred and Dick Grayson, that might push him really close though.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 09:44 AM
Wally West is currently offline Click here to Send Wally West a Private Message Find more posts by Wally West Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Why are we all assuming it would have to be a bad thing that makes him stop? Maybe he has a son who continues in Daddy's footsteps or better yet he could quit because goodness forbid, he might actually win his war on Gotham's criminals......

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 04:44 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

Originally posted by willRules
Why are we all assuming it would have to be a bad thing that makes him stop? Maybe he has a son who continues in Daddy's footsteps or better yet he could quit because goodness forbid, he might actually win his war on Gotham's criminals......
doubt that, maybe the first one might work, having a son, but there's always going to be criminals....

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 04:58 PM
NoFate007

Death of Clark, Dick, Barbara, Alfred, Gordon, etc + Abandonment from everyone else in the Justice League + Joker's death + old age.

Why did I pick those?...

1. Without the "Bat-Family", Bruce is totally alone, and the next people to branch out from are Gordon and Clark. Take Gordon out, you take out Batman's hold over the corrupt police bureau, and if you take Clark out, you give Batman a load of responsibilities on top of feeling bad about everything that's been going on.

2. If the JLA was to disband and not trust him after such events, he would be TOTALLY on his own 100%. Bruce Wayne vs the world, basically.

3. The Joker gives Batman a reason to fight - a sort of goal to achieve. If The Joker was killed, Batman would cease to be as big of a hero, and it would get to him after a while. He would start to feel useless and hate himself.

4. He's not superhuman. Old age can take the guy down. As good as Batman is, I don't think Bruce will be fighting when he's 90.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 06:03 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

What would take Batman to give up?

Maybe Broly? big grin
Or a night together in a room with Wolverine.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 06:15 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Hostess Twinkies.

Works for every other hero. Why not Bats?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 08:05 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

Bats has a quite a big will. One of the tops in comics no doubt especially considering he's totally human.

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 09:01 PM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Re: What would it take for Batman to give up?

What would have to happen for the dark knight to quit or to break his spirit. Just how horrible would things have to be in order for The Batman to finally throw in the towel and just give up.

Can anything do it, and if so what?
I'd say bats would give up the crime fighting biz if he was fighting the joker, and the funny man threw on him....

cuz thats just grose..... sick

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 09:05 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by NiņoAraņa
doubt that, maybe the first one might work, having a son, but there's always going to be criminals....

There's always going to be criminals, that doesn't mean there will always be criminals in Gotham yes It's an unlikely feat but hey it's a comic book, it's unlikely a guy will run around with underwear on over his trousers anyway big grin

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 10:44 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by willRules
There's always going to be criminals, that doesn't mean there will always be criminals in Gotham yes It's an unlikely feat but hey it's a comic book, it's unlikely a guy will run around with underwear on over his trousers anyway big grin

Yea, but Batman is kinda obsessed with crime even if Gotham did somehow become crime free, which i greatly doubt, he would just move in on Bludhaven or New York and get in Dick's turf or somewhere else. It will take more than lack of criminals to keep him from looking for them.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 10:59 PM