KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » How effective is the Astro force compared to the Power Cosmic.

How effective is the Astro force compared to the Power Cosmic.
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lawest9

How effective is the Astro force compared to the Power Cosmic.

Just how powerful is Orion's astro force when sized up to the power cosmic or the power of Thor?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 02:18 PM
lawest9 is online now! Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Not very...

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 02:41 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

AF fails.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 02:49 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Depending on the level of the PC and it's user. For instance, it can't compare to G's but it can to SS/

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 03:18 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Re: How effective is the Astro force compared to the Power Cosmic.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lawest9
Just how powerful is Orion's astro force when sized up to the power cosmic or the power of Thor?

Thor doesn't have the Power Cosmic, he has the Odin Force. The PC is what powers Galactus and his Heralds.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 03:57 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

Re: Re: How effective is the Astro force compared to the Power Cosmic.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Thor doesn't have the Power Cosmic, he has the Odin Force. The PC is what powers Galactus and his Heralds.
I am well aware that Thor doesn't have the power cosmic but the odin force instead or at least a fraction of it, I was just asking for comparisons concerning the power set between the 3 energies.

I admit that I should have specified it a little better though.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 04:04 PM
lawest9 is online now! Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Re: Re: Re: How effective is the Astro force compared to the Power Cosmic.

Originally posted by lawest9
I am well aware that Thor doesn't have the power cosmic but the odin force instead or at least a fraction of it, I was just asking for comparisons concerning the power set between the 3 energies.

I admit that I should have specified it a little better though.

Oh sorry, I guess I missed the 'or' part. My bad. embarrasment

I'd say the ranking goes as such:

Full Power Cosmic
Full Odin Force
Surfer's portion of the Power Cosmic
Astro Force
Current Thor's portion of the Odin Force

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 04:11 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Ok, to begin with, the Astro-Force is far less versatile. The Power Cosmic and Odin Force can do many more things, the Astro-Force can blast and augment Orion's strength and that's it.

However, in terms of attack power, it's strength is immense indeed. I would put it above Surfer's blasts (at least most of the time, post-Annihilation he's been more impressive).

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 04:12 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Desaad

Depends on what you mean, I guess.

In terms of raw destructive power, I think it probably has the most impressive feat of the three users in contention here (Thor's godly essence, Surfer's Power Cosmic, or Orion's Astro Force) but outside of a few things here or there that is pretty much ALL it does -- destroy.

It's the wrath of the Source, the supreme 'being' of the DCU, so it's gonna be pretty impressive.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 04:49 PM
Desaad is currently offline Click here to Send Desaad a Private Message Find more posts by Desaad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote