KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » A "what is the point" question

A "what is the point" question
Started by: LovelyOne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LovelyOne

A "what is the point" question

I just gotta say it

If this franchise/trilogy is not going to end J/E in some way then IMO Will and Elizabeth as characters need not have been brought back into the story at all. They ended movie 1 together they could have just stayed there.

They must have been brought back in order for them to all end in another direction otherwise W/E are just not needed in the story at all IMO.

They could have made this about Jack and a new love interest for him and a whole new story based on him..and we would have known Will and Elizabeth were all happy back in Port Royal where Jack left them in his last adventure.

just my 2 cents..

come to think of it.....if nothing new is going to emerge out of the ending of AWE when it comes to the characters of Jack, Will and Elizabeth then sequels were not needed at all IMO

What message do they actually establish as a franchise/trilogy if everything ends the same way as movie 1?? What do we actually learn about our favorite characters by the end of this trilogy?? That Jack can be a whore loving pirate who cares only for himself..and that Will/Elizabeth can be together forever?..wait a sec...didnt movie 1 tell us this already?..why make a whole 2 new movies to end on exactly the same page?

Ted and Terry have said repeatedly that they hate star wars 1 and 3 because they both end pretty much in exactly the same way, with the destruction of the death star

they have also said they like their characters to end up doing something that you never would have guessed from when we are first introduced to them..

a W/E ending and a Jack sailing off on his own ending is going with what they seem to dislike the very most about a trilogy..

And it also goes against what they say they like to see from their characters at the end of a story.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Nov 13th, 2006 at 11:13 PM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 10:58 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

i agree....and to go further, why complicate things more by adding a Jack/Liz kiss!!!! Thats not there for nothing!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 11:04 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
a-k-a-amber

i mean the first one left, at least me in the dust i thought something was going to happen on that island... and was dissapointed when it didn't even my bro who is the last person to watch a romance was mad because "the pirate should get the girl"

"It would never have worked out between us."..... "Keep telling yourself that darling."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 11:07 PM
a-k-a-amber is currently offline Click here to Send a-k-a-amber a Private Message Find more posts by a-k-a-amber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

^^ Me too i seriously thought something was gonna happen on that Island....it was set up perfectly for something to happen....but NOTHING DID!!! i was pissed!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 11:10 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

seriously though..why spend millions on sequels if they are just ending pretty much back on page 1 with all of the charatcters?????

what was the point of that adventure?

Last edited by LovelyOne on Nov 13th, 2006 at 11:26 PM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 11:24 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swann&Sparrow
Broken

T&T will redeem themselves. They will. Remember girls, there may be alot of rumors going around, alot of lies and bashing. But what we must all remember is that T&T are great writers, they will give us everthing we want. And believe me, they know we're thinking that, they understand that we need more than a prostitute pirate and a loveydovey Disney ending.

It's alright for Princess Diaries, for Ella Enchanted for whatever. Those are for little children that don't get the real world. The struggles of love and relationships. But T&T know that we do, us teens and grownups. We understand that true beauty is within. That it's not just the tan or the hair, it's the person.

And I believe that they will give us our Jack. Not the dreadlocks or the eyeliner or that damned golden tooth. Jack Sparrow, the man.

We will get him and William Turner and our beloved Lizzie Swann. We'll get their persons, not their clothes or makeup. Just them.

We will get our character development, we will get the people inside, the jewle unrefined. We will get our ending, our perfect ruined ending. Stained with deaths and wars for ages, but ours. And T&T's and most definatly, everyone in the Caribbean.

That's what we'll get in the end. And we damn as hell deserve it.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 11:27 PM
Swann&Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Swann&Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Swann&Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

i agree that would be a total outrage....the reason they do sequels is because their lives change and we're given the opportunity to see what happens after they supposebly live happily ever after!

which is as we saw that Will and Liz never made it to the alter....huge sign right there if u asked me!@!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 11:28 PM
katelovespirate

S and S, that was sooo hot. Jack the man. sigh.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 11:29 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calypso

one reply

BILLION DOLLAR BOX OFFICE

'Show me the money' concept.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 11:30 PM
calypso is currently offline Click here to Send calypso a Private Message Find more posts by calypso Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Its like...Harry potter starting as a shy boy with no powers stuck with his aunt and uncle...and then ending the entire story as a shy person with no powers stuck with his aunt and uncle..JK would be royally slated for that. It would mean we wasted our money on a pointless adventure that need not have happened in the first place because Harry Potter ended up exactly the same as he started... what story ever does that?

Last edited by LovelyOne on Nov 13th, 2006 at 11:34 PM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 11:31 PM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

If they want 2 out of the 3 movies in this franchise in the BILLION dollar club then they will have to give us our Jack/Liz something!!!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 11:32 PM
Swann&Sparrow
Broken

Thank you, I just believe that T&T realize our struggle and our passion for POTC in all. And I really do believe that we will get out J/E

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 11:35 PM
Swann&Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Swann&Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Swann&Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
a-k-a-amber

JAck and Elizabeth...
Will and elizabeth

hoestly which one sounds better?

"It would never have worked out between us."..... "Keep telling yourself that darling."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 11:36 PM
a-k-a-amber is currently offline Click here to Send a-k-a-amber a Private Message Find more posts by a-k-a-amber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

JACK AND ELIZABETH

just sounds exciting..lol

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 11:38 PM
LovelyOne

Not even that..

it just needs to establish that we didn't waste our money on watching an adventure unfold and then have it wind up at stage 1 again??

I think that is so weird..

I remember other people who managed to get hold of the entire draft script..they said how weird it was that the characters appear to end up exactly where they started with movie 1..

something fishy is going on here with this ending..Something is being well hidden IMO

..T&T know thats not a good way to tell a story if the characters end in exactly the same kind of way as movie 1. Critics and the audience will notice and will not like it

This ending is supposed to be such a shocking and ambiguous ending that they are releasing in world wide on the same day..now a W/E and Jack sailing off on his own end is shocking and ambiguous how exactly?

We've seen it before..this ending is supposed to be "unexpected"

Last edited by LovelyOne on Nov 13th, 2006 at 11:42 PM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 11:39 PM
a-k-a-amber

hmmmmm lets think about this whats the most unexpected thing T&T can throw at us..........

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 11:41 PM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Hey if they were able to hide Barbossa at the end of DMC....im sure they have something up their sleeves for at worlds end too!!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 11:41 PM
a-k-a-amber

quote: (post)
Originally posted by PirateDiva
Hey if they were able to hide Barbossa at the end of DMC....im sure they have something up their sleeves for at worlds end too!!!
yeah i didn't have a clue who it was i was sitting there thinking anamaria but nooooooooooooooo they pull the biggest thing they can

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 11:43 PM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Ya and it was amazing i want o have that feeling again u know!! it was great knowing that they were able to pull a fast one on me!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 11:48 PM
LovelyOne

Its also weird how this ends pretty much as piracy is drawing to a close and Jack will need to find some other way to exist and live on in life or he will die..and he leaves basically heading out to be a pirate?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 11:58 PM