KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Good Thor Comics?

Good Thor Comics?
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Good Thor Comics?

So, I recently got my brother more into comics. Now he is interested in one character in particular. That is Thor. He wants to know some good comics involving everyone's favorite Asgardian and some good graphic novels as well. Any help would be appreciated. cool

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 07:39 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Thor: Gods and Men arc was good. So was the Thor: Lord of Asgard arc. Their both in TPB now so u should get those.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 07:49 AM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Thanks... BUMP

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 06:31 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Thanks... BUMP

Ask Whirly..... He'll have loads for u wink

He loves Thor . smile

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 09:58 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maestro

Blood and Thunder is a good series, it's the one where Thor goes into warrior madness, though it crosses into silver surfer comics and some infinity watch comics.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 11:44 PM
Maestro is currently offline Click here to Send Maestro a Private Message Find more posts by Maestro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Ragnarok. Last few issues of thor.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 01:20 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JudgeMENTAL
Restricted

Account Restricted

smile

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 12:04 AM
JudgeMENTAL is currently offline Click here to Send JudgeMENTAL a Private Message Find more posts by JudgeMENTAL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nataku8188
Ragnarok. Last few issues of thor.

Yep.

Honestly, Thor 200-500 sucked. I'm being honest.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 07:41 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by JudgeMENTAL
smile

Whirly? Yah?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 07:41 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by long pig
Yep.

Do you also mean the ones like 388, and 412? I thought those ones were pretty sweet.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 07:56 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by bigbran
Do you also mean the ones like 388, and 412? I thought those ones were pretty sweet.

Remind me of what happened.

I could hardly read any of the first 500 Thor comics they sucked so bad. They sucked almost as bad as Hulk's first couple hundred.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 07:59 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Remind me of what happened.

I could hardly read any of the first 500 Thor comics they sucked so bad. They sucked almost as bad as Hulk's first couple hundred.
Thor 388, he meets Exitar, and cracks his head open.
He fights Juggs in Thor 412.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 08:14 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd say the Spiral and Reigning arcs are good. The Thunderstrike run is great. Ragnarok, Blood and Thunder, and the last 100 issues of Vol 1 are great.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 08:16 AM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

Good Thor comics hm.... Thor v1 01 - 500 & Thor v2 01 - 85

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 04:07 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DDurand

The ones when he is a frog. SO funny !

Oh ! end... i don't remember in what issue is. sooowwy...

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 04:18 PM
DDurand is currently offline Click here to Send DDurand a Private Message Find more posts by DDurand Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Yep.

What the f**k? WHAT?

Walt Simonson's run was in there - from #337 to 382. He is still the defintive Thor writer and artist. It's just that he was followed by Tom Defalco and Ron Frenz - I didn't like their work.

Check out the Marvel Masterworks of the Walt Simonson run.
Other than the trades from Dan Jurgens late 90's run, see if you can find a mid-80's graphic novel called The Raven Banner, by Alan Zelenetz & Charles Vess. It's set in Asgard, and it's beautiful.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 07:24 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by roughrider
What the f**k? WHAT?

Walt Simonson's run was in there - from #337 to 382. He is still the defintive Thor writer and artist. It's just that he was followed by Tom Defalco and Ron Frenz - I didn't like their work.

Check out the Marvel Masterworks of the Walt Simonson run.
Other than the trades from Dan Jurgens late 90's run, see if you can find a mid-80's graphic novel called The Raven Banner, by Alan Zelenetz & Charles Vess. It's set in Asgard, and it's beautiful.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

lp, you kidding?? simonson's run with the introduction of bill all the way to odin, thor and loki v surtur were some of the best (and most popular) comics marvel has ever put out!! there WAS a lot of junk, admittedly, but that run was thoroughly AWESOME!! the cover of 351 was one of my all-time faves and the cliff-hanger (surtur finally defeats thor on bifrost and who stpes out on the last page to meet himt?? ODIN!!) was among my top 2 or 3 favourites. i was practically dying for a month . . .

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 12:43 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by leonidas
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

lp, you kidding?? simonson's run with the introduction of bill all the way to odin, thor and loki v surtur were some of the best (and most popular) comics marvel has ever put out!! there WAS a lot of junk, admittedly, but that run was thoroughly AWESOME!! the cover of 351 was one of my all-time faves and the cliff-hanger (surtur finally defeats thor on bifrost and who stpes out on the last page to meet himt?? ODIN!!) was among my top 2 or 3 favourites. i was practically dying for a month . . .

Ya, that was a good issue.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 12:53 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Also, Thor 356 had a really good cover, and read. Hercules was telling a story... shifty

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 01:17 AM
Jimmy-Chan

Simonson and Oeming's runs are the only times I've really liked Thor comics cconsistently.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 01:43 AM
Jimmy-Chan is currently offline Click here to Send Jimmy-Chan a Private Message Find more posts by Jimmy-Chan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote