KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The Ultimate-verse being another ###-verse?

The Ultimate-verse being another ###-verse?
Started by: Soljer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Soljer
Beware my Power

The Ultimate-verse being another ###-verse?

What are your opinions on this? Should the Ultimate Universe just be another possibility in the mainstream Marvel Universe? Should 616 be able to visit Ultimate and vice versa? Cross overs? Yes, no? Opinions? Thoughts? Flames?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 03:40 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

No. No way.

The dimension-hopping, universe-twisting stoylines make 616 comics plots convoluted enough as it is. And it's nice to think of characters with a fresh start, having the chance to have plot elements tweaked, and characters redone.

I'm not saying by any measure that one is better then the other.

But they shouldnt be mixed.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 03:49 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

It's only a matter of time before the writers get lazy and do random crossovers.

But I agree. Keep them seperate.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 03:58 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

How about a crossover with 52 no expression

Then maybe something would happen in it laughing

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 04:22 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Ummm guy's ..... Ultimate-verse IS already a numbered universe.

It's Universe 1610.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 06:52 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

but do you think they should crossover?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 10:32 AM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

No way in hell! If the Ultimate verse turned out to be just another alternate reality within the mainstream multi-verse, there would be nothing to seperate it from all the other ones. Hell, even comic books like Exiles should steer clear of the Ultimate Universe. Please Marvel, don't ever whore yourself out on this one.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 10:50 AM
Dinalfos is currently offline Click here to Send Dinalfos a Private Message Find more posts by Dinalfos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putar
Battle Juggerpope!

The ultimate universe already connected to marvel zombies in the ultimate FF. They do alot of demensional traveling...
I wouldn't doubt if they did it! When it happens I will be PEEVED!

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 01:53 PM
Putar is currently offline Click here to Send Putar a Private Message Find more posts by Putar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

I actually wouldn't mind seeing the Exiles do a mission on Ultimate Earth

Or possibly an alternate Ultimate Earth where Reed dies early and they don't know how to stop Gah Lak Tus

smile

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 03:30 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

hmm...Ult. Wolvie meeting 616 Wolvie......

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 03:30 PM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I thought the Exiles were actually going to do a crossover with U Marvel. Something along the lines of Hyperion fighting with Ultimate Thor.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 04:48 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

If that's true, then I weep for Marvel.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 04:57 PM
Dinalfos is currently offline Click here to Send Dinalfos a Private Message Find more posts by Dinalfos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willRules
but do you think they should crossover?

I read something like that for Marvel ZOmbies just supposed to be actual 616 but then they don't want people thinking they ran out of ideas.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 05:13 PM
Fanboy is currently offline Click here to Send Fanboy a Private Message Find more posts by Fanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by DigiMark007
I thought the Exiles were actually going to do a crossover with U Marvel. Something along the lines of Hyperion fighting with Ultimate Thor.

But, then Ult. Colossus runs in and jobbers them all to death laughing

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 05:37 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by outarddwarf
The ultimate universe already connected to marvel zombies in the ultimate FF. They do alot of demensional traveling...
I wouldn't doubt if they did it! When it happens I will be PEEVED!

...and Marvel Zombies is doing a crossover with Army of Darkness. Not counting the 'Ultimate Power' crossover already happening.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 06:15 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

It's only a matter of time before the writers get lazy and do random crossovers.

Indeed, only a matter of time.

And everybody will be bashing it, and everybody will be buying it.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 07:32 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by grey fox
Ummm guy's ..... Ultimate-verse IS already a numbered universe.

It's Universe 1610.

I thought maybe making this bigger would make people read it.

Oh, and from Wiki: "Since then, Joe Quesada has reiterated his earlier claim that the two universes will not cross over as that would signify that Marvel had "officially run out of ideas."

And to add my two cents... No, the two universe should not cross over. Ever.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 07:53 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by H. S. 6
I thought maybe making this bigger would make people read it.

Oh, and from Wiki: "Since then, Joe Quesada has reiterated his earlier claim that the two universes will not cross over as that would signify that Marvel had "officially run out of ideas."

And to add my two cents... No, the two universe should not cross over. Ever.

We caught it, I assure you.

People simply continued on with the REAL question behind the numbering. That being, should the two EVER cross over.

And the answer, in my mind, in Joe's mind, and apparently in most poster's minds is a resounding 'no.'

And I'm pleased. smile.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 08:24 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Soljer
We caught it, I assure you.

People simply continued on with the REAL question behind the numbering. That being, should the two EVER cross over.

And the answer, in my mind, in Joe's mind, and apparently in most poster's minds is a resounding 'no.'

And I'm pleased. smile.

You're a silly goose.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 08:32 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

I think that's my fault... I started a rumour about the Exiles getting in the middle of the Ultimate Power story.

stick out tongue

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 09:26 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote