KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Klaus Badelt

Klaus Badelt
Started by: aniron

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
aniron

Klaus Badelt

An amazing composer, (not quite Danny elfman or howord shore but still amazing). After watching potc2 i just wanted to get to my piano and play the music! one thing i don't get is why his name isn't on the credits even though they used his music. (i watched that bit of film at the end that really wasn't worth the wait). Not many people think about the composer, but the music is great. What does everyone think about his work?

(ps he also does music to Ned Kelly).

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 01:07 AM
aniron is currently offline Click here to Send aniron a Private Message Find more posts by aniron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

he did the first film.

hans zimmer did the second.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 02:09 AM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

ye but they still use kaus' music. i love that music dum du,m dum dum dum dum dum dum. lol lol! I'm so drunk!

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 02:10 AM
aniron is currently offline Click here to Send aniron a Private Message Find more posts by aniron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

lol yeah some of it..

i love the pirates soundtracks. They are grrrrrrrrrreat!

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 02:12 AM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

it just makes me smile to hear the music. well exciting. do u play an instrument?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 02:15 AM
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

i learned the recorder in school... 4 years ago. thats all heh...

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 02:16 AM
aniron

lol, everyone learnt the recorder. i bet u played londons burning!

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 02:34 AM
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

nope!

hm. all i remember learning is hot cross buns and some special song for some thing that i didnt go to.. big grin

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 03:24 AM
aniron

lol ROCK ON lol!!!!!

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 03:30 AM
johnnyforever
[.Member.]

laughing out loud i do the same thing! i play, a little bit of Jack Sparrow, and a little bit of Davy Jones. i don't know why but i think i like hans zimmer better though. but i love both composers! i have both soundtracks and i love listening to them.

[madebyScottie][/madebyScottie]

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 11:29 PM
johnnyforever is currently offline Click here to Send johnnyforever a Private Message Find more posts by johnnyforever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrow

I think that Hans Zimmer also helped with the score for the first movie. Sometimes composers can come up with good themes, but it's difficult for them to orchestrate (deciding what instrument plays what) and so on. Also, I think Hans had a hand in developing the themes (like the Jack Sparrow one we all know and love so well) into a full fledged score.

It's fairly common for busy composers especially to have another composer help them. For instance, John Williams didn't write the score for much of Harry Potter two. He created the themes and another composer did the rest of the work.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 11:46 PM
savvysparrow is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrow a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
johnnyforever
[.Member.]

yeah Hans did help 'cause his name is on the back of the soundtrack for CotBP.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 11:50 PM
johnnyforever is currently offline Click here to Send johnnyforever a Private Message Find more posts by johnnyforever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

I didnt know u could get the 2nd soundtrack. is it much like the first?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 11:30 PM
johnnyforever
[.Member.]

yeah it's got the same concept, except (rhymes!) for some reason it sounds better. i've got both CD's btw

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 12:02 AM
aniron

coolio. I'll consider putting it on my santa list lol!

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 12:21 AM
johnnyforever
[.Member.]

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 12:22 AM
Imperial Logic
Obsessed and Possesed

Howard Shore is awesome.

Did anyone notice his cameo in King Kong?

And now for something completely different. . .
The Quote of Whenever It Is Next Changed: " 'You WILL go out there.' 'I won't and nothing you say will make me' 'The show must go on.' '...damn you.' "

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 12:41 AM
Imperial Logic is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial Logic a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial Logic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pirate4Life

omg i could listen to tat music alllllll day... they are geniuses...saints in my book...

Join the HENRY club!!

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 01:36 AM
Pirate4Life is currently offline Click here to Send Pirate4Life a Private Message Find more posts by Pirate4Life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote