KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Batdude's tourney odds thread

Batdude's tourney odds thread
Started by: Devil Lance

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Devil Lance
DL

Cool Batdude's tourney odds thread

This is Batude's ourney odds thread

post how good of a chance you think each team has of winning the tourney.

here are the teams and their characters so far

BW / DC - Black Alice - 1st
Baldey / DevilLance - Quasar -
trolly / King Kandy - Fallen One -
Roldz/Nino - Superman Blue -
captian / MartianMind - Captain Atom -
Digi / Scoob - Adam Warlock -
PR/Rewmac- Iceman -
Bran / Darthgoober - ???

Last edited by Devil Lance on Dec 12th, 2006 at 04:06 AM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 03:58 AM
Devil Lance is currently offline Click here to Send Devil Lance a Private Message Find more posts by Devil Lance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

I have 8th odds.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 04:00 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King Kandy
I have 8th odds.
confused

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 04:04 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by bigbran
confused

double confused

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 04:06 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil Lance
DL

Originally posted by pr1983
double confused

don't spam this thread mad
stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 04:07 AM
Devil Lance is currently offline Click here to Send Devil Lance a Private Message Find more posts by Devil Lance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Its not spam... messed

but ok...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 04:09 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

The current favorites have to be the returning champions from the last few tourneys: Me and Scoobless based solely on experience (which has been shown to be important in the past) and the fact that our partners are considered "big guns" (DC and Digi respectively) as well.

But PR/Rewmac are regular forums, as are bigbran/goober. And plenty of people have made names for themselves taking down "big guns" in tourneys before (I myself, for example, was hardly a favorite going into the Ironman level tourney where I pwned Scoobs).

So...

If 8/1 is the average, we'll start Me/DC and Digi/Scoobs at about 6/1. PR/Rewmac, Goober/Bigbran and Roldz/Nino at 8/1. King Kandy/trollyl and Devil Lance/BB at 10/1. MM/Captain at 12/1 (captain hasnt been around has he?)

This could all change though, and obviously will.

So, what odds would all of you have?

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 04:14 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Anyway:

There's always a few things you can look to (since I've seen my share of these things).

1 is experience. Blair/DC and Scoob/Myself are the tourney vets. It doesn't mean we'll win, but historically "tourney vets" have fared well (even if they haven't won).

2 is a strong draft. We'll know more as rounds 2 and 3 play out. I'm sure everyone will have their opinion, but I'll withhold mine until we know more.

3 you can't really account for. Occasionally someone just comes out of nowhere. But generally you can sort of see it coming with a solid draft or a lot of tourney involvement.

P.S. Blair's assessment seems about right. But it will obviously change. thumb up

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 04:16 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

So are you guys betting or something?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 04:17 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Blair Wind
The current favorites have to be the returning champions from the last few tourneys: Me and Scoobless based solely on experience (which has been shown to be important in the past) and the fact that our partners are considered "big guns" (DC and Digi respectively) as well.

But PR/Rewmac are regular forums, as are bigbran/goober. And plenty of people have made names for themselves taking down "big guns" in tourneys before (I myself, for example, was hardly a favorite going into the Ironman level tourney where I pwned Scoobs).

So...

If 8/1 is the average, we'll start Me/DC and Digi/Scoobs at about 6/1. PR/Rewmac, Goober/Bigbran and Roldz/Nino at 8/1. King Kandy/trollyl and Devil Lance/BB at 10/1. MM/Captain at 12/1 (captain hasnt been around has he?)

This could all change though, and obviously will.

So, what odds would all of you have?

i pretty much agree with you on the odds part, this tourney could go the way of the tourney vets walking it or the newcomers causing an upset... i think once the draft is finished things will start to become clearer...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 04:18 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by King Kandy
So are you guys betting or something?

Nah just having fun.

And people like Blair and myself actually gained a lot of noteriety in tourneys (though I didn't win mine). I probably wouldn't be a mod if I hadn't been so active and successful (yet respectful and intelligent) in the old herald amalgam tourney (which caught the attention of Tron and Paola).

