KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Ipod problems

Ipod problems
Started by: crazy_shadow

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
an_old_wonderer

Ipod problems

ok i can't find ANYTHING on their support site, or any of that crap about what's wrong /w my ipod.

before, i could perfectly add music and movies to my ipod without problems.

now that i've installed version 7.0.2, i try to add songs & videos to my ipod and it shows it going onto the ipod...but then it doesnt...

details : it'll show the loading bar on the top of itunes saying "importin 1 of 1 file" or whatever, and itll hit the end, then after that, NORMALLY it would bne on the ipod, but when i look...ITS NOT, in fact it didn't even take any memory off the Ipod...so that means it's not there

AHHHHH

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 11:24 PM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piggle Humsy
Wiggle4life

should have got a Creative yes

..T H I N K I N G.. ..B E E A N.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 11:26 PM
Piggle Humsy is currently offline Click here to Send Piggle Humsy a Private Message Find more posts by Piggle Humsy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Legendary Thor
Dark and Vengefull

YOure Srewed

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 11:27 PM
Legendary Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Legendary Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Legendary Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Red Two
YOure Srewed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 11:28 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scottie
poiuytrewq

Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
should have got a Creative yes
yes Yep get a creative like Me and Piggle

~ This person is my favourite person on KMC ~

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 11:32 PM
Scottie is currently offline Click here to Send Scottie a Private Message Find more posts by Scottie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

i'm not rich, i had a job and bought it. now i don't have one, and i'm not gonna go throw a $320 device away just because of an itunes not workin...just need someone who knows what they're saying about my problem.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 11:33 PM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 11:38 PM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bogen

uninstall itunes and reinsall the older version you were working off before, it's probably a glitch so wait a while before you install the 7.02 or whatever it is, Itunes are probabaly just aware that they fvcked up. As they do with every re release of the program

Facebook
Cheers starlock, your a champ. wink

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 12:07 AM
bogen is currently offline Click here to Send bogen a Private Message Find more posts by bogen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imaginary
blinded

The problem with your iPod is just that... it's an iPod. Customer service blows, the device itself doesn't work half the time and not to mention the warranty covers basically nothing.

I know it's probably not what you want to hear right now... but you should have gotten a Creative or iRiver.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 12:54 AM
Imaginary is currently offline Click here to Send Imaginary a Private Message Find more posts by Imaginary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Try this - I had trouble with my iPod a couple times and this fixed it.

Just let the battery run out entirely. Keep it on until it shuts itself off because the battery is dead, then recharge it.

Seriously, this fixes about 90% of random glitches that happen.

I've only had two problems with my iPod in the nearly three years I've had it and both times, doing that fixed it.

I don't know where people come up with this "it never works" crap with iPods...most people never have any sort of problem with them.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 12:56 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

Originally posted by bogen
uninstall itunes and reinsall the older version you were working off before, it's probably a glitch so wait a while before you install the 7.02 or whatever it is, Itunes are probabaly just aware that they fvcked up. As they do with every re release of the program
i tried that...it says it wont install because a newer version of the itunes library is installed...which i can't seem to hunt down so well erm

Originally posted by Imaginary
The problem with your iPod is just that... it's an iPod. Customer service blows, the device itself doesn't work half the time and not to mention the warranty covers basically nothing.

I know it's probably not what you want to hear right now... but you should have gotten a Creative or iRiver.

are you dumb..the warranty covers the whole damn thing, you know i could actually get a 2nd for free because they believe just bout anything? my friend went and got his sister one for free cause he had the warranty and said it was stolen!

Originally posted by Lana
Try this - I had trouble with my iPod a couple times and this fixed it.

Just let the battery run out entirely. Keep it on until it shuts itself off because the battery is dead, then recharge it.

Seriously, this fixes about 90% of random glitches that happen.

I've only had two problems with my iPod in the nearly three years I've had it and both times, doing that fixed it.

I don't know where people come up with this "it never works" crap with iPods...most people never have any sort of problem with them.

but it's itunes not the ipod, so i don't think letting the battery trick go on would solve much =(

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 01:56 AM
silver_tears

Marry me. Right now plzkthx.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 02:03 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker

I was just about to shower. Can't it wait?

Or , if not, I can Multi-task.

Last edited by Barker on Nov 12th, 2006 at 02:07 AM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 02:05 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~KoK!~
Sock Hunter

Originally posted by crazy_shadow
ok i can't find ANYTHING on their support site, or any of that crap about what's wrong /w my ipod.

before, i could perfectly add music and movies to my ipod without problems.

now that i've installed version 7.0.2, i try to add songs & videos to my ipod and it shows it going onto the ipod...but then it doesnt...

details : it'll show the loading bar on the top of itunes saying "importin 1 of 1 file" or whatever, and itll hit the end, then after that, NORMALLY it would bne on the ipod, but when i look...ITS NOT, in fact it didn't even take any memory off the Ipod...so that means it's not there

AHHHHH
You should take everything off you iPod, then put your iTunes on it, fresh and new.

W:5|L:2|T:0|

Nothing is true...everything is permitted.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 02:06 AM
~KoK!~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~KoK!~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~KoK!~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

Originally posted by Barker
I was just about to shower. Can't it wait?

Or , if no, I can Multi-task.

Multi-task plz.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 02:06 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

I'd advise just not updating your iPod. I updated mine and it got wiped. I had to rebuild it completely. It now refuses to display album art and play videos.... I'm not too bothered though, as I only use it for music anyway.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 02:07 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker

Originally posted by silver_tears
Multi-task plz.

Oh.. well, you're going to have to come closer..

Closer.

That's the ticket.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 02:08 AM
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by crazy_shadow
i tried that...it says it wont install because a newer version of the itunes library is installed...which i can't seem to hunt down so well erm

are you dumb..the warranty covers the whole damn thing, you know i could actually get a 2nd for free because they believe just bout anything? my friend went and got his sister one for free cause he had the warranty and said it was stolen!

but it's itunes not the ipod, so i don't think letting the battery trick go on would solve much =(

Just try it.

One of the times I had to do that to fix it was because I had plugged it in to transfer music and iTunes had froze, which then caused my iPod to not turn on (I have no idea why). If there's a glitch with your iTunes, it can cause one with your iPod.

And I also agree with Spoony - don't bother updating the iPod software itself. It's really not needed at all.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 02:14 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

Originally posted by Barker
Oh.. well, you're going to have to come closer..

Closer.

That's the ticket.

*steps on your toes*

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 02:17 AM
an_old_wonderer

Originally posted by TheKingofKINGS!
You should take everything off you iPod, then put your iTunes on it, fresh and new.

it already deleted everything when i clicked restore...i mistakened it for restoring itunes, but it restored the ipod, so i have nothing on it anymore... >.>
Originally posted by Lana
Just try it.

One of the times I had to do that to fix it was because I had plugged it in to transfer music and iTunes had froze, which then caused my iPod to not turn on (I have no idea why). If there's a glitch with your iTunes, it can cause one with your iPod.

And I also agree with Spoony - don't bother updating the iPod software itself. It's really not needed at all.

how to waste a battery /w out music nor movies in it :'(

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 05:27 AM