KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » aquantiences than friends??

aquantiences than friends??
Started by: shannstar79

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
shannstar79
Jack's Girl

Worried aquantiences than friends??

at the end of COTBP, IMO it seems will and Jack have formed a bond, like friendship, Will helps to resue Jack from the Hangmann he actually risks his life to save Jacks

at the beginning of DMC while talking to beckett Will says he and Jack are more like aquantiences than friends. would you risk your life for an aquatnience????

here is my question: why does will say that? maybe Elizabeth has been talking about Jack for the past year, or talking about how much she misses Jack and being on a pirate adventure, and will knows he cant give her that

I dont know what do u guys think?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 02:55 PM
shannstar79 is currently offline Click here to Send shannstar79 a Private Message Find more posts by shannstar79 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

I'm happy you brought this up..that line really bothers me cause it suggests that movie one literally meant nothing.all the jack/will friendship stuff were are lies? I doubt it it may have been that will was just trying to convince ol'bucket head that he's not so close to captain sparrow so he would let both him and liz go but he looks as if he means it so I guess the line is there to seuggest/explain the act Will is going to do in AWE. that he doesn't care for jack as a friend just someone he knows,used to likeand trust and looks up to for great plans when he seems to be on his side and that he doesn't feel so guilty for betraying him cause he's only aquientence not a friend. that's sad! cause will might not be my fave character but I liked looking at him as the straight character,the on ethat will never go wrong.anyways hope I'm wrong(am probably lol) i hope your posts prove me wrong.

Freedom...

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 03:24 PM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I know it bothers me too..It should a tiger doesnt change his stripes..IMO their friendship is not going to last. He turns on Jack in AWE..*******..seriously his character pisses me off so much.

jack's character in T&T's words is actually returning/being revealed to who he really is..which is a brave man who is capable of love IMO

I think will is doing this also he's returning back to the discriminitive character he once was althought things have still chjanged in his personality IMO, he will always have that horrible habbit.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 23rd, 2006 at 03:35 PM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 03:27 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shannstar79
Jack's Girl

yes Will's character bugs the crap out of me, he is wishy washy like he dosent know what he wants:
by the end of COTBP he seems like he wants to be a pirate, Liz even calls him a pirate
By the beginning of DMC he seems like he back to his old ways, dismissing the factthat he and Jack were actually friends at the end of COTBP. I think this line was maybe preparing the audience for the betrayal by Will upon Jack in DMC and AWE. Will is in fact squareing with the Pirate in his blood that Jack warned him about in COTBP

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 03:53 PM
shannstar79 is currently offline Click here to Send shannstar79 a Private Message Find more posts by shannstar79 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

yeah I agree. and the line "more aquentiences than friends" makes it reasonable for him to turn on jack cause no one can say "hey I thought they were good friends how come he's betrayed his friend?" anyways I know this is off topic but does anyone know an email address or something of Ted or Terry's cause I was just thinking maybe if we contacted them in some way and convinced them to pay as much attention to us as they do to KTTC that would be great..I mean I know it's the "official website" and all that but people have different point of views and we've worked harder than those KTTC people ever did I LOVE LovelyOne's theories and all the other stuff people notice and we have so many good threads and great fun RPs ,we've digged really deep (heck someone even noticed the STONE on jack's RINGS for god sake did the KTTC people inspect will's necklace?I think not.)and i think they should take the time to read this point of view and post here.i don't expect them to change the script or anything just cause of us lol(wouldn't that be great?) but I DO think it'll effect their furture decisions just really small decisions. maybe they DO read our posts who knows but better safe than sorry! sorry for rambling on like that. so does anyone know how we may contact them?(sorry again for the off topicness)

Freedom...

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 03:57 PM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I wish I know their email or what ever.

What bugs me with KttC is they really are very W/E based in the spoilers and specs section..kate said they delete J/E spoilers and such with no real proof that they are wrong. They tell J/E supporters to shut up through PM in the thunderdome when you show a lot of passion towards J.E (they did me anyway)

It wasnt about the way I spoke. It was about me posting to much J/E in the tunderdome they even complained in the actual thunderdoome itself too, telling me not to post so much J/E stuff yet the W/E shippers go on and on.

The only place where we can really talk J/E is in the spyglass..and there if you post speculation/spoilers it gets deleted..

I think they know the important people are looking at the speculation and spoilers section and they keep the J/E happy shippers out...they just keep them out of there in general actually. So many J/E shippers on that site have a fear of going into the specs and spoilers section..now I know why cuz they rip you apart and chase you away, or they ban you.

All the "important people" see is the praise towards the E/W spoilers..which is sneaky IMO KttC EW shipper mods know what they are doing..why is it ALL E/W shippers who are the mods in that section?

suspicious

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 23rd, 2006 at 04:13 PM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 04:04 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

that's EXACTLY MY POINT...if T&T keep seeing that the W/E stuff is being appreciated by all the fans they'll think that they're keeping everyone satisfied and they'll keep on continuing that's why I get the feeling KTTC(isn't it funny how the people in the site are bashing the person they got the name from lol I don't recall WILL ever telling ANYONE to:keep to the code!) doesn't want J/L mentioned to give the impression that there aren't much fans of the coupling around. as god as my witness..as god as my witness...I WILL FIND A WAY TO TALK TO T OR T AND I'LL INFORM THEM THAT WE"VE ALL BEEN wronged..it's no fair!!! if they only took the time to read HALF of the new and some of the old threads they'd know just how many people think differently

Freedom...

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 04:16 PM
calypso

On Wordplayer.com which is the T/T site, you cannot post spoilers or suggest endings for AWE because everything is an idea. And they have already been sued by a couple of people claiming they stole their screenplay, story or idea, etc. So, I think T/T are cautious about reading suggested endings and/or spoilers and that may be why they are deleted from Disney's KTTC. Hey they can gladly have mine.

I posted here on Sept 22nd my idea for an ending to AWE and found a post on another site posted on Sept 24 that was real similar to what I said, but I can back up my reasoning from my look at the scripts, the back stories in evidence and my study of the middle or second child of same sex siblings.

So, did I answer your question or confuse us all more. Sorry if I did.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 04:19 PM
calypso is currently offline Click here to Send calypso a Private Message Find more posts by calypso Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

they probably do look around the net alot..

but Pirates life fo works on set..and he had no idea how huge J/L had become (which doesnt bode too well for us)

..heck there are even entire sites dedicated to the pairing.

but I think they do look around the net for other sites..honestly even on non PotC boards and someone puts up a poll J/E wins out all the time. by FAR!

Also disney did visit youtube and they saw the MASSIVE surge of J/E vids and stuff and deleted them due to copy right infringment so I think they are aware of the hige buzz around this pairing.

also the 1 billion didnt get there because Will was with the girl Will is not the money of the movie. Jack is and he was with Elizabeth throughout most of it.

on this site it was like 20 something to 2

on KttC its 217 JE vs 87 EW shippers..dunno if thats still the stats though

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 04:22 PM
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

oh thanks you just mademe feel much more better..thank you. you're right. i mean they don't just make a movie based on what one single little site wants them to believe *sigh of relief*

Freedom...

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 04:29 PM
LovelyOne

Thanks Calypso for the info

Tee_pirategirl

I learned in film stuides that the internet is now a crucial place for info when it comes to how well a movie is recieved..Its also a great marketing tool with online trailers..Its a great place for movie makers to look to see how well their film is being recieved by the general PUBLIC and not the critics big grin

thats all that matters really. The public's view on it all. And its very J/E almost every where I go.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 23rd, 2006 at 04:36 PM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 04:33 PM
LovelyOne

even KttC has more J/E supporters on there than W/E supporters.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 04:37 PM
shannstar79
Jack's Girl

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LovelyOne
even KttC has more J/E supporters on there than W/E supporters.

Happy Dance

jack and Liz are so meant to be!

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 04:45 PM
LovelyOne

I was thinking. Even Jack shows hardly any concern about Will hanging there. I was like " huh? I thought they were friends??"

then as soon as Will mentioned Liz was in danger Jack (who's walking away) suddenly stops dead in his tracks. Only then he starts to try and escape. Jack sitting there means he wont die if he plays the part I think.

.If not then its still obvious Jack only musters the bravery to escape as soon as will mentions Elizabeth being in danger.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 23rd, 2006 at 04:49 PM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 04:47 PM
shannstar79
Jack's Girl

Originally posted by LovelyOne
I was thinking. Even Jack shows hardly any concern about Will hanging there. I was like " huh? I thought they were friends??"

then as soon as Will mentioned Liz was in danger Jack (who's walking away) suddenly stops dead in his tracks. Only then he starts to try and escape. Jack sitting there means he wont die if he plays the part I think.

.If not then its still obvious Jack only musters the bravery to escape as soon as will mentions Elizabeth being in danger.

I noticed that too. as soon as he said Elizabeth is in danger Jack does stop dead in his tracks
I dont know I mean tome something fishy is going on between will and Jack in DMC
IMO

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 05:02 PM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Ya this line has been knawing at me since i heard it too....i felt that bond and connection by the end of COTBP too....so when i heard more aquaintences than friends...i was like WTF!! and then he still correct Beckett when he just called him JACK SPARROW...Will said "Capitan"! if he shows that much respect to him then why just call him aquaintance!?

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 05:12 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shannstar79
Jack's Girl

Originally posted by PirateDiva
Ya this line has been knawing at me since i heard it too....i felt that bond and connection by the end of COTBP too....so when i heard more aquaintences than friends...i was like WTF!! and then he still correct Beckett when he just called him JACK SPARROW...Will said "Capitan"! if he shows that much respect to him then why just call him aquaintance!?

some thing else I noticed on the Captian scene
When Beckett said Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth and Will both counter it with CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW
If you notice the way Elizabeth says captain, she looks really pissed that Beckett did not respect Jack and call him Captain Jack Sparrow
now Will says it yes but, right after he says it, he glances over at liz and then looks down at the ground

that was odd to me

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 05:17 PM
LovelyOne

I think the real significant bond/relationship was actually Jack/Liz in movie 1. It seems like the Will/Jack thing should be the most important but its not..they chose not to continue that theme...they actually continued the J/E bond/relationship. That island scene with Liz in movie one was probably the most significant moment for Jack. (even Johnny says this on the lost disc edition)

But they also frigging cut the scene that is vital to movie 2 and why Jack is behaving the way he does around Elizabeth. Its all because of that Island encounter with her when she burned the rum. He's met his equal..his soul mate in her. These two had a far more important meeting of characters than W/E & J/W..and they had a far more significant scene together..the ISLAND scene that was both characters laid bare for what they really are(literraly layers stripped off). Its the most telling moment of Jack sparrow (according to Johnny and the writers/director) Its also the most telling moment of Elizabeth I think too. Its who both people really are underneath everything.

Will is not even given a scene like this.

They put THESE two together to show this depth in both characters for a REASON smile why did they feel it more important for her to have this particular telling moment with Jack and not Will and why did they choose to show this particular telling moment of Jack with Elizabeth and NOT WITH THE WHELPY BOY??

very interesting

Why does she not have a scene like this with Will..EVER? if its really him shes supposed to have depth with etc etc?

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 23rd, 2006 at 05:38 PM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 05:24 PM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Originally posted by shannstar79
some thing else I noticed on the Captian scene
When Beckett said Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth and Will both counter it with CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW
If you notice the way Elizabeth says captain, she looks really pissed that Beckett did not respect Jack and call him Captain Jack Sparrow
now Will says it yes but, right after he says it, he glances over at liz and then looks down at the ground

that was odd to me

Yes ur right the both countered it with Captain but then Will look at Liz and then looked to the ground and stopped saying anything and then only Liz continued saying CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW!! Hmmm i think Will was already showing signs of Jealousy!!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 05:39 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shannstar79
Jack's Girl

YEP,
thats kind of why I think maybe Liz has been mentioning Jack and Pirates (durring the time laps in between COTBP and DMC) Will shows signs of jelousy right off the bat IMO

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 05:43 PM