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 04:20 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Nah just having fun.

And people like Blair and myself actually gained a lot of noteriety in tourneys (though I didn't win mine). I probably wouldn't be a mod if I hadn't been so active and successful (yet respectful and intelligent) in the old herald amalgam tourney (which caught the attention of Tron and Paola).

So this could be my break into the big time...

sweetness.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 04:37 AM
Smoki
Restricted

Account Restricted

how does this work can anyone join

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 05:52 AM
Smoki is currently offline Click here to Send Smoki a Private Message Find more posts by Smoki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Smoki
how does this work can anyone join

Yeah, but we already had sign-ups a couple weeks ago. Since you're kinda new, you might be better off just watching the proceedings anyway, then if you're interested you can get involved in future tourneys.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 05:56 AM
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hmm. It depends. From what I've seen of Digi and Scoob, Scoob knows a lot about Iron Man, and I haven't seen much of you Digi, no offense. I like Scoob's style, because he gives the cold, hard facts. I respect that a lot, and I think it gives a huge advantage.

I'm assuming the DC is Darkcrawler, who is one of my favorite guys to talk comics with on SHC. He's very aggressive with his debating style, and keeps people on the ropes. As for Blair, he's also aggressive, but in my opinion annoying, which keeps people's minds off balance. Sure it's low, but it's effective. The only problem is that when debating against someone who is maticulous, you'll leave yourself open for a counterpoint that might f#@$ up your whole presentation.

The underdogs are Bran and Goober. Both these guys are good buds of mine, and know their facts more than anyone I know. They are both awesome and presenting literally everything they can find to win a debate. I kinda imagine two dudes sitting next to each other with a mountain of comics reading through each panel looking for feats. I wouldn't be suprised if they win the whole thing.

So, that's how I see it. Can't wait to see how it pans out.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 06:37 AM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

....I think I'll just take that as a compliment, and move on in life. Though in tournys I am also known for my creativity (as DC can tell you later evil face ) erm

Thanks HJ for the honest opinions though smile

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Last edited by Blair Wind on Dec 12th, 2006 at 07:03 AM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 06:58 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Got a feeling Roldz and Nino will do well....

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 06:59 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bald Bugger
Restricted

Account Restricted

Martian Mind and Captian FTW.

Sig by Pittman
Scoobs bald b*tch

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 07:24 AM
Bald Bugger is currently offline Click here to Send Bald Bugger a Private Message Find more posts by Bald Bugger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blair Wind
....I think I'll just take that as a compliment, and move on in life. Though in tournys I am also known for my creativity (as DC can tell you later evil face ) erm

Thanks HJ for the honest opinions though smile

Not a problem. I'm excited to see how the draft pans out.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 07:32 AM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Hmm. It depends. From what I've seen of Digi and Scoob, Scoob knows a lot about Iron Man, and I haven't seen much of you Digi, no offense. I like Scoob's style, because he gives the cold, hard facts. I respect that a lot, and I think it gives a huge advantage.

I'm assuming the DC is Darkcrawler, who is one of my favorite guys to talk comics with on SHC. He's very aggressive with his debating style, and keeps people on the ropes. As for Blair, he's also aggressive, but in my opinion annoying, which keeps people's minds off balance. Sure it's low, but it's effective. The only problem is that when debating against someone who is maticulous, you'll leave yourself open for a counterpoint that might f#@$ up your whole presentation.

The underdogs are Bran and Goober. Both these guys are good buds of mine, and know their facts more than anyone I know. They are both awesome and presenting literally everything they can find to win a debate. I kinda imagine two dudes sitting next to each other with a mountain of comics reading through each panel looking for feats. I wouldn't be suprised if they win the whole thing.

So, that's how I see it. Can't wait to see how it pans out.

Im not even mentioned?ouch

miffed

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 08:10 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote