KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Crossover fights

Crossover fights
Started by: *T*

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
*T*
Restricted

Account Restricted

Crossover fights

Last edited by *T* on Jan 19th, 2008 at 07:48 PM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2008 07:40 PM
*T* is currently offline Click here to Send *T* a Private Message Find more posts by *T* Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
*T*
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jan 19th, 2008 08:25 PM
*T* is currently offline Click here to Send *T* a Private Message Find more posts by *T* Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Old Post Jan 19th, 2008 09:16 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
*T*
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thank you.

Do you think that can be used in debates?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2008 09:42 PM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Well,the crossover is canon.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2008 02:00 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
*T*
Restricted

Account Restricted

But should people be allowed to use it seeing as some hate corssovers all together.

BTW like the MM vs Thor fight? lol

Old Post Jan 20th, 2008 02:07 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

A lot of crossovers are fan voted, and if not generally the outcomes are pre-determined rather than up to the writer's interpretation of the characters. So they call any crossover into some doubt.

I feel like they can be used in instances where the writing seems consistent with each character and their power set. But they are by no means definitive and final.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2008 03:52 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
A lot of crossovers are fan voted, and if not generally the outcomes are pre-determined rather than up to the writer's interpretation of the characters. So they call any crossover into some doubt.

I feel like they can be used in instances where the writing seems consistent with each character and their power set. But they are by no means definitive and final.

Actually, I talked directly to Kurt Busiek about the Thor/Superman fight. He said that he and his team of writers sat down and all agreed that Superman would win that encounter. It wasn't pre-determined, nor was it company politics.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2008 04:46 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Giant Man making contact with Flash ? What the f**k?

Cross-Overs = Crap.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2008 04:58 AM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Originally posted by *T*

BTW like the MM vs Thor fight? lol

notice Thor is no where to be seen for the rest of the fight?

shifty

Old Post Jan 20th, 2008 05:01 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
*T*
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by batdude123
Actually, I talked directly to Kurt Busiek about the Thor/Superman fight. He said that he and his team of writers sat down and all agreed that Superman would win that encounter. It wasn't pre-determined, nor was it company politics.
eek! Cool.

Originally posted by Martian_mind
notice Thor is no where to be seen for the rest of the fight?

shifty
Just shows how awesome MM is. cool

Originally posted by Faceman
Giant Man making contact with Flash ? What the f**k?

Cross-Overs = Crap.

He was distracted, it was the only way they could do it so they used some PIS for the fight.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2008 02:10 PM
*T*
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jan 20th, 2008 02:37 PM
Arahan
Silver Guy

the only porblem i have with that is, that thor fought like a
dumbass and didnt use all his abilities...but later in the comics
he says he has now his measure and a second fight would
have an other outcome.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2008 06:52 PM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
*T*
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Arahan
the only porblem i have with that is, that thor fought like a
dumbass and didnt use all his abilities...but later in the comics
he says he has now his measure and a second fight would
have an other outcome.
Yeah but when does he fight any different??

Old Post Jan 20th, 2008 07:02 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Of course that can change between writers.

And I don't like crossovers period.

For one the Superman Thor fight was stupid. Superman able catch Thor's blow mind swing, yeah because you know a million high, class 100s haven't tried that and gotten there heads pounded in?

Not to mention there are other highly dubious encounters on both sides in most cross-overs. Captain Marvel(Female Version) beat Green Lantern for crying out loud.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 20th, 2008 07:17 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

For the record, one guy has caught the hammer and decked Thor afterwards. Count Nefaria. So it's not unprecedented.

And almost no class 100 in Marvel is on Superman's level.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2008 08:44 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
For the record, one guy has caught the hammer and decked Thor afterwards. Count Nefaria. So it's not unprecedented.

Kurse....
Mangog...

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jan 20th, 2008 09:02 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Kurse, Mangog, Juggernaut, Thanos, Hercules.

Some may not be as strong as Superman but most are Wonder Woman level or stronger. That definitely puts them in his strength range.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 20th, 2008 09:07 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Ok, so I exagerated. stick out tongue I did say almost. Plus, Superman has almost infinite capability to get stronger, so he can beat most of these guys in a strength vs. strength match.

Thanos, Kurse, Mangog and Juggs could catch the hammer, I don't see the others doing it.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2008 09:43 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Ok, so I exagerated. stick out tongue I did say almost. Plus, Superman has almost infinite capability to get stronger, so he can beat most of these guys in a strength vs. strength match.

Thanos, Kurse, Mangog and Juggs could catch the hammer, I don't see the others doing it.
Hulk has infinite capacity to get stronger, Thor does as well, so does Juggernaut.

The hero factor isn't always the best evidence to prove a point stick out tongue

And the point was that most people as strong or close to Superman don't just catch the Hammer like Superman did and bash Thor in one punch.

And my biggest point is that the entire issue had large runs of Stupidity throughout. Unless you would willing to say Captain Marvel can beat GL Hal?

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 20th, 2008 10:03 PM