KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Superman/ Batman Annual (DC Deadpool?)

Superman/ Batman Annual (DC Deadpool?)
Started by: db_renji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
db_renji

Superman/ Batman Annual (DC Deadpool?)

What did you guys think of the issue? I loved it. Especially the interactions between Deathstroke and DC's version of Deadpool (that was suppose to be Deadpool, right?). It was funny and a great read. I give it a 9/10. One of the best comics to hit selves in a minute.

Respect Superman Respect Captain Marvel Green Lantern

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 04:22 AM
db_renji is currently offline Click here to Send db_renji a Private Message Find more posts by db_renji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Post some scans from it.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 05:21 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
..:Sn0w:..

Yeah, I wanna see who you're talking about.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 05:37 AM
..:Sn0w:.. is currently offline Click here to Send ..:Sn0w:.. a Private Message Find more posts by ..:Sn0w:.. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathstroke
Slayer

I thought it was awesome also. It had great action and comedy. I love it when the alternate dimension deathstroke (deadpool) has all the knives, forks, swords and spatulas sticking out of him. The Clark/Bruce interactions were hilarious too.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 05:48 AM
Deathstroke is currently offline Click here to Send Deathstroke a Private Message Find more posts by Deathstroke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

I bought it but I havent read it yet erm

It looks kind of crappy if you ask me.

Waste of my $4, along with Seven Soldiers #1, seriously how the hell does Grant Morrison expect to get new readers when its impossible to understand what the hell is going on?!?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 06:23 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Grimm22

Waste of my $4, along with Seven Soldiers #1, seriously how the hell does Grant Morrison expect to get new readers when its impossible to understand what the hell is going on?!?
You didn't understand it? Did you read the individual stories leading up to it?

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 01:09 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Isn't Deadpool Marvels version of Deathstroke?

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 01:26 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by snoopdogg
Isn't Deadpool Marvels version of Deathstroke?
Yep.
Deathstroke is Slade Wilson, his brother was Wade.
Deadpool is Wade Wilson.
Similar costume, and fairly similar powersets.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 01:38 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

deadpool was created out of spite..cuz the guy who created DS got fired from DC so it was the last laff of a disgruntled former employeebig grin

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 04:05 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

Originally posted by manjaro
dead pool was created out of spite..cuz the guy who created DS got fired from DC so it was the last laff of a disgruntled former employeebig grin

I though liefeld created Deadpool....

anyway this issue was written by the guy that turned Deadpool from a cheap Deathstroke copy to the guy we all know today.

heres some pics...i don't have the whole issue so your out of luck.

http://img161.imageshack.us/my.php?...cture023ge4.jpg
http://img62.imageshack.us/my.php?i...cture024fe7.jpg
http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?...cture026ts2.jpg
http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?...cture029wv9.jpg
http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?...cture032gg9.jpg
http://img243.imageshack.us/my.php?...cture034rn3.jpg

sig by willRules

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 04:23 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Leifield created Deadpool. He creates mostly ripoff characters, check his history.

Meanwhile one of the greatest of all time, Marv Wolfman created Deathstroke.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 04:50 PM
HaSon

Originally posted by Grimm22

Grant Morrison expected people to read the lead in minis. Guess you proved him wrong.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 05:18 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Looks pretty hilarious... but the artist's no Michael Turner...

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 05:41 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by Doc Potato
Looks pretty hilarious... but the artist's no Michael Turner...

Thank God.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 05:48 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Turner does a great Batman IMO...

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 05:50 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

So let me get this straight.

Guy creates Deathstroke

Guy get's fired from Dc get's pissed and rips-off DC with 'Deadpool' (Already knew up to here)

Dc subsequently Rips off MARVEL Deadpool and makes him DS's brother.

It's like a wacky rip-off extravaganza. All because of Deathstroke. I'm hoping the guy who created him is frikken happy.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 09:54 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

Originally posted by grey fox

I have no idea what the hell happened.

fixedstick out tongue

Marv Wolfman created Deathstroke
Rob Liefeld ripped off Deathstroke
Joe Kelly starts his run on deadpool that transforms him to the wisecracking insane guy we know today
Joe Kelly decides to put the alternate reality Deathstroke in the story (that probably isn't even in continuity) as a joke.

sig by willRules

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 10:08 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by grey fox

Guy creates Deathstroke

Guy get's fired from Dc get's pissed and rips-off DC with 'Deadpool' (Already knew up to here)

Dc subsequently Rips off MARVEL Deadpool and makes him DS's brother.

It's like a wacky rip-off extravaganza. All because of Deathstroke. I'm hoping the guy who created him is frikken happy.
No.
Marv Wolfman, created Deathstroke.
Rob Leifeild created Deadpool.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 03:28 AM
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

*scratches head* i guess i stand corrected but i always thought it was done out of spite i could have sworn it was him, but i do know for a fact that somebody created a rip-off charcter out of malice tho.. it was either todd mcfarlane who based the look of Spawn on that guy(or somebdy else) that the cape killer caught the other day..his name escapes me but he's the black guy that spider woamn tried to warn...arrrgh i cant remember his name but todd created that guy.

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 05:49 AM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
db_renji

I think this story should be entered in continuity (except for the last part, where it gets a little out there, when the narrator starts explaining this epic battle). But everything else is much better than current continuity. Like Deathstroke's first mission is to kill Bruce Wayne. Or the first introduction of the Crime Syndicate...just sayin.

Respect Superman Respect Captain Marvel Green Lantern

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 03:33 AM
db_renji is currently offline Click here to Send db_renji a Private Message Find more posts by db_renji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote