KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The Death Of Tony Stark?

The Death Of Tony Stark?
Started by: S-Ranger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S-Ranger

The Death Of Tony Stark?

Who else is starting to think that Ironman is being built up to be knocked down. There has been hint's of his death i.e the Sentry Civil War tie in and of course with all the going on's during Civil War he hasn't made himself a popular figure will Marvel resort to killing him off or some weird never seen it coming cop-out? Surely with a movie being made about him they won't resort to this?

Discuss.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 11:03 AM
S-Ranger is currently offline Click here to Send S-Ranger a Private Message Find more posts by S-Ranger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Eh, i guess there's a chance. I honestly don't see it happening though, especially with the movie on the way.

Tony's been getting a good push from Marvel lately, and despite all he's a popular character. All Civil War has done has made him more interesting in my eyes, and i think that's the case with alot of other people aswell.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 11:10 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Meh.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 11:16 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S-Ranger

I like his recent push as well it's defintely made him more interesting but i'm just worried with Marvel's track record that they'll pull something stupid out of the bag as they do with some popular characters.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 11:24 AM
S-Ranger is currently offline Click here to Send S-Ranger a Private Message Find more posts by S-Ranger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

If he die I don't see it as lasting very long to popular a character to just kill and not expect to be back really soon.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 01:55 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

I belive Tony is gonna getkocked around, but marvel is in no way gonna kill of Ironman, one of the founding members of the Avengers.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 02:01 PM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

No, no death. He'll suffer some hardship, though.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 04:32 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

Marvel already killed Thor. There is a possibility they are putting Tony down. But first they are going to power him up. If they kill him. I suppose it is possible, but let's see...

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 04:34 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Thor is not dead - he's sleeping. wink

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 04:53 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

He's not gonna die. Not after expanding on the character so much. It would be a waste.

Then again, Marvel IS known for its countless anticlimactic **** ups.....

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 05:05 PM
Dinalfos is currently offline Click here to Send Dinalfos a Private Message Find more posts by Dinalfos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kinda like the Onslaught saga.

Anywho, I don't think they'll kill him off. Bendis tried to say it might not be Tony behind the mask in Mighty Avengers, but he's not smooth. Tony is the only one able to use that armor. Who did he think we thought it was gonna be? Rhodey?

He'll still be around, but I think Maria Hill will probably be killed, and more than likely by Fury.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 05:15 PM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega-level

No, Tony will be director of SHIELD. Not only he will not die, but will have more power and be a much more influential figure in the MU.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 05:50 PM
Omega-level is currently offline Click here to Send Omega-level a Private Message Find more posts by Omega-level Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathstroke
Slayer

Could someone tell me what happened in the Sentry Civil War tie-in that hinted at his death?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 06:13 PM
Deathstroke is currently offline Click here to Send Deathstroke a Private Message Find more posts by Deathstroke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote