KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » The end scene of AWE

The end scene of AWE
Started by: LovelyOne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LovelyOne

The end scene of AWE

Now lets be realistic.

The ending of this Trilogy has to end on the man who made it famous in the first place..Will Turner in an ending scene is not enough to capture the audience emotionally enough to leave us saying "WOW what an ending to an amazing franchise" This has to end on JACK SPARROW..the last frame in this franchise has to end on Jack Sparrow's smiling face...in my opinion...they did this with movie 1..they knew they had to end on Jack's smiling face.

Know what I find interesting?

Apparently Jack leaving into the sunset with the whores is NOT the very last scene in the film.

Why is this ending where Jack sails off into the sunset such an over exaggerated version of movie 1's ending?..

I thought T&T hated Star Wars because movie 1 and movie 3 ended the same way.

UNLESS there is something else here that they are gonna twist on us when it comes to Jack.

In their commentary for movie 1..I'm certain they said by the end of it they want to see their character do something you never thought they would when you first meet them..we first meet Jack caring for himself? We see him leave the franchise caring only for himself?

Why dont I believe this corny..flat ending where Jack leaves with two whores into the sunset??..There is no bang in that ending what so ever..we have already seen this in movie 1..well Jack in movie 1 started one way and actually left with Elizabeth on his mind but it was very subtle.

They also say the ending has to be a twist and unexpected yet you always knew it was a possibility judging on what we have already seen.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Nov 11th, 2006 at 09:08 PM

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 08:57 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Exactly.....even though POTC2 was a great MOvie....i think ppl still felt cheated b/c it didnt end with JACK....i mean i know i did a little... u know there was that thing in the back of my mind like where is JAck? cause ideally ppl want to see him, but thats were ppl had to understand that its a MIDDLE MOVIE....so i think in order for ppl to be satisfied it does have to end with JACK....it is very realistic...cause even though there are several prominant characters JACK is what made the Movie!!!! Bottom Line!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 09:04 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Re: The end scene of AWE

The thing where Jack leaves w/ the 2 whores is that on the script, or is it proved to be false?

You know what will shock the hell out of me. Is if I see Jack leaving with the 2 whores a few minutes before the ending. And then forwarding in to the future with J/L ending. I think that could work out.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 09:05 PM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

i've never heard of the ending where Jack sails into the sunset with the whores? Did that actually come from a source--- or did someone just assume that it happened after that one measly picture of Jack filming a scene with the whores on a dock?

what are things we could never imagine Jack doing?

-lawfully marrying Elizabeth
-being governor of Port Royal
-killing Will or Elizabeth
-being friends with Beckett or Barbossa
-killing Gibbs
-moving to England
-taking off the dreds or eyeliner
-being involved in a fair swordfight
-flying
-wearing a British Royal Navy outfit
-joining the church- for real
-getting mushy and saying "i love you" to someone
-being clean
-brushing his teeth
-swearing off rum

but to be honest--- i wouldnt WANT him to do the majority of that stuff. wink

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 09:08 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Or Maybe Jack is walking off with the two whores to lead them to like GIBBS and the rest of his crew to introduce them....b/c he is now off the market and then he turns, takes LIZ's hand and they walk of together!!! lol

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 09:08 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

here's my mind dreaming/trying to work it out...

Jack sees Will and Liz get married. He decides to be the bigger man and try to move on. He celebrates with them, halfheartedly, and then sails off with the whores to find the fountain of youth. But he's scarcely a few days out to sea when he realizes he cant walk away.
Meanwhile, Will has stabbed the heart and sailed off on the flying dutchman.

Jack shows up, comforts Elizabeth and offers her a place aboard the pearl. Not only will this allow her adventure, she can visit will whenever she wants and enjoy Jack's company. wink

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 09:10 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

quote: (post)
Originally posted by PirateDiva
Exactly.....even though POTC2 was a great MOvie....i think ppl still felt cheated b/c it didnt end with JACK....i mean i know i did a little... u know there was that thing in the back of my mind like where is JAck? cause ideally ppl want to see him, but thats were ppl had to understand that its a MIDDLE MOVIE....so i think in order for ppl to be satisfied it does have to end with JACK....it is very realistic...cause even though there are several prominant characters JACK is what made the Movie!!!! Bottom Line!!

IMO movie 2 was ok to not end on Jack..Its not the last we will be seeing of him in a while..we know he's going to come back..and he did have the most dramatic exit in the movie so it really did end with only Jack on our minds.

