KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » New Excalibur "Unredeemed"(spoilers)

New Excalibur "Unredeemed"(spoilers)
Started by: snoopdogg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

New Excalibur "Unredeemed"(spoilers)

Well the story arc started focusing on Juggernaut possibly going back to his oldschool power levels. So if anybody read it what's your views so far? I think Juggy will remain one of the good guys as he is on the cover of issue #16 along with Excalibur, but then again covers can be deceiving.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 03:56 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Someone needs to read this arc and spoil the SHIT out of it for me!

Please? sad.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 04:05 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Yeah, it's pretty much a given that Juggernaut will remain a good guy.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 04:24 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Yeah, it's pretty much a given that Juggernaut will remain a good guy.
I believe that also. But one thing that gets me is that Juggernaut is getting weaker and weaker. If he stays a good guy what happens to Cain Marko?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 04:28 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didn't get "Jug will remain a good guy" from #13 at ALL. In fact, I got the exact opposite of that.

Basically, we see the Wrecking Crew beating the shit out of Jugs, all the while saying things like "Hah, the Juggernaut? I remember when I could count on you to beat any hero who got in your way, but now you're getting your ass beat by us, the Wrecking crew!". They go on to beat him senseless until he's saved by his teammates...and then the good shit happens.

He hears voices (most likely Cyttorak's) telling him to rape one member of his team and kill the others. The voice tells him that he doesn't have to remain weak, that he could be a god again if he wanted. All he has to do is-

And then we see Jug going to where he first found the gem. DUN DUN DUN!!!

Cyttorak is messing with Jug's mind(which we find out he's done the entire time Jug has been Jug. Which would explain some of the evil he's done), trying to turn him evil again or at least turn him into a tear-it-up machine and we all know Jug ain't great at pushing off mental suggestions.

Of course, Jug could be a good guy and suck still, but man...looks like he's on his way to kicking-your-favorite-hero's-ass-ville to me. I sure hope so!!@!!E#QRR

Awesome, awesome, AWESOME comic.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 07:26 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by long pig
I didn't get "Jug will remain a good guy" from #13 at ALL. In fact, I got the exact opposite of that.

Basically, we see the Wrecking Crew beating the shit out of Jugs, all the while saying things like "Hah, the Juggernaut? I remember when I could count on you to beat any hero who got in your way, but now you're getting your ass beat by us, the Wrecking crew!". They go on to beat him senseless until he's saved by his teammates...and then the good shit happens.

He hears voices (most likely Cyttorak's) telling him to rape one member of his team and kill the others. The voice tells him that he doesn't have to remain weak, that he could be a god again if he wanted. All he has to do is-

And then we see Jug going to where he first found the gem. DUN DUN DUN!!!

Cyttorak is messing with Jug's mind(which we find out he's done the entire time Jug has been Jug. Which would explain some of the evil he's done), trying to turn him evil again or at least turn him into a tear-it-up machine and we all know Jug ain't great at pushing off mental suggestions.

Of course, Jug could be a good guy and suck still, but man...looks like he's on his way to kicking-your-favorite-hero's-ass-ville to me. I sure hope so!!@!!E#QRR

Awesome, awesome, AWESOME comic.
Sweet! Was there any explanation for him being so weak also?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 07:29 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

AWEESOSSOMMMEEE!!!

Can't wait..for...issue...14....when...isitcoming...??

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 07:30 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by bigbran
Sweet! Was there any explanation for him being so weak also?

He rejected Cyttorak, and that's a no-no. Cyttorak's biggest, well, only true characteristic is Ego/Vanity. When Jug rejected him, he took back his godlike power.

But, Jug was the best Jug and he wants him back.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 07:32 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

He rejected Cyttorak, and that's a no-no. Cyttorak's biggest, well, only true characteristic is Ego/Vanity. When Jug rejected him, he took back his godlike power.

But, Jug was the best Jug and he wants him back.
Oh, OK, thanks.
Hopefully they pit him against Thor.
Those fights are always the best. (damnit, Thor's gone)
Maybe Hulk, just have him stomp his green ass in.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 07:37 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah, I just want him to take out the Wrecking Crew, possibly kill all of them.

Would ANYONE miss them?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 07:39 AM
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

yes i had heard some noise that throughout cytorrak's immortal life, he has appointed a mantle of juggernauts thoughout human history. cain is just the latest..that is if you dont count that 14yo kid cytorrak had sent after him after he banged she hulk...the point being all his avatars had to be the epitomy of evil, so lets see if he bites oon that carrot of unlimted power that cytorrak is dangling b4 him...you know its bad when the wrecking crew is handing out ass whoopings. especially when luke cage and spider woman manhandled the strongest one among them

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 07:40 AM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by manjaro
yes i had heard some noise that throughout cytorrak's immortal life, he has appointed a mantle of juggernauts thoughout human history. cain is just the latest..that is if you dont count that 14yo kid cytorrak had sent after him after he banged she hulk...the point being all his avatars had to be the epitomy of evil, so lets see if he bites oon that carrot of unlimted power that cytorrak is dangling b4 him...you know its bad when the wrecking crew is handing out ass whoopings. especially when luke cage and spider woman manhandled the strongest one among them

Exactly.

I really dig the idea that Cyttorak acts as a split personality in Cain's mind, telling him evil things to do, evil plots and such. Belittling him or picking out his every weakness to get him to obey...all 24/7. It makes sense.

The real Jug would have ran through the WC in maybe 30 seconds.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 07:45 AM
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Well, i say this because New Excalibur is still considered Claremont's book. Tieri is only filling in while CC's health gets better. Therefore, Tieri's bound not to be doing anything as drastic as turning one of the team members back into a bad guy.

I'd rather Tieri was staying on the book. I didn't care for it when CC was penning, but it's actually been interesting lately.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 07:50 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Well, i say this because New Excalibur is still considered Claremont's book. Tieri is only filling in while CC's health gets better. Therefore, Tieri's bound not to be doing anything as drastic as turning one of the team members back into a bad guy.

I'd rather Tieri was staying on the book. I didn't care for it when CC was penning, but it's actually been interesting lately.

You sir, are a crusher of dreams. A lie-smith. A silver tongued snake! I refuse to believe you!

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 08:01 AM
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Juggernaut should've had the sense to do this:
http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?...toxin4201ej.jpg

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 12:32 PM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Pretty good isuue indeed. I want him to go being bad again.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 08:53 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Nah, I just want him to take out the Wrecking Crew, possibly kill all of them.

Would ANYONE miss them?

Wrecker is one of Marvel's best characters

The Crew? Who cares about them?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 09:18 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Grimm22
Wrecker is one of Marvel's best characters

The Crew? Who cares about them?

Only when Absorbing Man joined the crew was it half-way decent. And he ended up beating the whole team's ass in about 3 seconds when they turned on him.

Ah, it was so awesome, too.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 04:58 AM
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Only when Absorbing Man joined the crew was it half-way decent. And he ended up beating the whole team's ass in about 3 seconds when they turned on him.

Ah, it was so awesome, too.

Non-Jobbing Wrecker is a force to reckoned with

He has demolished entire buildings with one hit of his crowbar

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 02:57 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by Grimm22
Non-Jobbing Wrecker is a force to reckoned with

He has demolished entire buildings with one hit of his crowbar
His crowbar is a force to be reckoned with. He sure isn't.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 11:58 PM