If movie 3 is wrapping up a trilogy its got to end on Jack..the last frame has to close on him.

but Jack leaving as we have already seen him leave at the end of a story once before is not gonna be enough to give us the WOW factor..his character needs more closure than that...he needs to end this movie in the very last scene

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 09:10 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

Okay--- here's a thought.

the final frame of Jack was going towards the horizon--- free, happy, with his ship, after treasure.

so the logical growth/reversal shot for 3 to end on would be Jack sailing TO Port Royal (or someplace), and choosing to step onto land, towards someone.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 09:12 PM
LovelyOne

Jack did leave into the horizon..but he did appear to have something more on his mind than what he had whilst entering the movie.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 09:15 PM
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Wait a minute, so that would mean that the belongs to Will. Noooo I wouldn't like that ending. Will has to stab the heart the second he gets married, Jack has to be there watching them get married heartbroken and miserable. He sees that the eunuch has stabed the heart, Jack gets there comforts Liz and the end.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 09:15 PM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

guys, im sorry, but they would not waste time on a wedding if it isnt consumated. it wouldnt make any sense.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 09:16 PM
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

So IYO E/W will consummate their marriage? sad

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 09:18 PM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Originally posted by LovelyOne
IMO movie 2 was ok to not end on Jack..Its not the last we will be seeing of him in a while..we know he's going to come back..and he did have the most dramatic exit in the movie so it really did end with only Jack on our minds.

If movie 3 is wrapping up a trilogy its got to end on Jack..the last frame has to close on him.

but Jack leaving as we have already seen him leave at the end of a story once before is not gonna be enough to give us the WOW factor..his character needs more closure than that...he needs to end this movie in the very last scene

Well i know that, thats why i said thats when ppl had to understand it was a Middle movie so it was ok.....but my point is that ppl feel like the protagonist should end the film.... so im just comparing the empty feeling in POTC2 and if POTC3 should end with anyone other than JACK that empty feeling will TRIPLE leaving a lot of angry ppl!!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 09:19 PM
LovelyOne

I agree Kate..in one way.

but when you think back to the end of DMC. Elizabeth Killed a man...KILLED a man so that she could be with Will you would think that was a big statement of where her heart truly lies..but what did we actually see afterward?

I've said this hundreds of times...T&T say the all the closure needed is in DMC ..I sense we may see this repeated but on a much larger scale..they said if they were to end the franchise now they would have ended it getting the point across and would be fine with leaving PotC like this.

Obviously most people left that movie believing Elizabeth loved Jack even after making a pretty big statement that she chose Will.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Nov 11th, 2006 at 09:26 PM

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 09:19 PM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Originally posted by LovelyOne
Jack did leave into the horizon..but he did appear to have something more on his mind than what he had whilst entering the movie.

Ya there was a TWINKLE in his eye....a TWINKLE named LIZ!!! big grin

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 09:21 PM
LovelyOne

nop^^ he was singing the pirates song she taught him on the beach..the night they were dancing around having fun..the night he met a woman who actually left him speechless.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 09:24 PM
Alina
Pessimist

Originally posted by Mistypirate
Wait a minute, so that would mean that the belongs to Will. Noooo I wouldn't like that ending. Will has to stab the heart the second he gets married, Jack has to be there watching them get married heartbroken and miserable. He sees that the eunuch has stabed the heart, Jack gets there comforts Liz and the end.

I thought that whole Baby-thing was cut confused
But even IF it was in, I believe the child was supposed to look like Will AND Jack. Will and Liz are separated again in AWE, she is with Jack when they meet Teague, who knows what can happen while they are together? We might get an implied "love-scene". Something with them sharing a passionate look, then Liz walking into Jack's cabin and Jack shutting the door after her with a huge smirk...I dunno. But I think I would take the Baby-ending to the rumoured Elizabeth becomes Mrs Fish-face...

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 09:25 PM
Alina is currently offline Click here to Send Alina a Private Message Find more posts by Alina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

nop^^ he was singing the pirates song she taught him on the beach..the night they were dancing around having fun..the night he met a woman who actually left him speechless. -LOVELYONE

^^whats nop mean?

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 09:26 PM
LovelyOne

nope** lol
well yeah..he did leave with the Lizzie twinkle in his eye whilst singing that song

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 09:27 PM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Originally posted by Alina
I thought that whole Baby-thing was cut confused
But even IF it was in, I believe the child was supposed to look like Will AND Jack. Will and Liz are separated again in AWE, she is with Jack when they meet Teague, who knows what can happen while they are together? We might get an implied "love-scene". Something with them sharing a passionate look, then Liz walking into Jack's cabin and Jack shutting the door after her with a huge smirk...I dunno. But I think I would take the Baby-ending to the rumoured Elizabeth becomes Mrs Fish-face...

Ya implied sex scene....i mean that would be a way to spice it up....u know LIZ not knowing who the baby belongs too would be a hell of an interesting story!!! LMAO!!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Nov 11th, 2006 09:29 PM